• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's................vs Bills

I don’t want to excuse Hodges completely, but I’m not sure Ben or any QB without a great ability to scramble would have had a much better game.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Ben is the same future HOF QB who threw a boneheaded interception to end our game in Denver last year, and looked pretty pedestrian against the Pats this year even the best can $&/@ the bed from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Watching Duck throw, he doesn't seem to have very good arm strength. I'm not on the field so I could be wrong but I am not seeing it. Hopefully, he can gain some strength this offseason and next year when he is back sitting behind Ben.

Let’s not kid ourselves, Ben is the same future HOF QB who threw a boneheaded interception to end our game in Denver last year, and looked pretty pedestrian against the Pats this year even the best can $&/@ the bed from time to time.

Don't kid yourself, we win last night pretty easily with Ben at QB.

Watching Duck throw, he doesn't seem to have very good arm strength. I'm not on the field so I could be wrong but I am not seeing it. Hopefully, he can gain some strength this offseason and next year when he is back sitting behind Ben.

Arm strength is you either have it or you don't. Duck's arm strength makes Chad Pennington look like Bretty Favre.

I knew this day was coming. Folks have been singing Hodges’ praises since training camp. Then they started this “Duck Mania” crap. There was no way this kid was ever going to live up to the hype. He was an I drafted rookie for a reason. There’s a reason that when he was cut, not a single team claimed him.

As you said, nice kid, but he was never the answer. Now some of the same people are calling him “trash.” He’s not trash. He’s just who we knew he was all along.

Yeah, lots of people got a little too far out over their skis on that one. Look, I want the kid to succeed. If he succeeds, so do the Steelers. The expectations were not realistic. Especially all the yacking about Super Bowl runs. Hell some people even wanted Ben cut to let Hodges run the offense. I think we can cease all that nonsense.

Diontae Johnson, two fumbles. Can't fumble on any stage let alone the big one. Just an ugly game for our offense.

He's been watching Juju too much with trying to stiff arm everyone now and keeps the ball in the open with one arm.

I think Fichtner gets the biggest goat/FU designation on this game, as he has pretty much all season.

I realize Conner is a china doll, but this RB carousel is atrocious. Decide on who is the main guy between Samuels and Snell, if Conner can't go.
If Conner CAN go next week, give him 20-25 carries. If not, my vote is give Snell 20-25 carries.
If Snell is in there, the play doesn't always have to be a run up the middle against a 9 or 10 man front. Audible, anyone? Is that allowed?
If Samuels is in there, it doesn't always have to be a pass. And I'm not talking about the stupid wildcat either. "Going to the well once too often" isn't a game plan.
I've heard much bemoaning the loss of the HOF'er Roosevelt Nix... can a LBer not lead block? Sounds like a good spot for our JV LB Chickillo.
Ever heard of a crossing route?
Nice swing pass to Conner on the TD! Should do that 5 times more often than the wildcat, not the other way around.
Ever heard of a dumpoff, or better yet, a called screen, on an all out blitz? Ever heard of a shallow crossing route? Hell, how about a semi-legal pick play or 10?
Sometimes I wonder if the idea of WRs cutting off their route on a blitz is even a concept in this offense.

We have a pretty damn good D, but the opposing D is almost always a little better... because they get to play against our O.

Last edited:
A weak schedule has lead to good feelings and unrealistic expectations in the nation. Good effort by all over the last several weeks, but this team doesn't have the horses to truly compete this year.

Game balls: Conner- it's great to see him getting healthy and returning to form. Too bad he didn't get more oppurtunities.
TJ- he just continues to impress. He single handedly kept this game within reach. DPOY and team MVP without a doubt.

Not sure who's idea it was it to feature our undrafted rookie qb against one of the best defenses in the league, but that's who deserves the goat/FU.

Last edited:
Ben was hurt from the getgo using his performance this year against him is silly.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Ben was hurt from the getgo using his performance this year against him is silly.

Not when an agenda is being pushed by the Anti-Ben crowd. We have to remember that a lot of these fans are fairly young and did not have to go through the 80's-90's when we were desperately looking for someone to take over for TB. Franchise QB's are extremely tough to find, but you know that. And when you lose your franchise for the season and then his backup hits the wall, you're in trouble. The fact that this team is even in the running for a playoff spot is nothing short of a miracle. Props to the team for all the fight they've shown this year. I'm really looking forward to what this team is going to do when Ben gets back into the lineup next season. We just need to pray that his elbow gets healthy and we don't have another TB elbow issue developing.

Yeah, lots of people got a little too far out over their skis on that one. Look, I want the kid to succeed. If he succeeds, so do the Steelers. The expectations were not realistic. Especially all the yacking about Super Bowl runs. Hell some people even wanted Ben cut to let Hodges run the offense. I think we can cease all that nonsense.

I had to watch last week's game in a bar in Philipsburg, as deer camp doesn't have cable or wifi. There were two guys trying to tell me how great Duck was and that he and "Randolf" were both better qbs than Ben. When I told them that Duck may make a really good backup, but didn't have the arm to be a starter and that neither would ever come close to our future HOF qb, they told me I was crazy. I just had to chuckle and go back to my beer. You just don't argue with stupid.

I had to watch last week's game in a bar in Philipsburg, as deer camp doesn't have cable or wifi. There were two guys trying to tell me how great Duck was and that he and "Randolf" were both better qbs than Ben. When I told them that Duck may make a really good backup, but didn't have the arm to be a starter and that neither would ever come close to our future HOF qb, they told me I was crazy. I just had to chuckle and go back to my beer. You just don't argue with stupid.

lol. Yep, you can't fix stupid.

Did you eat you some deer heart? Was at a camp once and was surprised how tasty it was.

The one play that stands out to me was the 3rd and 18. They let Allen scramble for like 12 yards and give them the chance to get the first on 4th down. I think they would have punted on 4th and long

They do give up lots of 3rd and longs

Maybe if they all weren't running 50 yd windsprints to get their pose on camera every other play they would have enough gas to finish games

They do give up lots of 3rd and longs

Maybe if they all weren't running 50 yd windsprints to get their pose on camera every other play they would have enough gas to finish games
That **** is ridiculous.

That **** is ridiculous.

Tomlin's team arrogance, first he let the offensive divas run the team, now the defense is all about themselves, showboating for the cameras every play, what would old man Rooney think

Umm all the defenses in the league do that. I guess that's Tomlin's team arrogance too?
Hopefully they will all stop it. To me it is on the same level as celebrating first downs. They haven't accomplished ****. Win the game then run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Hopefully they will all stop it. To me it is on the same level as celebrating first downs. They haven't accomplished ****. Win the game then run around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Hopefully they start calling delay of games to end that ****. It's old and played out at this point.

Oh I agree, I was just dispelling this myth that somehow this is also Tomlins fault. Some of the **** that comes out of supposedly seasoned Steeler fans is just ridiculous.

Tomlin's team arrogance, first he let the offensive divas run the team, now the defense is all about themselves, showboating for the cameras every play, what would old man Rooney think

You know Spike,I thought I was the only one thinking this ****. When they all run to the end zone cause one guy makes a play. I am surprised they don’t pull out cellphones and take selfies. It’s the world we live in. Look at me. Look at me. I give my kids **** all the time. Then they look at me.

I like say the Larry Fitzgerald look.....quick celebration.....flip the ball to the ref. TJ’s Kung fu kick is fine. Coach should put an end to this bullshit. Remember,was it Willie Mitchell screaming like a little ***** every time he made a tackle,even if it was 3rd and 20,and he gave up 25.
Show some quiet confidence,professionalism. I guess I am getting old.