• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...................week 14..................vs Ratbirds!

"We just need to execute better, above the line, blink and I cut off your eyelids because the plan is not working so you stick with the plan because if it ain't broke don't fix it and if it's broke then break it again and all that."
- Name that Coach
We don’t live in our fears. Unless those fears are losing, then yes we live in them. But not other fears, like giving up 200 plus yards on Def, or giving the other team the ball when we’re are in the RZ. We don’t fear those things. Obviously

This was an exasperating game. Why the ******* **** fuckity **** ******* **** ****-a-luck ******* fuckity ****-**** would the defense not put the entire ******* defense in the box and challenge ... whatever ******* lame-**** guy of the street QBing the Ravens to beat them?????????????????????????????????????
That my friend boggles my mind. It made absolutely no sense at all. You know doing what every team they've played the last 3 years does to them. Stack the line. It's just idiotic they leave these massive gaps all over because they refuse to change.

One thing that we don't need is another defensive lineman who can rush the passer but is weak against the run.

My last two mock drafts had me taking Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith. Put one of those guys at the 0, Heyward and Leal at DE, TJ and Highsmith at OLB, upgrade Bush's spot and this **** stops.

Immediately.

I am starting to think we are not going to win the division as easy as expected

So you're living in your fears?

if WJackson had started we probs win by dbl digits. Did you see him in college? wonder if he will go into the hall as a Steeler?

Pickens is clearly the best WR on the team yet they hardly go to him.

The game is on Mitch. He threw the 3 picks. The run defense also wasn’t great either.

Silver lining- I liked the aggressiveness in the offense. We need to see more of it, but the ball needs to be taken care of period. I’m presuming we may see a Mitch/Mason show next week against the Panthers.

This was an exasperating game. Why the ******* **** fuckity **** ******* **** ****-a-luck ******* fuckity ****-**** would the defense not put the entire ******* defense in the box and challenge ... whatever ******* lame-**** guy of the street QBing the Ravens to beat them?????????????????????????????????????

That stat line looks like Mitch got a little payback for Tomlin benching him earlier this year.
What, his three interceptions?
My last two mock drafts had me taking Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith. Put one of those guys at the 0, Heyward and Leal at DE, TJ and Highsmith at OLB, upgrade Bush's spot and this **** stops.
Exactly, the Steelers don't need a guy like Hargrave.

Week in and out Chico delivers quality assessment that I almost completely agree with. It would be nice if one of the major Pittsburgh media picked it up and I mean that sincerely. It's really good football analysis. Now obviously they wouldn't let you speak the real truth but....

Week in and out Chico delivers quality assessment that I almost completely agree with. It would be nice if one of the major Pittsburgh media picked it up and I mean that sincerely. It's really good football analysis. Now obviously they wouldn't let you speak the real truth but....
Get a room.

😬

Get a room.

😬
That aside. I rewatched the final sequence of the game. Cause sometimes in my rage I don't really remember as they are. So on First and Ten in a situation where there is literally not a ****** chance in hell they are throwing and a First Down might as well be TD. Bush and Jack are five yards off the ball acting like it's first and ten in the First quarter. They gave them 6. Second down the Nose makes a good play limits it to one. Third and three. They bring up Spillane on the all important 3rd down which again they are conceding they are not going to throw. But he literally blitzes C. Sort of. Which basically left B wide open about as easy as it gets. Now I guess that could have been Spillane but. Still. See I don't view Trubisky's errors in real time thevsame as that bullshit where you have time to think. Yeah let's play it base here cause we don't want to give up a TD. Like WTF. I don't know what happens when these clowns run film but I'd truly love to see that.

Reporter asked did younfeel they were going to have to run that they wouldn't pass in that situation.
Tomlin: I think everyone in the building knew that. Really. Is that how it was called when you look back at it?

"Does he have nudes of Tomlin showering with Canada?"

My wife nearly fell off the cuch when I read this to her.

"We just need to execute better, above the line, blink and I cut off your eyelids because the plan is not working so you stick with the plan because if it ain't broke don't fix it and if it's broke then break it again and all that."
- Name that Coach
Shemp?

That aside. I rewatched the final sequence of the game. Cause sometimes in my rage I don't really remember as they are. So on First and Ten in a situation where there is literally not a ****** chance in hell they are throwing and a First Down might as well be TD. Bush and Jack are five yards off the ball acting like it's first and ten in the First quarter. They gave them 6. Second down the Nose makes a good play limits it to one. Third and three. They bring up Spillane on the all important 3rd down which again they are conceding they are not going to throw. But he literally blitzes C. Sort of. Which basically left B wide open about as easy as it gets. Now I guess that could have been Spillane but. Still. See I don't view Trubisky's errors in real time thevsame as that bullshit where you have time to think. Yeah let's play it base here cause we don't want to give up a TD. Like WTF. I don't know what happens when these clowns run film but I'd truly love to see that.
It's like watching my son's high school defense sometimes. I mean scheme-wise. So frustrating.

