• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

JT weighs in on "my man", Diontae-nay-nay... a couple a times.

Thinks Pickett could be better with rippin it earlier to get some better accuracy.

So when we drafted Pickett, I figured that he was going to end up being a guy like Kirk Cousins or Ryan Tannehill. The guy who ends up having a long career but isn’t a superstar. I am extremely encouraged by his late game heroics because that was something that I thought he lacked.. and he really does have that ability..,

And despite what the knee jerk guys seem to think, his flaws are all completely coachable.

This video highlighted two of my favorite plays last game… the very first shot up the middle to Freiermuth and the last one covered, when we used motion exquisitely for like the tenth time in the past 5 years.. that was Whiz level play design used at the perfect time… you got to call those kind of plays when it actually causes the d to flux. You show a formation and get a play out of it, then line up in a formation that causes the d to set in something that wouldn’t work against that first formation, then motion back into it… they recognized it and panic move trying to cover it, and you get a dirty conversation in the meyhem..

Its just usually more subtle chaos in the d lol

Game ball for Tomlin getting rid of Canada and it showed Sunday. More aggressive, more call called for the situation on the field, players seemed intergenic open the sidelines.
Steeler defense that actually stopped the running game.
Najee the effort and yardage because of the effort.
Only Goat D Johnson something missing with his head.

There you go again pimping and excusing DJ's shortcomings Stryker.. ;)

It was a drop...I know by rule and replay that might of been ruled otherwise..... but when you have the ball secure and in the end zone.....you need to take that ball in your hands all the way back to the bench to celebrate............ without it touching the ground!

The catch on the sideline was a better pass than catch IMHO...

However not to be a Dontae "downer"...his fingertip grab across the middle of the field for a very important 1st down was his best play of the day.

Dontae can be a much better player and add more value to the team if he gets his head together,,....but with the continued "coddling" and excuse making that seems to be happening with him, he will never reach his full potential personally or provide the most added value to his team...

Watching the fumble roll around on the ground because he was feeling bad for himself and angry like a child.......was inexcusable and unacceptable at every level for a professional athlete.
Wasn't a drop. It was a PD Pass Defensed by the defender punching the ball out. It was a catch before that if ruled correctly. 3 feet in is a catch and there is no fumble in the EZ because you can't dislodge a TD after possession.

Wasn't a drop. It was a PD Pass Defensed by the defender punching the ball out. It was a catch before that if ruled correctly. 3 feet in is a catch and there is no fumble in the EZ because you can't dislodge a TD after possession.
fair enough..

If it was Hines Ward I would consider it a PD...But DJ doesn't get off the hook and earn the benefit of the doubt with me...

Once he changes his mindset, stops being distruptive, and gives total effort regardless of the situation......then I will give him a PD. :)

We've got a couple things wrong here:

DJ caught the TD, he didn't drop it. 3 steps in is a TD, and the FU is on Tomlin for 1) not throwing a flag and 2) not having someone in a box, who's job it is to see those replays. I saw it real time and was screaming for a challenge. FU to the Refs for missing an easy TD call and let the replay review sort it out...

DJ also had an amazing catch on the sideline that everyone seemed to forget. Does it give him a pass for his Football IQ being in the ******* on the fumble? No, but I found it very odd, with all of the things to break down in this game, the TV crew chose to tear down our top WR, which I found to be very unprofessional.
DJ caught the ball, but he didn't hold on to it. If he had maintained possession though the end of the play, then there would be no debate. But I agree, Tomlin f*cked up yet another challenge situation.

When a player does stupid shlt during the game, I commend the announcers for calling him out on it. What's unprofessional about that?
FU to Danny Farmer, **** idea to go squib kick after the first FG, giving the Bengals the ball at midfield, so they could Gump their way to a TD. Then we get a guy off the PS to hold at the LOS on a punt return that took us to midfield, only to start at the 20. That crap needs cleaned up.

FU to tipped balls landing in Jamar Chase's hands...
Danny Farmer?

DJ caught the ball, but he didn't hold on to it. If he had maintained possession though the end of the play, then there would be no debate. But I agree, Tomlin f*cked up yet another challenge situation.

When a player does stupid shlt during the game, I commend the announcers for calling him out on it. What's unprofessional about that?

Danny Farmer?
Decent hands
No wiggle