• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gasoline prices

I own a Ford Lightning. Unfortunately mine gets terrible gas mileage. It's supercharged and puts 460HP to the rear wheel on 93 octane.

I feel your pain. I'm at 650. If I stay really calm on the gas peddle and keep in tour mode I can get about 18mpg. If I get on it, it's about 7 mpg. It is what it is. You don't buy them for gas mileage.

Freaking paid 4.09.9 for 93 from Shell yesterday. I was saying **** Joe Biden at the pump.

How come if i plug in an air conditioner, I'm killing the plant but if i plug in a car, I'm saving it?
I wonder the same. They act like electricity comes from outer space and is super cheap regarding cars. What about our fragile electric grids should everybody buy an electric car? Stupid.
I own a Ford Lightning. Unfortunately mine gets terrible gas mileage. It's supercharged and puts 460HP to the rear wheel on 93 octane.
I had a black 2000 model. It was a blast, but I never got to dyno it after all the mods I did to it. Probably similar to yours. Have a 2018 Camaro SS now.
I feel your pain. I'm at 650. If I stay really calm on the gas peddle and keep in tour mode I can get about 18mpg. If I get on it, it's about 7 mpg. It is what it is. You don't buy them for gas mileage.

Freaking paid 4.09.9 for 93 from Shell yesterday. I was saying **** Joe Biden at the pump.
Same. They seem really Hell-bent on destroying us. Let it go to $5 a gallon for regular and see what happens to the economy idiot Joe. Not everyone can work from home.

they want you to have a smart thermostat so they can set your house to 64 in winter and to 80 in summer to save energy. But go plug in your new truck. I guess when everybody is unemployed and getting everything delivered by drones it won’t matter.

Just paid $40 for 10 gallons of non-ethanol fuel... The funny part is that someone put a sticker of Sleepy Joe next to the price window and he says "I did that!"

Joe-Biden-I-did-that-pump-sticker.jpg

Let's go Brandon!! !!!

How come if i plug in an air conditioner, I'm killing the plant but if i plug in a car, I'm saving it?
In the USA plug in electric vehicles account for less than 2%
Canada 3.2%

I went to a debate, then question & answer presentation my Son’s university class put on. After all the chest thumping,environment saving huh rahs were over with by the students and teachers (total softball bullshit) I stood up and asked a few questions. I could see my son roll his eyes as I stood. But I could not take the bullshit anymore.
I was genuinely interested,and hey,doing something good for the planet is not a bad thing.

First comment was,if the government slowly mandates electric cars,will our power grid be able to handle it. You know the answer. Not even close. If overnight there were 50 %........ forget it.

Second comment was.
In the province of B.C. where I live we are in the middle of a new Dam project to create electricity. Largest in history ,costing 16 billion so far. Riddled with of course cost overruns and environmental protests that any and all construction projects of this magnitude will have. How many electrical projects of this magnitude would have to be created around the world if the majority of the cars were electric? And what is the scope of environmental impact generated by these projects,along with battery development/ impact?

Third comment was charging stations.
Of course we notice a few in malls,places here and there. Obviously if a high percentage of cars were electric,the way to go would be charging at your house or place of residence. But we would need a hell of a lot more public charge stations,and many more in apartment complexes.

Crickets to these questions,and these were just a few I had. It’s easy to say,let’s save the planet.....all cars should be electric and pat yourself on the back because you just saved the world. I was embarrassed. And the professors should have been ashamed.

Present the facts truthfully on both sides so people can make an intelligent decision is all I ask.

I have a Raptor. 16 mpg city. love that ******* truck. hate that gas yardage.
when i'm asked what the mpg is, i say it gets 84, 480 feet per gallon.

In the USA plug in electric vehicles account for less than 2%
Canada 3.2%

I went to a debate, then question & answer presentation my Son’s university class put on. After all the chest thumping,environment saving huh rahs were over with by the students and teachers (total softball bullshit) I stood up and asked a few questions. I could see my son roll his eyes as I stood. But I could not take the bullshit anymore.
I was genuinely interested,and hey,doing something good for the planet is not a bad thing.

First comment was,if the government slowly mandates electric cars,will our power grid be able to handle it. You know the answer. Not even close. If overnight there were 50 %........ forget it.

Second comment was.
In the province of B.C. where I live we are in the middle of a new Dam project to create electricity. Largest in history ,costing 16 billion so far. Riddled with of course cost overruns and environmental protests that any and all construction projects of this magnitude will have. How many electrical projects of this magnitude would have to be created around the world if the majority of the cars were electric? And what is the scope of environmental impact generated by these projects,along with battery development/ impact?

Third comment was charging stations.
Of course we notice a few in malls,places here and there. Obviously if a high percentage of cars were electric,the way to go would be charging at your house or place of residence. But we would need a hell of a lot more public charge stations,and many more in apartment complexes.

Crickets to these questions,and these were just a few I had. It’s easy to say,let’s save the planet.....all cars should be electric and pat yourself on the back because you just saved the world. I was embarrassed. And the professors should have been ashamed.

Present the facts truthfully on both sides so people can make an intelligent decision is all I ask.
Awesome questions you asked. I don't mind the idea of electric cars, but the people doing the chest pumping act like it's the ultimate solution. There's no way in hell the power grids can handle everyone having an electric car. So quit raising gasoline prices on us until we get it figured out.

