• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How do you fix the United States?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sounds like a communist-leaning democrat talking. Wealth redistribution from the people who do all the work to the people who do none. This would have a chilling effect on the economy - if there's no incentive to become "super rich" then the "super rich" won't invest in businesses and grow the economy. There will effectively be an income level at which there's no point in trying to earn any more, so people will accumulate wealth in savings for a time, then exit the marketplace and live off that wealth. Imagine if WalMart operated for 20 years, then the Walton family said, "We've made enough money and own enough stuff that our great-grandchildren won't have to work a day of their lives, so now that we're paying more in taxes than we're bringing in, we're just going to bulldoze all our stores. Have fun figuring out where you're going to buy your stuff from now on."
Yeah but it would be kinda fun to see the multimillionaire Liberals in Hollywood change their tune on big government.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Your gov has the power to kill the mentally disabled. Nice Constitution. Pass.

My brother was killed by a paranoid schizophrenic when he decided to drive head first into oncoming traffic. Left behind a fiancé and daughter because someone didn't like the way their meds made them feel so he got drunk tried to kill someone who talked to a girl who he liked but didn't even know his name they pulled him off the guy and he decided to end it all by killing my brother. **** crazy people! What value do they bring to society? Tell me ONE thing some crazy **** who talks to himself and can't even get a job bagging groceries gives back to society? NOTHING!

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Or....

Stay with me on this now.....

We could just cut a bunch of government. We could keep things basic and let people live as they see fit. To include not telling people how much they can make or how much they have to pay the employees in their businesses. That's called freedom and the free market. What you are talking about is exchanging one set of tyrants for another.

If that's what you want sure but lets not just stop there. Let's make anarchy so I can drive up rodeo drive with a shotgun and take what the **** I want. Only the strong survive!

ark steel

Reaction score
If that's what you want sure but lets not just stop there. Let's make anarchy so I can drive up rodeo drive with a shotgun and take what the **** I want. Only the strong survive!

How is stealing stuff equal to a free market? If you don't like the prices on Rodeo drive, shop elsewhere. Easy, peasy. I don't think it is any of my business if people want to spend $20,000 on a purse.

ark steel

Reaction score
My brother was killed by a paranoid schizophrenic when he decided to drive head first into oncoming traffic. Left behind a fiancé and daughter because someone didn't like the way their meds made them feel so he got drunk tried to kill someone who talked to a girl who he liked but didn't even know his name they pulled him off the guy and he decided to end it all by killing my brother. **** crazy people! What value do they bring to society? Tell me ONE thing some crazy **** who talks to himself and can't even get a job bagging groceries gives back to society? NOTHING!

Sorry to hear about your brother.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
Restrict voting rights to those who pay taxes. People who don't pay in don't need the ability to vote for more free **** for themselves. The country would right itself in no time.

Vis

Reaction score
Like I said, it would be hard to do in advance because it's counter to the agenda of the entrenched politicians, and doing outside of the existing political process is essentially federal treason, since you're plotting the overthrow of the sitting government. Let's be real - it's not like we'll just vote on a referendum to reboot the government.

What you mean is the violent overthrow of the government which is called treason.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
How is stealing stuff equal to a free market? If you don't like the prices on Rodeo drive, shop elsewhere. Easy, peasy. I don't think it is any of my business if people want to spend $20,000 on a purse.

It's not a free market now. Sheeple will shop at Walmart to save a penny and when Bank of America or GM should go under we the little guys bail them out. The super rich keep getting richer and the middle class is being pushed down into poverty. Wells Fargo paid $68,000,000 to their CEO. That's ******* crazy.

Vis

Reaction score

Kill those with no value to society? You don't want limited government, you want totalitarianism with government control over who gets to live and who is killed for the greater good.

My how a thread changes when you ask for details.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
What you mean is the violent overthrow of the government which is called treason.

How else would you realistically propose it be done? There isn't an elected official anywhere today that would knowingly enact laws that would remove himself or herself from office and institute an entirely new government. So you can forget about the slow process of electing representatives to cause change that way. I can't imagine some process of public referendum to repeal the entire government and institute a new one to result in anything better than what we have now. We might as well all agree to write in "Mickey Mouse" in the next Presidential election, it would end up being just about as valid.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Or....

Stay with me on this now.....

We could just cut a bunch of government. We could keep things basic and let people live as they see fit. To include not telling people how much they can make or how much they have to pay the employees in their businesses. That's called freedom and the free market. What you are talking about is exchanging one set of tyrants for another.
the problem with cutting government is that there are so many government employees now. you really think those people are going to vote themselves out of a job?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Kill those with no value to society? You don't want limited government, you want totalitarianism with government control over who gets to live and who is killed for the greater good.

My how a thread changes when you ask for details.

How about this. Me and others like me don't want crazy ***** around myself and family. You do. You and people like you get all the crazy *****, people like me live in towns or areas where it's illegal for crazy ***** to go. You get gear you want and I get what I want.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a free market now. Sheeple will shop at Walmart to save a penny and when Bank of America or GM should go under we the little guys bail them out. The super rich keep getting richer and the middle class is being pushed down into poverty. Wells Fargo paid $68,000,000 to their CEO. That's ******* crazy.