The OC continues to go away from the run in the second half of games. There was no reason to get so pass happy in the 3rd quarter and the first part of the 4th. The Rats were in striking distance.
I wouldn't say that the OC went away from the run in the second half -- they just had no success with it. Take out the two QB scrambles, and they ran it 18 times for 49 yards, 2.7 YPA. With a long carry of eight yards.

First half: 3, 3, 5, 1, 1, 1, 7, 8, 1, 1, 3, 2
Second half: 0, 4, 1, -1, 1, 8

The run sucked. All day.

And when he does run, it's run, run, pass. No variety or adaptation to his play calling.
After two nice scrambles out of Pickett on passing plays, Canada started up with the run-run-pass-punt sequences twice, on the first two possessions of the game, and it didn't work, of course. Just stupid.

As far as the rest of the game, once again it boils down to turnovers. The Steelers were minus-3, and lost the game by 2 points. That's one area that KP had improved upon greatly in the last few weeks, and that's why the Steelers won some games. I thought Mitch played pretty well, except for the turnovers. But that's a HUGE exception. He's the #1 game goat and the main reason they lost. You can't give the ball away 3 times like that and expect to win, even against backup quarterbacks. The Steelers just aren't good enough to overcome it.

1. We gave Harvin every chance… he hasn’t developed and he needs to hit the door
2. And Bubbles should be right behind him
3. The run d’s issues is the scheme.. that being said why in the **** were we not trying to stop the run against a ****** passing team? Austin is just another yes man running a ****** tomlin scheme…
4. Tomlin virtually admitted that they know coach crybaby runs off of primarily analytic driven data, but then true to form we run in the same scenarios and pass in the same scenarios… maybe Tomlin needs an analytic guy or two too… to tell him to quit playing predictable vs tgat team…

5. Mitch trabisky threw caution to the wind and forced stuff and got burned… that’s horrible for Kenny Pickett and all future qbs under tomlin cause it probably reinforces Tomlins apparent theory that we should never ever take chances until the end of the game… there is a happy medium..

Also thats why we suck in the red zone… we don’t take any chances.. we play for 3…. We are stupid ********…

TJWatt should have been shut down for the season… he ain’t healthy and we are risking his long term health playing him like this

Why, exactly is alualu still playing? … he hasn’t been good and we have younger guys that need a look before we invest in that middle in the draft

If we don’t take an olineman in the first two picks, I will happily join anyone who wants to physically do a protest down southside..( assuming we drink afterwards lol)

Pickett leaving the game probably was a panic move because he might have shown a concussion symptom and everyone is still on pins and needles after the Tua thing… I wouldn’t read too much into it just yet…

Didn't see the game today but saw the Pickett headline. This **** is destroying the Franchise Quarterback.

Kid's awesome. A real talent. What does the Steelers Nation do? Media and most of the fan-base cry and scream and pitch an epic f*cking fit for Trubidor to be benched and for the Rook to play right now. The dickless coaching staff and Rooney give in and do just that. Offensive coordinator does not adapt the scheme and hangs the kid's *** out to dry.

Just as i have warned about in several posts and feared. Two (2) concussions this year already. Rookie year.
Once in a generation talent. ---> #TomliCanadagrinder

Mitch had a good game overall and was the reason why this offense moved the ball at all today. He pushed the ball downfield which is tough to do with this very limited scheme. First INT was not his fault. Second was his fault but was a great play by the LB.

Third INT was his fault too but it seemed to be a pre-determined deep shot. Problem is the play was stupid. It was a play action that the ravens had no reason to respect, so they didn't. The safety was able to stay deep and help.

I see people giving the defense a pass. Why? Oh because the ravens only scored 16 and it was the steeler offense that should have scored more. Well, the ravens D was in that same boat. The difference is they blocked a FG and had 3 INTs. In other words, they actually made plays. No, the steeler defense was not good today. Just because the raven offense struggled without their QB does not equate to a good performance.

Devin Bush is a bum. How insane is it that they choose to play Spillane in pass situations? Bush is small. We knew that when we drafted him. Nobody expected him to be Levon Kirkland out there, but he dame sure could have been James Farrior, a smart, athletic player who made tons of plays. But no, Bush is not a football player, he's just a guy who runs fast. Makes you wish he was as good as Larry Foote. At least he was in the right place.

Myles Jack is just a guy. He's Larry Foote. Not bad so long as we get a good LB to play with him in tandem.

Dionte Johnson is NOT a deep threat. Stop trying to make that a thing. Yeah, he's fast enough and he can get open but he doesn't track the ball well and doesn't know how to box out to win contested balls.

George Pickens is a deep threat. You can see that it's natural for him and if you get the ball near him, it's his. Why are they trying to re-invent the wheel with him?

The bright spot of this loss is it pokes a hole in the notion that this OL and the run game and the offense in general is pointing up. It's not. They just had a stretch of bad opponents. The Ravens defense didn't fall for any stupid tricks and is too big to be moved by the steelers mediocre talents.

Once the run game is in check, the pass game has no shot because it only works if the defense is worried about the run.