Then, there's the issue of the batteries once they've reached end of life. And they're big. Where does this toxic **** get disposed of? The moon?

Reactions: JMM

I just paid $3.75 for 93. Still said FJB.

The batteries are too big and heavy. They lose power just like your cell phone. Just sitting on the counter all afternoon it loses power. Car will do the same. Cold weathrr...less power. Carrying heavy load, uses power faster. The mpg reported for electric cars does not include these losses.

Again for anyone interested, the power grid will be short around 20% based on estimates around 2028 to 2035 due to planned plant closings… everyone is trying to build wind and solar that is extremely expensive and limited.. they are now trying lithium battery storage… its way inefficient and going to be extremely expensive

If we don’t go to the balanced power plan soon we are going to be paying more for electricity than gas…

Also many, and trust me I mean many of the huge coal plants left in this country have been sold to investment firms looking to bank when it collapses
They spend virtually nothing on them to keep them running so there can be major outages there at any time

Heck this summer the price of power was so high all the coal plants ran out of coal because they weren’t stocked to run high and clean power couldn’t cut it

Say goodbye to half the industrial section if electricity gets erratic or expensive

Say goodbye to half the industrial section if electricity gets erratic or expensive

aliens-game-over-man.gif

Just forget fossil fuels for a moment. Why they're not accepting nuclear as the future is beyond me. Well it's not, but it's a sad state of affairs. Do they honestly just want to watch this country burn? I mean WTF good is it going to do any of them when they have a CWII on their hands?

aliens-game-over-man.gif

Just forget fossil fuels for a moment. Why they're not accepting nuclear as the future is beyond me. Well it's not, but it's a sad state of affairs. Do they honestly just want to watch this country burn? I mean WTF good is it going to do any of them when they have a CWII on their hands?
The plan should be all regulated power in the country

The base grid run off of small safe nukes the new fusion tech will help but even with what we have now…
And natural gas peakers

You can have large clean coal plants on standby for absolute grid stability if you want…. Theyd be paid to be ready to supply power but hardly ever run.. it’s indifferent

And you can have your green power… nothing is wrong with it… it just shouldn’t be totally subsidized… it adds what it adds

The Dems are all in on Green energy because they or their family members will make money. Some of them actually believe it. It's clear now that their plan to force the change is to burn the ships so there's no turning back. They want the coal plants to fail and then give their friends trillions to build wind farms and other **** that doesn;t really work.

As with most things, it won't affect them. The rich areas will probably have a reliable power plant so their house can be cooled to 68 in summer while they're out of town. The working people will have to learn to live with brown outs.

These green projects take up lots of space. They are probably itching to start confiscating properties.

Pakistan alternates power, 4 hour on, 4 hours off.

It coming here under Democrat "leadership ".

No plans for additional reliable power.

Gas prices are still dropping here. $3.05 a gallon. See how long it lasts.

I got a new Ranger 4x4 in April. Turbo 4-banger, manual says at least 87 but for best performance use 91. I get the best mpg with 89, 91 or 93 are no better. I wasn't expecting it to be as good on gas as it is, I reset the mpg display at every fill-up and have yet to average less than 20 mpg on a tank of gas in mixed driving. But if I give it the boot the back tires break loose at 35 mph when the turbo gets spooled up. Yee-haw! The Sport Trac I had before averaged no better than 15, heavy truck and small engine, got good mpg on a straight highway trip but city was terrible. I have a monthly payment again but saving $100 a month in gas partly offsets it.
You can get a kit from Ford Performance that has a tuner and K&N filter and adds 45 hp but you have to run 91 octane.

I got a new Ranger 4x4 in April. Turbo 4-banger, manual says at least 87 but for best performance use 91. I get the best mpg with 89, 91 or 93 are no better. I wasn't expecting it to be as good on gas as it is, I reset the mpg display at every fill-up and have yet to average less than 20 mpg on a tank of gas in mixed driving. But if I give it the boot the back tires break loose at 35 mph when the turbo gets spooled up. Yee-haw! The Sport Trac I had before averaged no better than 15, heavy truck and small engine, got good mpg on a straight highway trip but city was terrible. I have a monthly payment again but saving $100 a month in gas partly offsets it.
You can get a kit from Ford Performance that has a tuner and K&N filter and adds 45 hp but you have to run 91 octane.
The new Rangers are nice. I was leaning that way until I fell in love with the Jeep Gladiator.4F0D68E0-7B94-4AA7-8A64-42A071D65276.jpeg

fuel-prices-at-a-7-eleven-gas-station-in-las-vegas-nevada-u-s-on-friday-oct-22-2021-the-national-average-price-for-a-gallon-of-gasoline-rose-six-cents-over-the-past-week-to-hit-3-38-the-pump-price-has-gone-up-every-day-in-the-past-27-days-adding-approximately-20-cents-to-the-cost-of-a-gallon-of-gas-reported-the-american-automobile-association-aaa-photographer-bridget-bennett-bloomberg.png

Huh ... seem to think there was some similarity between the highest gasoline price in recent memory in 2014 and the current rocketing gas prices. Something to do with somebody in charge. Wish I could remember, wish I could remember.