• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Day Menu

Steelmann

Reaction score
Well guys and gals it’s game day. The sun is out with the wind. Just took the pug out on his beach walk on the Wild West coast of Vancouver.
It’s nice to have the afternoon games once in a while here. Bought a Turkey cheap and broke it down. Saved the 2 big drumsticks and smoked them yesterday in the smoker.
Got a big bag of dry pinto beans,have never used dry from scratch thought I would try it out. Talk about delicious. For half of it made my own refried beans. Frigging amazing. Then with the other half ,threw my smoked drumsticks in and made a spicy pinto bean stew in the slow roaster. Been going all night and today. Putting that on 14” tortillas with red pepper paste spinach leaves and fried rice with salsa. The place smells amazing!
Cheers guys.

I made chili ( no beans) yesterday so I'm taking it easy today.
Eggs and BACON for a late lunch and prolly some brats on the grill tonight with some potato salad and maybe some cheese toast.
I'll pair it with a few Belgian beers.

Wife made wings and tots, sitting up at our cabin in the woods waiting for game time.
Where’s your cabin Burgh? I think it’s the one thing missing in my life. A cabin on a nice property with a lake or river. Something I could piddle about on.

Where’s your cabin Burgh? I think it’s the one thing missing in my life. A cabin on a nice property with a lake or river. Something I could piddle about on.
Out between Derry and Blairsville. Old Methodist church camp. Cottages are well over 100 years old and need constant work, but that's part of the charm.

Well guys and gals it’s game day. The sun is out with the wind. Just took the pug out on his beach walk on the Wild West coast of Vancouver.
It’s nice to have the afternoon games once in a while here. Bought a Turkey cheap and broke it down. Saved the 2 big drumsticks and smoked them yesterday in the smoker.
Got a big bag of dry pinto beans,have never used dry from scratch thought I would try it out. Talk about delicious. For half of it made my own refried beans. Frigging amazing. Then with the other half ,threw my smoked drumsticks in and made a spicy pinto bean stew in the slow roaster. Been going all night and today. Putting that on 14” tortillas with red pepper paste spinach leaves and fried rice with salsa. The place smells amazing!
Cheers guys.

And no invites,

Selfish sick bast-ard…………………….

Paul G. And I, Coolie of course, and slash would have all been there, but NOoooooooooooooo

Steelmann, that sounds simply amazing. Good job

Salute the nation

I made a big batch of Bison chili yesterday. Butternut squash instead of beans.... yeah I know

And no invites,

Paul G. And I, Coolie of course, and slash would have all been there, but NOoooooooooooooo

Salute the nation
That American Dollar of yours gets an extra 35%!

And no invites,

Salute the nation
Sorry Drink ......... would have had to pass today ............ just got back from Vineland ( southern Ontario wine country) ... Took my future daughter-in-law and her parents & grandma out for a meet and greet dinner with my wife.. Fettuccine bolognese with whipped ricotta .... assorted charcuterie boards .......... at The Lake House restaurant........... good food

I had a school gathering so ate out prior to the game. Had some spicy beef peppers and rice. Was delish.