Here's what i want for the rest of the season. I want the steelers to come away with honest evaluations of their problems. It's crazy that with so much money spent on defense, they have so many needs. They need a top CB. No more spare parts. The OL is NOT fixed. Canada is over his head and needs to go. Be open to the possibility that Warren is better than Najee.

Why we didn't sell out to STOP the run is mind-boggling to me. As you stated. A first down might as well be a TD. We needed a stop there. I wonder who called the defensive there. And obviously, Tomlin was on board with it. Crazy.

Someone in the game thread said this will go down as one of those Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda games.....and they couldn't have been more right about the outcome of this one. I know Pickett went down early...I didn't see the sack until a replay at halftime where I saw his head fall back and smack the field turf....yup it didn't look bad initially but it was worse than what they showed on TV. Hopefully he can return next week so we can continue to get him reps the rest of the season. The offense wasn't terrible this game but the man at QB couldn't have been much worse. Trubisky struggled all day with poor decision making and showing hesitancy to throw the football which led to 3 INTERCEPTIONS all 3 turnovers in the Endzone or Redzone essentially killing 3 drives and taking a potential 9 points off the Steelers scoreboard. Sorry Mitch supporters he was absolutely the reason the Steelers lost this game. I thought the Steelers play calling should have spread out the Ravens Defense a bit more today......not sure what Canada was thinking but then again he's just not a good OC.

As for the Steelers Defense today they had no answers and John Harbaugh completely outcoached Mike Tomlin and Teryl Austin in this game. On their 2nd drive the Rats started to use their FB Ricard in motion to the left or right matching him up on Highsmith or Watt and taking one of them out of the play.....preventing backside pursuit running away from him or running it right at them behind the blocking of Ricard. The Rats continued to use Ricard as the lead blocker even more effectively up the middle getting blocks on Myles Jack & Devin Bush on 2 consecutive plays as the Rats scored an easy TD to go up 10-0 first quarter. Tomlin and the Steelers had no solution for Ricard who was a GameWrecker today and we saw it on the Rats final drive of the game as they continued to use Ricard as the lead blocker and Tomlin & Austin has no answer to stop him. They let Ricard repeatedly blow holes open in our Defense throughout the game! Even after Huntley went out with a concussion and they had to use their 3rd strong rookie QB the Steelers couldn't stop a one dimensional offense. I'm telling you right now Teryl Austin is a worse DC than Matt Canada is as an OC. Today the Steelers Defense allowed JK Dobbins 120 yds averaging 8.0 YPC. He had more yardage than both Huntley & Brown combined for passing.

Special teams again was a sore spot for our Steelers again today. Highlighted by a dismal 17 yard punt by Pressley Harvin that gave the Rats the ball on our side of the field and 2 plays later they scored a TD to go up 10. How the hell have they allowed Pressley Harvin to remain the Steelers punter for 2 seasons when he continually under performs is something I will never understand!

Looking ahead to next week I hope that Kenny Pickett can return as the starting QB but if he's still in the protocol my next question is do you turn to Mason Rudolph instead of Trubisky? Mitch was absolutely awful today. Any playoff hopes Steelers fans had today died out there after losing to the Ratbirds. If Kenny can't go do you go with Mitch or Mason? I say if Kenny can't go lets see what Rudolph can do. He can't be any worse than Trubisky was today!

Per Tomlin's Post Gam
Kenny Pickett - Concussion, he's in the protocol
Chris Wormley - Knee Injury that's being evaluated

Game Balls:
George Pickens - 3 rec 78 yds....yes Mr. Pickens...the Steelers just need to throw the ball your way a minimum 10 times per game. 3 targets is just not enough!
Dionte Johnson - 6 rec 82 yds on 8 targets.....I think he did good with the opportunities he had today.
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 11 tackles today....he was all over the field today but when your safety has this many tackles it's never a good sign

Game Goats:
Mitch Trubisky - 22 for 30 276 yds 1 TD 3 INT's - 3 INT's 2 in the redzone and 1 in the endzone...taking a potential 9 points off the scoreboard. He cost us this game!
Pressley Harvin - 17 yd punt today.....Someone tell me why he still has a job? Does he have nudes of Tomlin showering with Canada?
Steelers Defensive Front 7 - Terrible run defense today....220 yds given up....no adjustments Defensively at Halftime to take Ricard out of the run game. He was a big factor they ran for 220 yds.
Kevin Dotson - Would have been nice he could have at least gotten a hand on the guy on the play that led to Pickett getting concussed! He was untouched!

FU's:
Mike Tomlin - Coach T was outcoached today by John Harbaugh! No answers for Ricard just blowing holes in the Steelers run D the entire game right to the last first down run! OBVIOUSLY!
Teryl Austin - No adjustments in the 2nd Half to take Ricard the Rats FB out of the game....Ricard really blew up the Steelers run D the entire game and Tomlin & Austin has no answers for it. He is a worse DC than Matt Canada is an OC. PATHETIC!

Bush was a goat. He got blocked and that was his man in the huge run that lead to points, and blocked in general. His role has been reduced, but a goat he is.

Tape, no one gave the defense a pass. Absolutely no one. They let a nobody third stringer drive the Ravens multiple times in the second half.