• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

Yes, dickwad, my name is @bermudasteel or as others affectionately dub me as "Berm".

This post, smells like Bob and wreaks of Cooch-like scenarios and promises.

How about this...

Accept the fact that Kenny played his best game of the season, yesterday, and the future looks better for the entire team (well, maybe not DJ if he keeps that lackadaisical effort up on the field).

And now, bye Felicia, as you have requested above...

I use a lower case "b"

Salute the nation

On the overthrow when he dove and got hurt he wasn't running full speed. It was a combination of not going full speed and hand fighting with the defender. You could see him try to turn on the jets late to no avail. On the slant, I'm speculating he wasn't running hard because he usually doesn't on all routes. I think that's one reason he doesn't get more targets. If he was going full speed, then I'll admit I'm wrong on that one.
Spot in.

Gonna have me a sammich. Pastrami on rye with sour krout and this "special sauce" the sammich shop around the corner makes itself (shhhh, I think it's just dijon mustard, horseradish and some spices). They give you fresh made chips and a dill pickle on the side. YUM!
It's only missing a BJ

We've got a couple things wrong here:

DJ caught the TD, he didn't drop it. 3 steps in is a TD, and the FU is on Tomlin for 1) not throwing a flag and 2) not having someone in a box, who's job it is to see those replays. I saw it real time and was screaming for a challenge. FU to the Refs for missing an easy TD call and let the replay review sort it out...

DJ also had an amazing catch on the sideline that everyone seemed to forget. Does it give him a pass for his Football IQ being in the ******* on the fumble? No, but I found it very odd, with all of the things to break down in this game, the TV crew chose to tear down our top WR, which I found to be very unprofessional.

FU to Danny Farmer, **** idea to go squib kick after the first FG, giving the Bengals the ball at midfield, so they could Gump their way to a TD. Then we get a guy off the PS to hold at the LOS on a punt return that took us to midfield, only to start at the 20. That crap needs cleaned up.

FU to tipped balls landing in Jamar Chase's hands...
There you go again pimping and excusing DJ's shortcomings Stryker.. ;)

It was a drop...I know by rule and replay that might of been ruled otherwise..... but when you have the ball secure and in the end zone.....you need to take that ball in your hands all the way back to the bench to celebrate............ without it touching the ground!

The catch on the sideline was a better pass than catch IMHO...

However not to be a Dontae "downer"...his fingertip grab across the middle of the field for a very important 1st down was his best play of the day.

Dontae can be a much better player and add more value to the team if he gets his head together,,....but with the continued "coddling" and excuse making that seems to be happening with him, he will never reach his full potential personally or provide the most added value to his team...

Watching the fumble roll around on the ground because he was feeling bad for himself and angry like a child.......was inexcusable and unacceptable at every level for a professional athlete.

So that would be a no, kick sand you egotistical *** you think you’re something special because you have no life and post here thousands of times, your football acumen fits inside a thimble
Why is posters always go to that having no life crap. We all talk on this message board and none of us outside of a few friends know each other's life outside of the board.

Why is posters always go to that having no life crap. We all talk on this message board and none of us outside of a few friends know each other's life outside of the board.
I enjoy reading @Avoid_Lloyd posts because his grammatical errors are amusing. Doesn't know when or where to use a comma or a period.

Guess what??? It's lunchtime!!!

Usually, the ones who spend the most time calling others egotistical, pompous (I like that one), etc. etc. are deflecting. As for the "no life" crap. Some folks lurk and don't post. They're here as much as anyone else ... they just don't post as much. Of those, some get a little "ICS" (Irritable Crotch Syndrome) when they do post and not everyone is willing to either pat them on the back for their "intelligent, well thought out, 'Gee, that's the best post we've ever seen'" post. Lord help us if they actually are contradicted. These types turn into raging douche bags. I blame it on the ICS.

bermudasteel has slung insults at me for 2 days for daring to say Pickett is not the guy, I’d say that’s someone with some issues or way too much time on his hands, his bloated ego is oozing everywhere in this thread and he’s the one who stooped to “you haven’t been here as long as me, sit down and learn something” but yeah I’m the bad guy who can’t spell or doesn’t have reading comprehension

This could have been over at 5pm yesterday but if you’re going to keep talking smack and referencing me I’ll keep responding.

My crime: saying Pickett is not a franchise level QB and his results show it, then defending myself from insults, go back and read the whole thread since you have so much time on your hands

You guys just can’t stand a dissenting opinion and want to stick your head in the sand on Pickett

This could have been over at 5pm yesterday but if you’re going to keep talking smack and referencing me I’ll keep responding.

My crime: saying Pickett is not a franchise level QB and his results show it, then defending myself from insults, go back and read the whole thread since you have so much time on your hands

You guys just can’t stand a dissenting opinion and want to stick your head in the sand on Pickett
I'm not sure there is a single person that ever thought Pickett would be a "franchise" QB in the mold of Big Ben, Mahomes, Allen, etc. Anyone who watched Pickett at Pitt also would've known that he would need at least three years to develop. I had major concerns with his lack of progression, well, regression this season and flat out missing throws that should be made. His weaknesses entering the NFL had been glaring. Sunday was the first time in his career that he played a complete game and was more along the lines of what I expected to see by this point when he was drafted. We need more of that type of consistency and if he continues to play at this type of level the rest of the regular season, this team has a chance to win a playoff game.

