• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..............@ Bungles.....

Lmao, sorry, but have you watched our running game? 3rd and 5 may as well be 3rd and 20 with our running game.
Right but in that case it can be done, and if you are running anyhow at least it makes them worry about the pass.

There are lots of things to ***** about… that pass simply isn’t one of them… it was at worse a reasonable decision… again, something like a deep shot there with the clock running, that’s risky and a bad low percentage play… but with the clock stopped with that much time , that play was fine…

The hitch was ridiculous. Not only had they thrown it a ton already, but even if completed, there's a chance a throw outside ends up out of bounds. Plus a throw like that has a pick 6 risk and at that point in the game, a defense might look to jump a route. A route you ran time and again.

I'm OK with throwing there but can't you at least throw over the middle? Or i'd even rather a deep shot to go for the win.

Canada didn’t miss the throws, but that doesn’t absolve his piss poor play calling.
He didn’t miss the throws, but he didn’t have the best players on the field either. Too many times including 3rd downs both DJ and Pickens standing on the sidelines with Gunner and Boykins in the huddle. Sure, the OL run blocking is terrible, but how about having route trees that flood the intermediate areas, especially the middle of the field?

The OC thinks he is so clever, he’s out smarting himself. Another Kevin Gilbride. He has so many weapons at his disposal he should throw out HiS playbook and make a new one with the players he has. He can effectively go Jumbo formation with play action now…or motion from 11 personnel to Streak formations. We have players who can do that.

On defense, we’ve never seem to have that problem with pass rushing or until last year, stopping the run. Coaches, specifically coordinators put the players In the best positions to make plays. Has Canada done that? Nope.

He didn’t miss the throws, but he didn’t have the best players on the field either. Too many times including 3rd downs both DJ and Pickens standing on the sidelines with Gunner and Boykins in the huddle. Sure, the OL run blocking is terrible, but how about having route trees that flood the intermediate areas, especially the middle of the field?

The OC thinks he is so clever, he’s out smarting himself. Another Kevin Gilbride. He has so many weapons at his disposal he should throw out HiS playbook and make a new one with the players he has. He can effectively go Jumbo formation with play action now…or motion from 11 personnel to Streak formations.

On defense, we’ve never seem to have that problem with pass rushing or until last year, stopping the run. Coaches, specifically coordinators put the players In the best positions to make plays. Has Canada done that? Nope.
Canada couldn’t figure out how to design and run an offense with a HOF QB…I don’t see him magically changing now. It is mind numbing.

Because it was going to be two pass plays or a draw. The 5 yard pass is a high percentage pass and if it goes perfectly you get 3rd and 6 or 7, which is very manageable even with a run

You want to talk percentages? The Steelers were 3-14 (21%) on third down conversions at that point. They converted from 2, 5, and 2 yards. On all other opportunities of any distance, they were 0-11 (0%) on 3rd down. Their running backs averaged 2.3 yards per carry on the day, and their best one had just gone out of the game with an injury. And you want to throw a 5-yard pass to set up a "very manageable run" on 3rd-and-7?

Stop with the nonsense.

Jesus Christ, it's like talking to a sprinkler.

I SAID that the play call was bad. The debate was not me saying, "Hey, that ******* 3-yard hitch is brilliant." I SAID that I also criticized the play call itself, but not the decision in general to throw a pass to get a 1st down and WIN THE GAME.

Gee, I wish I had been more clear, something like:

Wait ...
Meh.....unfortunately a 5 yard hitch play was not going to get you a first down. And because it was incomplete gave the Bengals a TO. One they should not have had. Because of it they were able to use their entire playbook and work the middle of the field.

How special was our OC in the college ranks because here in the NFL he seems to be that special kind of special.

Salute the nation

Because it was going to be two pass plays or a draw. The 5 yard pass is a high percentage pass and if it goes perfectly you get 3rd and 6 or 7, which is very manageable even with a run

I thought that play call was brilliant. Only better call would have been to spike the ball.

(Sarcasm font.)
Our offense sucked all game. We were living off of the defense. You make them use their TOs to help the defense. The higher percentage to keep the clock rolling was to run the ball. Of course another RB could have rolled their ankle or something. 🙄