Ark beat me to the Anarchy comment. People being able to buy goods where ever they choose for the best price they can get is the free market. Bailouts are crony capitalism and they are the result ofa too large corrupt government.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Restrict voting rights to those who pay taxes. People who don't pay in don't need the ability to vote for more free **** for themselves. The country would right itself in no time.

I like this idea too. Or even a scaled voting system. Citizen = 1 vote, +1 for land owner, +1 for military.

Vis

Reaction score
How else would you realistically propose it be done? There isn't an elected official anywhere today that would knowingly enact laws that would remove himself or herself from office and institute an entirely new government. So you can forget about the slow process of electing representatives to cause change that way. I can't imagine some process of public referendum to repeal the entire government and institute a new one to result in anything better than what we have now. We might as well all agree to write in "Mickey Mouse" in the next Presidential election, it would end up being just about as valid.

How many survive to rebuild? Who stops the leader of the coupe from declaring himself King? How many new countries result from the chaos? How weak will they be?

Last edited:

Vis

Reaction score
How about this. Me and others like me don't want crazy ***** around myself and family. You do. You and people like you get all the crazy *****, people like me live in towns or areas where it's illegal for crazy ***** to go. You get gear you want and I get what I want.

I think some of your rants sound crazy. I'm e-mailing my representative to order your execution.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Ark beat me to the Anarchy comment. People being able to buy goods where ever they choose for the best price they can get is the free market. Bailouts are crony capitalism and they are the result ofa too large corrupt government.

So it's fair that the 6 Walton's of Walmart heirs have more money than 94,173,000 Americans?

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
So it's fair that the 6 Walton's of Walmart heirs have more money than 94,173,000 Americans?

Life isn't fair. You don't penalize those who succeed, you encourage others to follow suit. I'd wager you are in the top 5% globally, is it fair that you have "leisure money" while others starve?

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

Yes its fair. They are the ones that built the business and made the money. Don't envy what they have work hard and strive to get your own.

ark steel

Reaction score

Changing it to a different non-free market doesn't "fix" anything. Changing to an actual free market will fix a **** load of problems, one of which is that BoA and GM are ****** if they **** up.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I think some of your rants sound crazy. I'm e-mailing my representative to order your execution.

Change the subject, huh. Know what they call that? Not in my neighborhood. In my old subdivision I lived around a lot of straight liberals who were spoon fed the liberal agenda and argued with me a lot. One argument I had with the two neighbors across the street was about habitat for humanity. I told them how it destroys property values, turns nice neighborhoods into ghettos, and the only one who profits is the developer who gets free materials and labor to build it and since most of them get foreclosed on they get to resell it and make even more. They told me how great the projects were and how helpful blah, blah BS. Well, about a year later after all of our properties took a beating in the housing market the owner/developer of the subdivision comes around wanting to get rid of our covenant saying it's too restrictive and outdated. So I say let me read what you want me to sign and I'll get back to him. He calls a few days later and says everyone else has signed and I was the hangup. I tell him I'm going thru the covenant and his paperwork give me sometime. On top of that I start doing some research and find out this puke plans on filling his vacant lots full of pile of **** habitat for humanity houses that will sink what little equity I have in the house into the ground. 2 bed 1 bath no garage dirt driveway average of 3 kids per house. So he calls and I give him just enough rope to hang himself with. Then I pull trigger and let him know what I know. We get in a little argument and finally he tries to stiff arm me and says the houses are going up and we break ground in a month. I say fine, great, awesome BUT I'm not signing the papers and he will build them to the exact specs in the covenant.... silence. I then give him an out (knowing eventually he'd win with his money vs mine in court) I told him he could buy my house for 5% more than I paid (20% more than the value at that point) and he can build what he wants because everyone else signed. He said he'd let me know. 2 days later he called back and said deal. I went back to the old neighborHOOD last fall. Those lib neighbors were telling me horror stories and how they tried to sell but the value was so low they were upside down and how they were stuck. Then they told me I got out at the perfect time. I smiled told them exactly how and why it went down. They got mad and said how couldn't of I said anything. Just told them they had already told me their viewpoint on habitat for humanity and they'd already signed off on getting rid of the covenant. So they must of got what they wanted. I think they probably cried themselves to sleep on their moral values that night. I on the other hand slept like a baby on my 3 acre lot in the country. :)

Last edited:

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yes its fair. They are the ones that built the business and made the money. Don't envy what they have work hard and strive to get your own.

Everyone has the opportunity to inherit a national store then exploit third world countries slave labor to give poverty waged in America and use the welfare system as your own healthcare system... Yep.

I

Idioteque

War vets get their own VA benefits and insurance. I don't allow them to double dip into SSI though.

I like this..

The crazy people or lazy people can sit on their butt in their tiny subsidized apartment reading and taking walks. Go to the free library, free parks, whatever.

Hmm.. nice philosophy.. I could get on board..

Crazy people who are determined to be a safety risk will be medicated

Whoa.. uh, he didn't just..

and if they don't take their medicine on their own they will be locked up

Uh-oh. Spiral is starting.

or have the option to be euthanized.

Shew buddy. Off the rails.

If they pose extreme safety concerns they WILL be euthanized.

I

Idioteque

This pre-supposes that there are only two groups of people:

Crazy

Not crazy

I won't get into the logistics of trying to determine who is whom (what makes one crazy? who gets to decide? etc.) But there are more diagnoses out there than "crazy."