• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.........week 13 @ Bungles.....

You go look in the mirror, you’re the one who tells people to leave if they dare criticize this teams play in a game thread when they’re getting blown out

I’ve debated people like you and Berm or whatever he wants to be called, you’ve slung the insults
As I said we all get heated and emotional in the gameday thread. What happens there is supposed to stay there. Brothers fight but we make up and get past it. I have absolutely said stupid things during a game and also owned up to them. You can't seem to do that and just move on. you double down on the ****.

I disagree, if you pick a QB in the first round you expect him to be a franchise guy, if he’s got a limited ceiling as you say he has no business being picked in round 1, even late in round 1.

As much as I don’t think Pickett is that guy, I’m guessing he would disagree on your take on him and what his expectations should be. He has been a stand up guy on needing to be better, he deserves credit for that
Of course he should disagree, else he doesn't have any business wearing that uniform. But of course I'm not him or his mom.

Did I want them to pick him there? No.
Can he become a good enough QB to take us to another SB? Yet to be seen.
Should I call him a bust already? No way.

I disagree, if you pick a QB in the first round you expect him to be a franchise guy, if he’s got a limited ceiling as you say he has no business being picked in round 1, even late in round 1.

As much as I don’t think Pickett is that guy, I’m guessing he would disagree on your take on him and what his expectations should be. He has been a stand up guy on needing to be better, he deserves credit for that
I disagree with this. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are going top 5. After this you could possibly see Box Nix, Jayden Daniels, and Michael Penix also go in the first round. Williams and Maye have the traits expected from a "franchise" QB. The other three all have some strong positives, but negative parts of their game that will limit their upside in the NFL. Maybe GMs fool themselves into thinking they're getting the next Peyton Manning, but I'd assume most are realistic with their expectations.

The KP haters (just as the Najee haters) are a hilarious bunch. It's hilarious watching them as they obviously appear to hope KP fails. He hadn't played a full season and they were calling him a bust as they are now. I can just see them at their house doing witchcraft or rubbing Buddah's belly in hopes he has a bad game. I will take the other road and hope he does well. I still give him the benefit of the doubt as you should any player entering the NFL. If they don't have it after 3 years, they probably won't. I will go back to my Allen example. The people on here would have been crying the same tune with Allen for 2 years until he found a good coach in the offseason and now he is one of the best QB's in the league. As I've said multiple times in the past, I will give KP through next year under a new OC and new O coaching staff. If he doesn't have it by then, the Steelers will need to look for a new starting QB. I'm not sure where they will get one as they will be picking too far back in the draft if they keep playing 500 ball or above.

When you say” you expect him to be the franchise guy”. I would really change the world expect to hope.
I don’t have the time or am far too lazy to lookup all the QB’s selected in the first round in the last 15 or so years.
But I would except the percentage of QB’s as “franchise guys “ is quite low.
It’s a crapshoot.

I really don’t get the anger at taking a chance on drafting Picket. We needed a QB. Most important position. Sure, I would have made sure my Oline was in place. But you certainly can’t blame the Steelers for taking a chance.
And the book sure isn’t closed on Kenny yet.
26 years old.

When you say” you expect him to be the franchise guy”. I would really change the world expect to hope.
I don’t have the time or am far too lazy to lookup all the QB’s selected in the first round in the last 15 or so years.
But I would except the percentage of QB’s as “franchise guys “ is quite low.
It’s a crapshoot.

I really don’t get the anger at taking a chance on drafting Picket. We needed a QB. Most important position. Sure, I would have made sure my Oline was in place. But you certainly can’t blame the Steelers for taking a chance.
And the book sure isn’t closed on Kenny yet.
26 years old.
No way were the Steelers naive in thinking Kenny was a lock to be a franchise QB . They had to know where he was drafted he was a roll of the dice. As they all are in general but low 1 isn't your typical prospect as with so few franchise QBs available. They are hoping they get lucky liking some of his intangibles. They knew he had one good year, that didn't happen until his 4th year.

Definitely not buying they were locked into thinking this guy will be a franchise QB. Not with his concerns. Happy feet, drifting into pressure, small hands, wears gloves all the time, not the desired production outside of that one season.

Definitely not buying that possible....

Last edited:
No way were the Steelers naive in thinking Kenny was a lock to be a franchise QB . They had to know where he was drafted he was a roll of the dice. As they all are in general but low one isn't your typical prospect as with so few franchise QBs available. They are hoping they get lucky liking some me of his intangibles. They knew he had one good year, that didn't happen until his 4th year.

Definitely not buying they were locked into thinking this guy will be a franchise QB. Not with his concerns. Happy feet, drifting into pressure, small hands, wears gloves all the time, not the desired production outside of that one season.

Definitely not buying that possible....
Kenny himself said we’re going to win a superbowl soon when he was drafted, and he didn’t need to make a prediction like that

I think you can agree this wasn’t a great roster when he got here, so I’d argue it would take a franchise level QB to elevate this team to a Super Bowl

I’ve got nothing against Pickett, seems like a great guy, but you guys scramble to make excuses for him and lower the bar for him, contrary to the standard he is setting for himself

yes drafting a QB is a crapshoot but I don’t think they would or should draft him at 1/21 if they didn’t think he could lead them to championships and not be a Trent Dilfer type

yes drafting a QB is a crapshoot but I don’t think they would or should draft him at 1/21 if they didn’t think he could lead them to championships and not be a Trent Dilfer type
You're moving the goal posts now. A QB can lead a team to a championship but not be a franchise QB in the traditional description of one.

