• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

George Pickens says.....

Answer this, when was the last time you were worried about losing one of our assistant coaches to another team?
When Lebeau 'resigned'

There are only so many coverages that you can run............Tomlin being a defensive back expert should know all of them like the back of his hand and how to beat them all.....
The SF DC is new and ran some different defensive backfield schemes in different areas and situations and we know how Tomlin teams adapt and adjust from a bad gameplan… so thet were pretty much sunk…. They got Cover 2 when they expected cover 3 and man when they thought zone.. lol just basic stuff that should have been overcome before the half..

From Tomlin on through his coaching staff there’s not one I would retain. I know it’s only the first game and we’ll have to see how this plays out but to not have your team prepared like this is unacceptable. I would have been ok with a loss had they been competitive but to get pushed around, bullied, and out schemed and out coached in your own stadium, that’s ****** up. Sorry!

I have always based my disdain for the Mikey T era on what I see other teams do, and never see the Steelers do.

On any given Sunday you can see teams make adjustments on the fly and at halftime, and come back and win the game. You see teams exploit other teams weaknesses. You see coaches use timeouts advantageously. You see teams not waste timeouts on challenges you and I and every damn person watching the game knows they won't win. You see teams keep their big mouths shut and not give their opponents bulletin board material.

Maybe someday we will get back to something like that in Pittsburgh. But I have been waiting for a loooooong time now.

Answer this, when was the last time you were worried about losing one of our assistant coaches to another team?

200.webp

From Tomlin on through his coaching staff there’s not one I would retain. I know it’s only the first game and we’ll have to see how this plays out but to not have your team prepared like this is unacceptable. I would have been ok with a loss had they been competitive but to get pushed around, bullied, and out schemed and out coached in your own stadium, that’s ****** up. Sorry!
Well Tomlin hired the them all, didn't he?

Pickens will speak the truth. Will Tomlin muzzle him?

I said this elsewhere. If they were using other coverages, it is 100% on Canaduh to adjust and he either refuses to or doesn't know how. All the more reason he should be fired and is the No. 1 cause for this offenses problems. Nothing has changed since Ben was here and Canaduh f'd that offense and season up. He needs to go before he permanently does damage to KP.

I give it 6 games until Pickens starts calling out the coaching and or QB
He already is. Sorta. He is liking posts on instagram that are critical of Kenny Pickett. Filliponi was tweeting about it.

I have always based my disdain for the Mikey T era on what I see other teams do, and never see the Steelers do.

On any given Sunday you can see teams make adjustments on the fly and at halftime, and come back and win the game. You see teams exploit other teams weaknesses. You see coaches use timeouts advantageously. You see teams not waste timeouts on challenges you and I and every damn person watching the game knows they won't win. You see teams keep their big mouths shut and not give their opponents bulletin board material.

Maybe someday we will get back to something like that in Pittsburgh. But I have been waiting for a loooooong time now.
I said this lots of times over the last few years. Having lived in Dallas I watched Jason Garrett do this exact same thing. He would even admit to it that they were going to impose their will and that it didn't matter what the other team did if they did what they were suppose to do. Tomlin operates this exact same way. Even Jerry Jones woke up and realized that Garrett had to go. He got one more job in the NFL and failed and has left the world of coaching. Even if Tomlin was the greatest coach ever sometimes you just need a fresh start.

I said this elsewhere. If they were using other coverages, it is 100% on Canaduh to adjust and he either refuses to or doesn't know how. All the more reason he should be fired and is the No. 1 cause for this offenses problems. Nothing has changed since Ben was here and Canaduh f'd that offense and season up. He needs to go before he permanently does damage to KP.

Remember when many here didn't want O'Canada to leave as it would make it to hard on KP8 having a new OC ?

I said back then, keeping O'Canada would be more devastating than firing him. KP8 is being damaged each day, practice or game.

Salute the nation

He already is. Sorta. He is liking posts on instagram that are critical of Kenny Pickett. Filliponi was tweeting about it.
How much do I win? Lol

He needs to go before he permanently does damage to KP.

He squandered the majority of Ben's career. Why would they worry about KP8?

When I finally started watching, I noticed later in the game Pickett rarely even looked Pickens way. This is when he was targeting CAIII. Now this was from my seats in the stadium so not exactly the clear view you get on coaches film. It was still interesting to see.

When I finally started watching, I noticed later in the game Pickett rarely even looked Pickens way. This is when he was targeting CAIII. Now this was from my seats in the stadium so not exactly the clear view you get on coaches film. It was still interesting to see.
Pickens probably was a decoy because we were trying to outsmart them… using really stupid tactics