• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How do you fix the United States?

ark steel

Reaction score
Everyone has the opportunity to inherit a national store then exploit third world countries slave labor to give poverty waged in America and use the welfare system as your own healthcare system... Yep.

If I bust my *** to make millions of dollars, part of my reason for doing so is so that my kids won't have to do so. why should the governement decide that is not acceptable?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Restrict voting rights to those who pay taxes. People who don't pay in don't need the ability to vote for more free **** for themselves. The country would right itself in no time.
That's how the country originally started. Only people who owned land could vote in order to keep people from voting themselves other peoples' money. Land at the time being where most peoples' wealth was held since we were primarily an agrarian society at the time where few people were employed by someone else. /Burgundy using $10 words again

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
How many survive to rebuild? Who stops the leader of the coupe from declaring himself King? How many new countries result from the chaos? How weak will they be?

You're preaching to the choir. I'm not advocating an armed revolt, or suggesting that the outcome is certain to be better than the current situation, I'm just saying that that's the only way a sea change in government is going to happen. If you want radical change, expect to use radical measures. There is no "electing" our way out of the mess we're in - it's all a long, slow slide into the end of Western Civilization from here.... or maybe not all that long and slow.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
There are NO tax deductions. Meaning if someone makes $154,800 and someone makes $154,900 the two are taxed exactly the same on the $154,800 but the one who made $154,900 is taxed at a slightly higher rate on that last $100. Corporations are taxed 25% regardless. If you have grown to a size that you need to incorporate you will pay taxes. (LLC same rule applies) The highest paid employee in a company whether it's the owner, CEO, President ect CANNOT make more than 15 times the lowest. So if you are paying your lowest employee $7.25 an hour you cannot pay the highest more than $108.75 ($226,200 annual). So when these big corporations try to pay the CEO $50,000,000 they'd have to pay the lowest person $1602 an hour. So they won't. Profit sharing is not an option! 25% of the NET (after taxes) go to employees. Again the 15x rule applies.

**** all that ****.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This pre-supposes that there are only two groups of people:

Crazy

Not crazy

I won't get into the logistics of trying to determine who is whom (what makes one crazy? who gets to decide? etc.) But there are more diagnoses out there than "crazy."

Crazy but safe and functional is one thing. Crazy dangerous and not functional is another.

I

Idioteque

Crazy but safe and functional is one thing. Crazy dangerous and not functional is another.

No it's not. There are absolutely no black-and-white lines to separate the two. Do all schizophrenics get the needle? Or just those who have hurt people before? How about the bipolar?

How about people who have never harmed a fly, but start shooting from a water tower? Who gets fired over that guy?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
In my old subdivision I lived around a lot of straight liberals who were spoon fed the liberal agenda and argued with me a lot. One argument I had with the two neighbors across the street was about habitat for humanity.

I'm not going to copy the whole post but while I disagree with you on some things, you get karma for that. As soon as karma is up and running.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
no, idiot. barking up the wrong venue.
the argument is WHO determines who is crazy and what scale do they use to determine that?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
no, idiot. barking up the wrong venue.
the argument is WHO determines who is crazy and what scale do they use to determine that?
Killing seven of your own babies and keeping them in boxes in your garage is a no-brainer.

Vis

Reaction score
Change the subject, huh. Know what they call that? Not in my neighborhood. In my old subdivision I lived around a lot of straight liberals who were spoon fed the liberal agenda and argued with me a lot. One argument I had with the two neighbors across the street was about habitat for humanity. I told them how it destroys property values, turns nice neighborhoods into ghettos, and the only one who profits is the developer who gets free materials and labor to build it and since most of them get foreclosed on they get to resell it and make even more. They told me how great the projects were and how helpful blah, blah BS. Well, about a year later after all of our properties took a beating in the housing market the owner/developer of the subdivision comes around wanting to get rid of our covenant saying it's too restrictive and outdated. So I say let me read what you want me to sign and I'll get back to him. He calls a few days later and says everyone else has signed and I was the hangup. I tell him I'm going thru the covenant and his paperwork give me sometime. On top of that I start doing some research and find out this puke plans on filling his vacant lots full of pile of **** habitat for humanity houses that will sink what little equity I have in the house into the ground. 2 bed 1 bath no garage dirt driveway average of 3 kids per house. So he calls and I give him just enough rope to hang himself with. Then I pull trigger and let him know what I know. We get in a little argument and finally he tries to stiff arm me and says the houses are going up and we break ground in a month. I say fine, great, awesome BUT I'm not signing the papers and he will build them to the exact specs in the covenant.... silence. I then give him an out (knowing eventually he'd win with his money vs mine in court) I told him he could buy my house for 5% more than I paid (20% more than the value at that point) and he can build what he wants because everyone else signed. He said he'd let me know. 2 days later he called back and said deal. I went back to the old neighborHOOD last fall. Those lib neighbors were telling me horror stories and how they tried to sell but the value was so low they were upside down and how they were stuck. Then they told me I got out at the perfect time. I smiled told them exactly how and why it went down. They got mad and said how couldn't of I said anything. Just told them they had already told me their viewpoint on habitat for humanity and they'd already signed off on getting rid of the covenant. So they must of got what they wanted. I think they probably cried themselves to sleep on their moral values that night. I on the other hand slept like a baby on my 3 acre lot in the country. :)

That's not a change of the subject at all. I'm illustrating how ridiculous it is. Who decides who dies and on what criteria? Should they call you? Is there due process? Can the death for being bipolar sentence be appealed?

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Fixing the Tax system is EASY....... Federal Sales Tax. NO OTHER TAXES ALLOWED

Fed Sales Tax = T% T% = Fed % + State % + County % + Incp. City %
All entities are required to live within their percentage by law. Want to keep more Tax money flowing in, keep your local desireable.

