• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global warming science keeps making the same mistakes and proclaiming unrealistic tim

It is below freezing up here in the Great White North.

Spray your aerosols into the air!!
Yesterday for the first time this year I cut the grass and repped cargo shorts and a Hawaiian shirt. Had all the doors of the house open even at night. Supposed to get snow next week.

Here's the thing....

I don't care WHERE we get our energy. I really don't. The evolution of energy, on it's own supply/demand forces, will lead to non-fossil fuels. The sun is a GREAT source of energy. Hell, it's what makes all the plants on this planet grow and thus fuel our planet. We can harness it just like them EVENTUALLY....

In the long run, if government let free market decide on energy, keeping realistic pollution standards, while watching out for "big oil" inhibiting competition from non-fossil fuels, then we will ALL be better off. Nothing about "global warming" in that scenario by the way. Just let technology go.

Since our last little hurricane season when my generator took a dump, I have been researching solar/wind sources for my backup storm source of power. The technology is evolving fast, especially with the batteries needed. New concepts like salt water batteries are replacing the super expensive lithium ion and the new inverters are getting much more efficient, cutting power losses to next to nothing.

It's still too expensive to be applied by the average workin' stiff but it's gettin' there. I'm going to have to pay more and incorporate my day to day energy needs in order to justify the expense of the backup system. But the lower energy bills will help offset some of the costs and the hobby aspect of setting up the system will have to mask some of the other expense. I'm lookin' at 4KW's for about 4g's. I can run a lot of stuff on that and can add more later if I want.

The power companies act like they are all in for solar but some of the underhanded rules tell me they ain't all that exited to see it comin'.

Florida is one of five states that ban certain solar sales
http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...a-one-five-states-ban-certain-solar-sales-pe/

In Sunshine State, Big Energy Blocks Solar Power
https://fcir.org/2015/04/03/in-sunshine-state-big-energy-blocks-solar-power/

How Utilities Are Fighting Back on Solar Power

https://www.consumerreports.org/energy-saving/how-utilities-are-fighting-back-on-solar-power/

Utilities Fight Back Against Residential Solar Advantages

https://www.fool.com/investing/gene...fight-back-against-residential-solar-adv.aspx

If demand for residential solar continued to soar, traditional utilities could soon face serious problems, from “declining retail sales” and a “loss of customers” to “potential obsolescence,” according to a presentation prepared for the group. “Industry must prepare an action plan to address the challenges,” it said.

The warning, delivered to a private meeting of the utility industry’s main trade association, became a call to arms for electricity providers in nearly every corner of the nation. Three years later, the industry and its fossil-fuel supporters are waging a determined campaign to stop a home-solar insurgency that is rattling the boardrooms of the country’s government-regulated electric monopolies.

The campaign’s first phase—an industry push for state laws raising prices for solar customers—failed spectacularly in legislatures around the country, due in part to surprisingly strong support for solar energy from conservatives and evangelicals in traditionally “red states.” But more recently, the battle has shifted to public utility commissions, where industry backers have mounted a more successful push for fee hikes that could put solar panels out of reach for many potential customers.

Utilities argue that if more consumers use solar to lower their monthly bills, there are fewer funds to pay for maintenance of the power grid

Global warming is so bad that efforts to contain fossil fuel pollution is met with a call to arms ? Do not try to get between the local utilities government and their money.

We are infants trying to understand how the earth really works, "SCIENTISTS" should just stop pretending they know everything there is to know about everything.
Science discoveries never stop. Science is NEVER "settled" - EVAR!

Hence, the systematic study through observation and experiment.

What you are suggesting is that maybe water doesn’t really boil at 212 degrees and freeze at 32 degrees, it’s just coincidence that it keeps happening over and over and over again.

Trog,

Quit playing the fool.

You wear it well, naturally, and easily, but it is tiring and lowers board quality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hence, the systematic study through observation and experiment.

What you are suggesting is that maybe water doesn’t really boil at 212 degrees and freeze at 32 degrees, it’s just coincidence that it keeps happening over and over and over again.

Not always...............it depends on what other elements are in the water...............maybe your not as smart as you think you are..........

Duh, water boils at lower temps at higher altitudes with less pressure and water freezes at lowered temps with salt included- like I said, Mr Science blowhards who think they know everything are always wrong

So a few weeks ago I was at a EPA conference in Arizona... they admit flow measurements are about 5% overestimated...
with all the other overestimated pollution measurements... its a wonder they get anything right on models ever...

Duh, water boils at lower temps at higher altitudes with less pressure and water freezes at lowered temps with salt included- like I said, Mr Science blowhards who think they know everything are always wrong

LOL! As YOU provide a scientific explanation. Or are you saying you are wrong?

LOL! As YOU provide a scientific explanation. Or are you saying you are wrong?

LOL! As YOU believe the "SCIENCE" preached at the pulpit of Liberalism.

5ae462e9e5f185a0e70b2adbddcaea49--stupid-liberals-liberalism.jpg

al_gore_climate_change.jpg

1409435267461_Image_galleryIma.jpg

LOL! As YOU believe the "SCIENCE" preached at the pulpit of Liberalism.

