• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...................week 14..................vs Ratbirds!

Both of them.
I feel Jack has held up his end of the bargain mostly. Not great but good. When you watch Spillane on the replay of the Third and three he lined up C gap. Either he was out to lunch or they were running a game that someone didn't know. Either way it was a cakewalk for the dagger first down.

I believe they had potential to be better than they showed sure. But that old saying you are what your record says you are is true too. As this team has some unfortunate breaks but still they are a bad team. As the rats showed us what good trench play can do for a team. They address that in the offseason that can give the team enough of a solid base to get back to winning.
I'd say that the Steelers are an average team. They're beating bad opponents, losing to good ones, and getting crushed by great ones. They lost to the Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, and Ravens by a combined 15 points -- all four of those games were very winnable. If they win half of those, they're a 7-6 team, and still in contention for a playoff spot.

But as Levon Kirkland used to say: If ifs were fifths, we'd all be drunk.

man! We could of used ole 99er on that third down run Sunday!
Man I loved watching that guy. When he took on a big power back in the gap you would see a ripple going down his back from the power of the collision. He looked like a giant bear in a fight. God they need that.

I'd say that the Steelers are an average team. They're beating bad opponents, losing to good ones, and getting crushed by great ones. They lost to the Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, and Ravens by a combined 15 points -- all four of those games were very winnable. If they win half of those, they're a 7-6 team, and still in contention for a playoff spot.

But as Levon Kirkland used to say: If ifs were fifths, we'd all be drunk.
I have to remember that saying nice.

Earl Holmes, too.

Loved watching both of them. Hardy Nickerson was short lived here but ………

This Franchise has probably the MOST complete history of LB-ing personel !!!

Salute the nation

Which is WHY when it's 3rd down and the game - and you have ******* for linebackers - why are you not using 5 or hell, even 6 defensive linemen?!!

keep those f*ckers off the 2nd level! if you don't, you literally lose the whole game right there.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is why in my mock drafts (not the ones where I screw around and trade every pick), and I mean in EVERY mock, I get a huge DLman and a legit ILBer who knows how to fill the holes (calm down, Clinton) and stuff the run. My man-crush is aimed at Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith for NT and Noah Sewell, Henry To'oto' or Jack Campbell for ILB.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is why in my mock drafts (not the ones where I screw around and trade every pick), and I mean in EVERY mock, I get a huge DLman and a legit ILBer who knows how to fill the holes (calm down, Clinton) and stuff the run. My man-crush is aimed at Siaki Ika or Mazi Smith for NT and Noah Sewell, Henry To'oto' or Jack Campbell for ILB.
Not sure if the Steelers will knock Mazi down their board, I hope not.

I'm certainly not making excuses for Cool Shades but Shazier I think would have been all pro. Tuitt was pro bowl. They would be almost done but this defense never recovered. Bush could be replaced by a movable speed bump.

BUSH needs to be replace, he has 2 TFL this season, YEP you read that right.

Salute the nation

Salute the nation
I would say it surprises me but it doesn't. And I really have never understood this part. He seems pretty good in coverage.........YET he leaves on third down for Spillane. On run downs he is out there standing like a ****** statue. Now we can sit here talking about how Tomlin is an NFL coach yada yada, but I got eyes and can see. I'd really love to here Tomlin explain that one.

Salute the nation
I'm surprised that Bush has as many as two TFLs. One of the most passive inside linebackers I have ever seen.

I feel Jack has held up his end of the bargain mostly. Not great but good. When you watch Spillane on the replay of the Third and three he lined up C gap. Either he was out to lunch or they were running a game that someone didn't know. Either way it was a cakewalk for the dagger first down.
i mean its so sad the team trots out that ***** Spillane for running situations. jesus.

Meanwhile, Robinson is on THE PRACTICE SQUAD!

Mike Tomlin makes such questionable personnel decisions.
nothing changes until he's gone.

Tomlin likes his yes men. Football players be damned. Robinson hasn't kissed enough @ss yet.

Robinson should get a hat tomorrow due to Miles Jack being out (groin).

Hopefully we see this kid and he opens things up, BUT remember he is only a rookie so don’t over expect.

Salute the nation

What a comeback win for the Vikings.
Best comeback win in regular season history? We were leaving to the gym and I said to ol girl, "the game is over they won't come back from that". (It was halftime)

I remember thinking Cousin has the occasional bad looking game, then later thoughts were how he also has those occasional sweet looking games. Well he decided to lump the two together.

You like that?! I would say yes...we do.