• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Haskins dead in car crash

Damn, life can really suck sometimes. RIP Dwayne.

I just woke up to read this, holy **** this is horrible. Do they know who hit him?

My heartfelt sympathies go out to his family, friends, teammates, anyone who cared for him, what a sad, ****** situation.

Rest peacefully, Dwayne 🙏🏻

He ran out of gas. Got clipped by a car getting out of his apparently.

I've said this before here, and I guess now is the final time I can. Always felt connected to Dwayne, though I never met him. When my oldest played youth football, we played the dominant team 2x a season 4x a year. The QB on that team (Tucker). went on to Bullis here in MD, a private school about a ten min drive from my home. My oldest also played on the same basketball team as Tucker. Each year, the Super Bowl of our youth football league was played on the Bullis astroturf. I coached and my kids played on that field several times.

Haskins was the starting QB at Bullis when Tucker went there to back him up, before becoming the starter after Dwayne left for Ohio State.

My oldest graduated HS and went to Ohio State for school. Obviously football is big here. He went to every game, became a big Dwayne fan, etc.

Just a sad, tragic loss.

RIP.
Condolences to the Haskins family....so sad

RIP....simply sad.

😓 Man

RIP my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Horrible news...

Shocking and sad to hear. Supposedly he was there working with teammates and Trubisky. Prayers for his family.

"I am devastated and at a loss for words with the unfortunate passing of Dwayne Haskins,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “He quickly became part of our Steelers family upon his arrival in Pittsburgh and was one of our hardest workers, both on the field and in our community. Dwayne was a great teammate, but even more so a tremendous friend to so many. I am truly heartbroken."

“Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Kalabrya, and his entire family during this difficult time.”

Haskins appeared to be working in South Florida this week with several teammates, including Trubisky and other skill position players, including running back Najee Harris and tight end Pat Freiermuth.

Wow, just read about this. Unbelievable. Goes to Florida to work and get better, 24 years old, killed when hit getting out of his vehicle. Terrible does not begin to describe how bad this is.

RIP. Gone way too soon.