I never said anything about climate change, just science in general.

I realize it’s not in your gospel, Tim, but a lot of science isn’t in the Bible. Why doubt this specifically?

I never said anything about climate change, just science in general.

I realize it’s not in your gospel, Tim, but a lot of science isn’t in the Bible. Why doubt this specifically?

When was I quoting the Bible Flog? Just flogging you - yet again. Never gets old beating this drum.

When was I quoting the Bible Flog? Just flogging you - yet again. Never gets old beating this drum.

You accused me of believing something preached from a pulpit which is usually why conservatives dismiss science.

You accused me of believing something preached from a pulpit which is usually why conservatives dismiss science.

And usually why Liberals dismiss God. Liberals (IMO) give too much credit to humans and not enough to God, if they believe in Him at all. The climate is (allegedly) changing, so there must be SOME reason why man caused it. Stuff can't just happen naturally. JFC, it's like living with my mother.

And usually why Liberals dismiss God. Liberals (IMO) give too much credit to humans and not enough to God, if they believe in Him at all. The climate is (allegedly) changing, so there must be SOME reason why man caused it. Stuff can't just happen naturally. JFC, it's like living with my mother.

You broke out a JFC on the Sabbath. Probably should say an Our Father and two Hail Marys, just to be safe.

So you're saying you don't believe in Al Gore's Global Warming? Or in AGW? Or whatever ******* acronym the Left calls weather now?

So you're saying you don't believe in Al Gore's Global Warming? Or in AGW? Or whatever ******* acronym the Left calls weather now?

I don’t have a strong opinion as to what is causing it or the impact it will ultimately have, but it does concern me. The fact that it is going to go from 30’s and snow to 80’s and sunny and back to 30s and snow all in the span of 13 days makes me wonder. I don’t remember that **** ever happening when I was a kid.

I don’t have a strong opinion as to what is causing it or the impact it will ultimately have, but it does concern me. The fact that it is going to go from 30’s and snow to 80’s and sunny and back to 30s and snow all in the span of 13 days makes me wonder. I don’t remember that **** ever happening when I was a kid.

So you believe in global warming, and it's based upon your personal observations limited to your scant few years upon this earth as compared to the 4.5Billion years of earth's existence and ever-changing warming and cooling periods?

It did. We live in PA, it happens. My mother graduated from high school here in 1953 and she will tell you that they had to move commencement from the football stadium to the local theater because it snowed...in May.

It did. We live in PA, it happens. My mother graduated from high school here in 1953 and she will tell you that they had to move commencement from the football stadium to the local theater because it snowed...in May.

Bingo. If you're a weather history nut, you can research recorded history. Weird weather anomalies have been regularly recorded since weather's been documented. I remember vividly a day in college in late April in the late 80s, after a week of outside -in -shorts weather, it snowed. In middle Virginia. 6 inches on the ground. The next day was shorts weather again.

So you believe in global warming, and it's based upon your personal observations limited to your scant few years upon this earth as compared to the 4.5Billion years of earth's existence and ever-changing warming and cooling periods?

So you believe the science that says the earth is 4.5 Billion years old, but doubt climatologists?

At least one Libtard is keeping it real. Nothing left but his carbon footprint.

http://www.newsweek.com/new-york-lawyer-burns-himself-death-protest-fossil-fuels-886332

NEW YORK LAWYER BURNS HIMSELF TO DEATH TO PROTEST FOSSIL FUELS

A prominent New York lawyer has died after setting himself on fire in Brooklyn's Prospect Park to protest against the use of fossil fuels.

David Buckel, 60, had been well-known for his work on behalf of the LGBT community, as well as with environmental groups.

A suicide note near the lawyer's remains said he had immolated himself using fossil fuel to symbolize the damage humans are doing to the Earth.

Buckel had also reportedly sent the note to multiple news outlets, including The New York Times, warning that people were dying early deaths as a result of breathing in bad air.

“Pollution ravages our planet, oozing inhabitability via air, soil, water and weather,” Buckel wrote in his email to the Times.

“Most humans on the planet now breathe air made unhealthy by fossil fuels, and many die early deaths as a result—my early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves.”

NEW YORK LAWYER BURNS HIMSELF TO DEATH TO PROTEST FOSSIL FUELS

Lib's can do some crazy stuff fur shur JonBoy....like painting streets white n'stuff, burning themselves up, crazy.

I1t0mxf.jpg

So you believe the science that says the earth is 4.5 Billion years old, but doubt climatologists?

Are you going to keep avoiding my question?

Yes I believe the science that says earth is 4.5Billion years old. There's also no money at stake with that part of science. I do not believe the existing "scientists" claims of global warming when we have repeatedly caught NASA, NOAA, other agencies and hundreds of scientists around the globe falsifying data. I do not believe in AGW when critical leaders in the movement have said point blank that global warming IS about wealth redistribution. That isn't science. I believe in science.

Now back to my question, are you going to state for the record that you believe in Global Warming? Or are you going to Flog-deflect again?