• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Grateful American

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
That's the title of actor Gary Sinise's new book. Anyways, watched him on the Ben Shapiro podcast and I knew he did a lot of work with the military and our veterans but really didn't know much about his foundations and the depth of his service to those who serve us. A thank you tribute from many of them:

#gratefullikegary

Nice. A lot of unlikely faces showed up for that.

Gary Sinise is a great patriotic American. He does more for vets and their loved ones than any of us could imagine. It’s called WORKS 21. There’s words and then there’s works. Try to squeeze a chapter in your book about the difference, and then maybe in your research you’ll learn a little about what it means to love country, not idolatry.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

http://www.ibov.org/2015/gary-sinise-lt-dan-has-a-message-for-donald-trump/

Best comment by Sinise was his rebuke of Trump for his comments about McCain not being a war hero.
The King of Deferments shouldn't disparage those that have served.

If we had a Bill Clinton thread, would you have dropped by to talk about his deferment from the military?

The saga of Bill Clinton and his draft status began with a student deferment in 1964, when he was studying at Georgetown. However, by 1968, the government ended deferments for grad students, and the Rhodes Scholar began maneuvering to avoid service.

According to a Snopes fact-check post, he used connections with the naval reserve and the draft board to sidestep service so he could attend Oxford. Later, Clinton signed up for the ROTC program in order to avoid being drafted — but never served there, either.

That's the title of actor Gary Sinise's new book. Anyways, watched him on the Ben Shapiro podcast and I knew he did a lot of work with the military and our veterans but really didn't know much about his foundations and the depth of his service to those who serve us. A thank you tribute from many of them:

#gratefullikegary

Gary Sinise does a lot for the military.
Pretty cool guy.

I like Jay Leno's voice lol. Another cool guy. That was neat to see all those celebs celebrate Sinise's efforts and appreciation towards the military.

Gary Sinise does a lot for the military. Pretty cool guy.

I like Jay Leno's voice lol. Another cool guy.

Truth. Family friend is a mechanic and has been for more than 30 years. Friend met Leno many years ago, got to know him, and told me Jay Leno is one of the nicest people he has ever met.

Truth. Family friend is a mechanic and has been for more than 30 years. Friend met Leno many years ago, got to know him, and told me Jay Leno is one of the nicest people he has ever met.

My dad met Leno too (I'm not sure if at a car show or what) and said the same exact thing -- really nice, unassuming guy. He met Terry Bradshaw a couple times as well as Terry was potentially investing in a company he worked for at the time, and when my dad eagerly exclaimed he was a Pittsburgh boy and said "Go Steelers!", Terry just shrugged like "okay?". Said he was kind of an *******.

To which I would have replied "And your country music career sucked".

He hasn't fared much better in the acting dept either.