• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hottest Spring On Record Globally 2014

Spike

Reaction score
They will never give up

The monarchs think they know everything

popeobama.jpg

OBAMA PUSHES FOR UN 'CLIMATE' RULES WITHOUT CONGRESS

Obama plans power plant rules in bold climate push

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...-plans-power-plant-rules-in-bold-climate-push

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So Elfie ignores my question about dismissing the 17 year pause in global warming based upon the fact that the sample size is too small. Elfie then insists that a valid analysis would cover, say, 160 years and show the following:

trend:2014

So here is my question - if starting the graph at 1998 (immediately after a very hot year) is invalid due to small sample size, then why is it valid to plot temperature date from 1850 to present, as HADCRUT does? Why not use a greater sample base that includes the MWP?

Here is why:

Temperatures over the past 10,000 years based on ice proxy data:

sg2wav.jpg

Temperatures over the past 5000 years using Greenland ice core proxies:

image.png

Temperatures over the past 2000 years based on further ice core data reconstruction:

greenland-ice-core-isotope-past-4000-yrs.png

So the next time Elfie posts another limited data set graph, covering a few years, point out that his sample is invalid due to small sample size.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Another data set for ice core sampling, covering the past 10,000 years:

images

Notice how Elfie uses only the past 160 years, which coincidentally coincide with a temperature increase following the "Little Ice Age" ... while completely ignoring the temperature data prior to the Little Ice Age.

Yeah, coincidence, sure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
This coming Saturday is forecast to be our first day at 90* this year. Normally we have had a dozen or more by now.
Global warming makes it colder.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
it's not that the data is wrong, it's the degree of wrong that it is.

right, eflie?

5x4=1910 is nearly the same as 5x4=9001

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Well throughout the history of the world climate has been a very stable and static thing. So if it stays perfectly "normal" and static it's ok. But if it gets warmer, colder, wetter, dryer, or windier we are all doomed.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well throughout the history of the world climate has been a very stable and static thing. So if it stays perfectly "normal" and static it's ok. But if it gets warmer, colder, wetter, dryer, or windier we are all doomed.

I mean, that's such a basic premise, I don't know why you deniers just don't get it - the temperature should be exactly what I want it to be, or it's global something.

driving_off_a_cliff-21109.gif

Global warming alarmist Polo shows the future of the AGW panic industry ...

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
Another data set for ice core sampling, covering the past 10,000 years:

images

Notice how Elfie uses only the past 160 years, which coincidentally coincide with a temperature increase following the "Little Ice Age" ... while completely ignoring the temperature data prior to the Little Ice Age.

Yeah, coincidence, sure.

Yeah....we we're discussing resonance events and their connection to extreme weather events and how that helps prove the warming. That was the essence of Ed's original question, now you want me to go through a whole new round of flushing Watts&Co. ' Little Ice age analysis' and other assorted nonsense down the toilet. No thanks.

I've answered his question but, if you guys want to get on with the ' It's cool where I live so there is no global warming' go right ahead. Head meet sand.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score

You're not doomed as long as we can produce food through your lifetime so it's all good right? When it gets warmer, wetter,dryer, windier that will be more than likely when your kids are adults with kids. Why worry? We'll adjust by doing construction and other work at night for a while and our economy will limp along and then as the heating screws up our crops we'll start on that long downward slide.

But like I said, why worry? Let them fight over the last scraps as they curse our generation for being so ******* selfish and stupid. By that time the damage will be irreversible anyway. Cheers.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
it's not that the data is wrong, it's the degree of wrong that it is.

right, eflie?

5x4=1910 is nearly the same as 5x4=9001

Right. That's about the only thing resembling a cogent thought that I've seen you post. Good job!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
you're a ******* idiot

tumblr_maxpieCmjF1qh5u4lo1_500.gif

Spike

Reaction score
can't.... stop.... laughing...

EPA Chief: CO2 Regulations Are About ‘Justice’ For ‘Communities Of Color’

The Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed global warming regulations aren’t just about stemming global temperature rises — according to agency’s chief, they are also about “justice” for “communities of color.”

“Carbon pollution standards are an issue of justice,” said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy in a teleconference call with environmental activists. “If we want to protect communities of color, we need to protect them from climate change.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/e...stice-for-communities-of-color/#ixzz3BcfxSLUb

--------------------------

Oh yeah -- CO2 is the #1 concern of everybody living in da hood!

hahahahahaha

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score

The Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed global warming regulations aren’t just about stemming global temperature rises — according to agency’s chief, they are also about “justice” for “communities of color.”

“Carbon pollution standards are an issue of justice,” said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy in a teleconference call with environmental activists. “If we want to protect communities of color, we need to protect them from climate change.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/e...stice-for-communities-of-color/#ixzz3BcfxSLUb

hahahahahaha

Why do I feel the need to punch something right now?

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Now Global Warming is racist?

Rod Farva

Reaction score
You're not doomed as long as we can produce food through your lifetime so it's all good right? When it gets warmer, wetter,dryer, windier that will be more than likely when your kids are adults with kids. Why worry? We'll adjust by doing construction and other work at night for a while and our economy will limp along and then as the heating screws up our crops we'll start on that long downward slide.

Just so I get mine. By the way the bolded part has already begun.

But like I said, why worry? Let them fight over the last scraps as they curse our generation for being so ******* selfish and stupid. By that time the damage will be irreversible anyway. Cheers.

I always try to look at the bright side. In this cae it's your spawn being wiped off the planet.

hahahahahaha

Well, if it kills all the coca plants.......

If that is what it takes!!

Eggsufckingzactly!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
And NASA is now the vehicle to help muslims feel better about themselves. WTF are we doing to our society?

Spike

Reaction score
CIA: "Global warming is now officially considered a threat to U.S. national security"

BeheadGlblWarming.jpg

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Global warming burned down quite a few business' in Ferguson. Go ahead and stick your heads in the sand deniers...