Usually, the ones who spend the most time calling others egotistical, pompous (I like that one), etc. etc. are deflecting. As for the "no life" crap. Some folks lurk and don't post. They're here as much as anyone else ... they just don't post as much. Of those, some get a little "ICS" (Irritable Crotch Syndrome) when they do post and not everyone is willing to either pat them on the back for their "intelligent, well thought out, 'Gee, that's the best post we've ever seen'" post. Lord help us if they actually are contradicted. These types turn into raging douche bags. I blame it on the ICS.
**** a few pimp theirselves out hard. They either have the best draft boards, are far football intelligent than Joe blow, or would do a better job if only they were hired for said position. Constantly knocking others down to pump themselves up. Then snowflake when you call them out on their constant crap. Their agenda is more important than a win.

In life when you are constantly knocking down others questioning their intelligence, it really means you aren't about sh!t. I am not just talking about the occasional e-beef. That will happen. But a few people just are insufferable agenda filled twatwaffles.

bermudasteel has slung insults at me for 2 days for daring to say Pickett is not the guy, I’d say that’s someone with some issues or way too much time on his hands, his bloated ego is oozing everywhere in this thread and he’s the one who stooped to “you haven’t been here as long as me, sit down and learn something” but yeah I’m the bad guy who can’t spell or doesn’t have reading comprehension
You yourself admitted to slinging out insults. If you don't care for a posters attitude that doesn't mean he has no life outside of the board. You could not care for someone here and meet them and think they were great or vice versa.

I have seen plenty of your posts and yesterday you seemed triggered after a solid win. Not sure why you don't think some fans will challenge that with how you were presenting yourself.

**** many of us where concerned with something predraft about Kenny. For me it was his extra college year that finally produced.

But he is still very much a wait and see. The majority feel this way.

You yourself admitted to slinging out insults. If you don't care for a posters attitude that doesn't mean he has no life outside of the board. You could not care for someone here and meet them and think they were great or vice versa.

I have seen plenty of your posts and yesterday you seemed triggered after a solid win. Not sure why you don't think some fans will challenge that with how you were presenting yourself.

**** many of us where concerned with something predraft about Kenny. For me it was his extra college year that finally produced.

But he is still very much a wait and see. The majority feel this way.

There’s a big difference between challenging someone and being a ******

I’m sure all the masters of the English language and grammar around here can appreciate that. Yes I’d had about enough at 5pm of the personal insults after simply stating my opinion and fired back

you can eat crow or eat **** I don't care

To be fair, Coolie, you are the culinary expert on the taste of both.

FU to Danny Farmer, **** idea to go squib kick after the first FG, giving the Bengals the ball at midfield, so they could Gump their way to a TD.

I never saw a replay of the kickoff. I might tee it up for a look tonight. I seriously believe Boz slipped on the kickoff, resulting in the line drive to the return guy with a ton of room to run. Seriously, have you EVER seen Boz just hit some low line drive on a kickoff before?!?

There’s a big difference between challenging someone and being a ******

I’m sure all the masters of the English language and grammar around here can appreciate that. Yes I’d had about enough at 5pm of the personal insults after simply stating my opinion and fired back
You can't play victim if you are throwing out insults yourself. That is two people going at each other. You came across as a troll yesterday those types of people will get cattle poked.

Again your approach wasn't going to gain you favor. It would be better received off an embarrassing loss.

One good thing about the Diontae situation in regards to the fumble. He's hearing about it from all angles. Former WRs, former GMs, former coaches, media ... they are all blasting his *** for lack of effort. And deservedly so. Hopefully it kindles some effort and consistency out of his ***.

One good thing about the Diontae situation in regards to the fumble. He's hearing about it from all angles. Former WRs, former GMs, former coaches, media ... they are all blasting his *** for lack of effort. And deservedly so. Hopefully it kindles some effort and consistency out of his ***.
Good I am glad they are. More importantly the other Steelers receivers can have something to think about as well. As some of that bad route concepts could have been lackluster route running as well.

You can't play victim if you are throwing out insults yourself. That is two people going at each other. You came across as a troll yesterday those types of people will get cattle poked.

Again your approach wasn't going to gain you favor. It would be better received off an embarrassing loss.
Uh oh...hopefully not by the RED HOT POKER. I've heard stories about that thing. 😬

How can anyone expect a franchise QB from a draft pick 21 other teams passed on? Those were not the KP expectations any fan should have.

Normally a franchise QB is a guy that costs several 1st round picks to get, we took a chance on a kid with a decent floor and clearly limited ceiling, yet that could be enough if he keeps working on his craft

How can anyone expect a franchise QB from a draft pick 21 other teams passed on? Those were not the KP expectations any fan should have.

Normally a franchise QB is a guy that costs several 1st round picks to get, we took a chance on a kid with a decent floor and clearly limited ceiling, yet that could be enough if he keeps working on his craft

I disagree, if you pick a QB in the first round you expect him to be a franchise guy, if he’s got a limited ceiling as you say he has no business being picked in round 1, even late in round 1.

As much as I don’t think Pickett is that guy, I’m guessing he would disagree on your take on him and what his expectations should be. He has been a stand up guy on needing to be better, he deserves credit for that