All WHOLE Food items that have not been processed beyond their NATURAL state can be exempted.

In the event a County does not have an incorporated city, those funds will go to the County. I know it is not perfect, but is a good place to start.

Vis

Reaction score
Fixing the Tax system is EASY....... Federal Sales Tax. NO OTHER TAXES ALLOWED

Fed Sales Tax = T% T% = Fed % + State % + County % + Incp. City %
All entities are required to live within their percentage by law. Want to keep more Tax money flowing in, keep your local desireable.

All WHOLE Food items that have not been processed beyond their NATURAL state can be exempted.

In the event a County does not have an incorporated city, those funds will go to the County. I know it is not perfect, but is a good place to start.

People who spend 100% of their income to live are burdened much more than people who make much more than they need to spend. To get equal revenues, you would likely pay much more.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
People who spend 100% of their income to live are burdened much more than people who make much more than they need to spend. To get equal revenues, you would likely pay much more.

Life is a *****, get used to it.

Lets assume that an individual EARNS $12,000.00 per year. Assume a 15% Fed Sales Tax. Individual spends all their money on non life sustaining pre-processed items, they pay a whopping $1800 per year. Not bad considering that you are a free citizen with oportunities.

Rich ****** makes $50,000,000 per year, spends $20,000,000 and pays $3,000,000. Who is paying more for the freedoms offered?

FordFairLane

Reaction score
That's not a change of the subject at all. I'm illustrating how ridiculous it is. Who decides who dies and on what criteria? Should they call you? Is there due process? Can the death for being bipolar sentence be appealed?

Another example. There's a "disabled" man about 30 years of age. He had to move because he committed sexual assaults in his hometown. Now he is living with family in the town my wife grew up in not far from our home. One month ago I personally stopped him from RAPING a 14 year old girl. I was at a stop sign and I heard a scream thru my car windows and radio. I looked in my rear view and there's a little girl being chased down an ally. I raced down the road stopped at the other end of the ally where the poor girl ran into my arms. She told me he grabbed her wrist and tried pulling her into his house when she got away he took chase. He told me to mind my business. If not for the fact I had my two young children in the car I honest to god would have killed him. Instead I directed the girl into my truck and called the police. Whom then informed me about his past. LAST week my wife who coaches volleyball caught him trying to talk one of her middle schoolers to let him into the locked school. This person is crazy, this person WILL rape again, this person deserves to die. But the bleeding hearts think he can be changed or he is just misunderstood. **** that if you want him to live so bad let him move into your town!

Vis

Reaction score
Life is a *****, get used to it.

Lets assume that an individual EARNS $12,000.00 per year. Assume a 15% Fed Sales Tax. Individual spends all their money on non life sustaining pre-processed items, they pay a whopping $1800 per year. Not bad considering that you are a free citizen with oportunities.

Rich ****** makes $50,000,000 per year, spends $20,000,000 and pays $3,000,000. Who is paying more for the freedoms offered?

The sales tax has to be 30%. That's in addition to all state and muni sales taxes. Since no income to low too pay the tax, the income needed to survive goes way up, benefits need to go up to cover it, etc... And the rich can dodge the tax by buying overseas.

Last edited:

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score

So people who work harder to get a better job so they can live at the same standard of living and exercise some self-discipline to save the difference should subsidize the people who do nothing, or the bare minimum to subsist?

Explain why someone who makes $20,000 and spends all of it should pay less taxes than someone who makes $40,000, spends $20,000 and saves or invests the other $20,000. The only reason I hear you giving is because the first guy doesn't have another $20,000. Why is that anyone else's problem?

ark steel

Reaction score
The sales tax has to be 30%. That's in addition to all state and muni sales taxes. Since no income to low too pay the tax, the income needed to survive goes way up, benefits need to go up to cover it, etc... And the rich can dodge the tax by buying overseas.

Lol. Thanks for that clarification. What you mean is "for the federal government to provide cradle to grave care for every individual, or only those I define as worthy, the sales tax would need to be 30%".

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I personally think we need to get rid of all federal government besides defense and interstate highway department. Everything else your state should provide and if you don't agree with your state move to one that follows your beliefs.

ark steel

Reaction score
See, Vis wants to mandate what you have to pay for AND wants to determine who should or should not pay for it. We want freedom.

In our world all of the liberals would increase how much they give to charities to make up for what the federal government no longer does.

In Vis' world, he realizes that those liberals don't really care enough to do that unless they are stealing money from others to do it. You know that is true because those liberals are not, now, paying income tax on their gross incomes. They are taking the deductions allowed by law and limiting their tax liability. Nothing illegal about it, it just demonstrates how they really feel about taxes.

Vis

Reaction score
So people who work harder to get a better job so they can live at the same standard of living and exercise some self-discipline to save the difference should subsidize the people who do nothing, or the bare minimum to subsist?

Explain why someone who makes $20,000 and spends all of it should pay less taxes than someone who makes $40,000, spends $20,000 and saves or invests the other $20,000. The only reason I hear you giving is because the first guy doesn't have another $20,000. Why is that anyone else's problem?

Because we need the people who earn 20k We need people to clean toilets as a society. Why **** on them? Why insult them? Why is it too much to ask that their lives don't have to be as crappy after work?

ark steel

Reaction score
Because we need the people who earn 20k We need people to clean toilets as a society. Why **** on them? Why insult them? Why is it too much to ask that their lives don't have to be as crappy after work?

Asking someone to pay a tax is ******** on them? Why would you think that? They already pay local sales taxes to support fire/police/city services. They **** on there too?

ark steel

Reaction score
I can't believe Walmart **** all over me today by making me pay for an item I wanted. Buncha ********.