Kenny himself said we’re going to win a superbowl soon when he was drafted, and he didn’t need to make a prediction like that

I think you can agree this wasn’t a great roster when he got here, so I’d argue it would take a franchise level QB to elevate this team to a Super Bowl

I’ve got nothing against Pickett, seems like a great guy, but you guys scramble to make excuses for him and lower the bar for him, contrary to the standard he is setting for himself
:ROFLMAO: What would you expect any player to say? "Well, I'm hoping to uphold the tradition with another non-losing season." Really, you're going to hold that against him?

We can second guess past drafts forever, just ask Cooch. Kenny may not be the guy, then again maybe he is and they'll have a better read on him before his 5th year option. No player is a guaranteed success when transitioning from college, that includes Williams and Maye. Unless the Steelers have a complete collapse in the near future they won't be drafting in the top 5 unless they trade away a lot of capital.

Last edited:
You're moving the goal posts now. A QB can lead a team to a championship but not be a franchise QB in the traditional description of one.
Here are the QB’s in the last 5 super bowls: Mahomes, Hurts, Stafford, Burrow, Brady, Mahomes, Mahomes, Garropollo, Goff, Brady

All of them played at a franchise QB level during those runs to the super bowl, I’ll grant some of them were not always at that level their whole careers. You’d better have a loaded roster to go with Dilfer or his ilk, and you don’t draft someone in round 1 who you don’t believe can play at that level consistently

I don't think it is excuses. It is always just a plus and minus list. Which is a fair way to evaluate. All rookies have their plus and minuses.

As far as the roster for me it isn't the players as it is a coaching question mark. I also won't be saying this is a SB caliber roster. They have two ok to good WRs, one solid corner, 1 great pass rusher maybe two or one and one very good one,a great FS, and DE. Some promising other supporting cast. One promising T, two solid Gs. One middle of the pack C who is better at run blocking than pass protection. One good/solid TE that has been injured more than I would like.

They need a top tier WR, a upgrade at C, an upgrade a their number 2 corner. Possible QB competition. Wouldn't hurt to shuffle out Mitch and Rudy and safeguard the position with another development type QB. A RT and in the process move Broderick to LT.

So not sure it is a SB roster either.

Damn sure have to have better than what we saw from Kenny leading up to Cincinnati. I won't pretend he played good enough as I won't pretend he didn't have moments of nice 4th quarter play. I also won't pretend that a difference was seen once Canada wasn't tossed out the door.

Really most of us in regards to Kenny have been fair listing his not so goods. From happy feet, drifting into pressure, to a decline in accuracy. Some of it was on him, some wasn't. That is my take I don't run from it or blink obviously.

You will barely ever see me not see both sides of a fence. Most posters here meet that criteria as well.

Here are the QB’s in the last 5 super bowls: Mahomes, Hurts, Stafford, Burrow, Brady, Mahomes, Mahomes, Garropollo, Goff, Brady

All of them played at a franchise QB level during those runs, I’ll grant some of them were not always at that level. You’d better have a loaded roster to go with Dilfer or his ilk, and you don’t draft someone in round 1 who can’t play that level consistently
I look at a franchise QB as a QB who will elevate the talent around him and overcome glaring weaknesses on a team. Brady, Mahomes, Burrow can all win with all kinds of different talent, schemes, etc. Hurts feels like he's approaching that category. Stafford is borderline, but has never really been able to overcome his rosters. I don't put Goff or Jimmy G. in that category.

All I know is after reading this thread I no longer have any idea what a franchise QB is.

Also, we apparently drafted Andy Dalton knowing he could turn out be Trent Dilfer.
He also might be Kirk Cousins, the UPS delivery man , or Barney Rubble. It's a yabba dabba doo time...

The KP haters (just as the Najee haters) are a hilarious bunch. It's hilarious watching them as they obviously appear to hope KP fails. He hadn't played a full season and they were calling him a bust as they are now. I can just see them at their house doing witchcraft or rubbing Buddah's belly in hopes he has a bad game. I will take the other road and hope he does well. I still give him the benefit of the doubt as you should any player entering the NFL. If they don't have it after 3 years, they probably won't. I will go back to my Allen example. The people on here would have been crying the same tune with Allen for 2 years until he found a good coach in the offseason and now he is one of the best QB's in the league. As I've said multiple times in the past, I will give KP through next year under a new OC and new O coaching staff. If he doesn't have it by then, the Steelers will need to look for a new starting QB. I'm not sure where they will get one as they will be picking too far back in the draft if they keep playing 500 ball or above.

I hear yaz TDX27, some here wish for failure just so they can be right.

I want every player and every coach to succeed, above their / our expectations because if they succeed, our BELOVED team will succeed, right or wrong.

Salute the nation

PS,

TDX27, great post and thanks for all the good ones along the way.

Salute the nation

Dude, you are so full of yourself. You have spent the whole thread degrading Pickett on the back of his best game of the year, days after the OC was fired.

"I’ve got nothing against Pickett"

Right.

And cut the sanctimonious bs about the Pickett cult here. We are Steeler fans happy to see the Steeler QB do better for one game.

Dude, you are so full of yourself. You have spent the whole thread degrading Pickett on the back of his best game of the year, days after the OC was fired.

"I’ve got nothing against Pickett"

Right.

And cut the sanctimonious bs about the Pickett cult here. We are Steeler fans happy to see the Steeler QB do better for one game.

Show me anything I’ve said that’s out of line or degrading about him.

You can’t stand anyone criticizing him or pointing out he hasn’t been good for a full calendar year (27th overall in the league this year, even after last week in QBR)-facts aren’t degrading

His best game of the year wielded 16 points and 0 touchdown passes, that says something whether you like it or not

you’re full of yourself if you can’t engage in a discussion with someone you don’t agree with without slinging insults

JT weighs in on "my man", Diontae-nay-nay... a couple a times.

Thinks Pickett could be better with rippin it earlier to get some better accuracy.