• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game thread - rats vs. Good guys Part II incase you don't understand basic calendar skills

Gonna be a beautiful cut striploin,with baked potatoes and green beans. Fried purple onions and mushrooms on the side.Fried Bacon thrown in with the green beans. A nice tossed salad with home made raspberry vinaigrette to start. A simple ,yet great meal.

For all you eastern time zone people pissed off at the start time,us pacific coast fans finally get a game where we can actually eat a meal for the game. Instead of Honey Nut Cheerios or toast! Hope some of you had an afternoon nap. Will be a late night for some of you old farts🙂🙂

All ready to go tonight! Omg pork and kraut! I remember that meal as a little kid on new years and could never get comfortable with sauerkraut.
I’ve been a full fledged southerner now for 43 years and our tradition on new years is black eyed peas made with rotelle tomatoes and the wonderful juice served over cornbread. Now that’s eating.

Dinner, bro. Nice big pot that'll last for 3 days...

Chicken, carrots, celery, potatoes, bow tie pasta and our selection of spices.
Love those type of meals
I got a couple smoked pork hocks for later this week. Will make my moms famous German Linsensoupe .
Which is Lentel soup. The German recipe is a little different,and ******* delicious. I make a huge pot.
I haven’t consistently mastered it yet,but the last couple times it’s been truly magnificent. It really pisses off my sisters that I make it so much better than them. A lot of great cooking comes from your childhood memories of family. I am sure a lot agree.

Berm......I see you don’t partake in the swine. I’ve used this type of soup with smoked turkey drumsticks. And it was great too.

Last edited:
I like the pork chops and pork ribs but could never get past the kraut.

Love those type of meals
I got a couple smoked pork hocks for later this week. Will make my moms famous German Linsensoupe .
Which is Lentel soup. The German recipe is a little different,and ******* delicious. I make a huge pot.
I haven’t consistently mastered it yet,but the last couple times it’s been truly magnificent. It really pisses off my sisters that I make it so much better than them. A lot of great cooking comes from your childhood memories of family. I am sure a lot agree.
Bring that to the SN Dysfunctional Family Reunion