• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hypothetically speaking...if he's there (at any point) do you draft him??? Caleb Williams

Love this. I've already jumped on Shedur Sanders' bandwagon and I think he could use one more season in college. The kid, however, is already a leader and he can ball. Tough and accurate as well...

Shedur is my real pick, if he's declaring, to join the team.
Put the Christmas bottle down Bermuda. That kid is talented but there isn't enough pass when it comes to the Coach Prime drama with whoever takes him.

I think young Caleb will go way before the Steelers draft, like top five.
Besides, we need to fill some holes with these early picks so don’t think they will be thinking QB early.
They still think they have their guy in Kenny and they may be correct in thinking so.
First and foremast hire a very capable OC and QB Coach to give Kenny a chance to succeed.
Steelers aren’t giving up on him this quick.

They still think they have their guy in Kenny and they may be correct in thinking so.
First and foremast hire a very capable OC and QB Coach to give Kenny a chance to succeed.
Maybe not, but it will prove to be a mistake, Kenny doesn't have it. Even Mason by comparison was proven superior; he could actually look at more than one target per play. Light years ahead of Kenny.

I think young Caleb will go way before the Steelers draft, like top five.
Besides, we need to fill some holes with these early picks so don’t think they will be thinking QB early.

There's just no way in hell they're going to give up on Pickett after not even two years in this **** show offense.

Mason Rudolph got drafted in 2018. That's a lot of years learning. You'd think he has a few things down by now.

Kordell played so bad for so long I started to think he he blackmail pictures on Cowher.

Bradshaw had horrible games for numerous early years...**** the crazy Pittsburgh fans had an effigy of him with a noose around his neck at some games. Speaking of that no wonder he's so ****** up.

Ben is the only guy I can think of who stepped right in and everyone went **** yeah! Of course he had a championship team built he walked onto.

Hell, if I know if Kenny is the guy, but we all should know just how the Steelers operate by now.

I can see a lot of changes this offseason in regards to staff and power. I could see a late round qb being taken and definitely a free agent veteran being brought in.

This team changing anything is like pulling faw king teeth anyway.

And it's always too late and after the fact. See the last 3 weeks prior.

Maybe not, but it will prove to be a mistake, Kenny doesn't have it. Even Mason by comparison was proven superior; he could actually look at more than one target per play. Light years ahead of Kenny.

Rudolph has been with the Steelers since 2018. I'd hope he would have learned something after that many years.

Love this. I've already jumped on Shedur Sanders' bandwagon and I think he could use one more season in college. The kid, however, is already a leader and he can ball. Tough and accurate as well...

Shedur is my real pick, if he's declaring, to join the team.
Pass. I don’t want the Deion Sanders circus anywhere near the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Here is what I do. I sit Kenny for the remainder of the season. Even if he is healed pretty good its gonna be a spat and barely move. I start Rudolph next week and if similar performance the last game. If he is playing well I can cut mitch and save 4 million which I can move to Rudolph. And who starts next season is dependant on camp and pre season. I think the biggest problem is start Kenny he is still injured a bit and he plays poorly. Then you have a qb controversy based upon one game. Kenny won games when healthy. Let's see what Mason can do over three.

Last edited:
Let's face it - we need a third QB next season.

I know the kid embarrassed himself (at least I think so) by crying in momma's lap after losing his 3rd game of the season; but...

Would you consider him, if available (in any round but the 1st)???

As a veteran, I know that you can teach leadership. His football talents are above the line...

Thoughts???
He’s not going to drop that far, and if he did, there would have to be something else that came up that would make me pass.

Here is what I do. I sit Kenny for the remainder of the season. Even if he is healed pretty good its gonna be a spat and barely move. I start Rudolph next week and if similar performance the last game. If he is playing well I can cut mitch and save 4 million which I can move to Rudolph. And who starts next season is dependant on camp and pre season. I think the biggest problem is start Kenny he is still injured a bit and he plays poorly. Then you have a qb controversy based upon one game. Kenny won games when healthy. Let's see what Mitch can do over three.

Here is what will probably happen… the Ravens will lose next week and Cleveland will win so the Rats will need to win the final week to get the division and potentially the bye.
So we will probably play Mason against Seattle. Seattle is a bottom of the middle tier pass defense. Mason will look ok, not as great as he did vs the bad Pass D of Cinci, but decent enough… but we will lose and the final game will be for nothing significant… then we will play Kenny vs the Ravens great D and somehow their inexplicable pass rush and get the guy broken for the offseason because that ankle surgery to rush him back could have used extra time like any injury…

Just basically pick the worse case scenario for qb development or long term success and we will make it happen lol..

We probably find a way to break the throwing arm of the next guy we draft just before we give him his first start… then start him anyway

I know I am supposed to play the game, but if there was ANY circumstance in which he was available to the Steelers the Steelers would, in fact, sprint to the podium ... to draft the renowned punter from WTF State.

nah. i'd pass on him for Daniels or Nix.

Here is what I do. I sit Kenny for the remainder of the season. Even if he is healed pretty good its gonna be a spat and barely move. I start Rudolph next week and if similar performance the last game. If he is playing well I can cut mitch and save 4 million which I can move to Rudolph. And who starts next season is dependant on camp and pre season. I think the biggest problem is start Kenny he is still injured a bit and he plays poorly. Then you have a qb controversy based upon one game. Kenny won games when healthy. Let's see what Mitch can do over three.

Ummmm, I’m pretty sure you meant Mason.!!!

I too, would sit KP8 rest of season regardless.

I’d play Rudy and get more feel for his ability and not just trust Ford’s love affair.

Salute the nation

Just for fun, draft or pass on any of the top QBs:

Caleb Williams - DRAFT
Drake Maye - DRAFT
Jayden Daniels - DRAFT
Bo Nix - PASS
Michael Penix Jr. - PASS

And UFA QBs:
Kirk Cousins - SIGN
Ryan Tannehill - PASS
Baker Mayfield - SIGN
Gardner Minshew - PASS

Just for fun, draft or pass on any of the top QBs:

Caleb Williams - DRAFT
Drake Maye - Pass
Jayden Daniels - DRAFT
Bo Nix - PASS
Michael Penix Jr. - DRAFT

And UFA QBs:
Kirk Cousins - SIGN
Ryan Tannehill - PASS
Baker Mayfield - PASS
Gardner Minshew - PASS
Not too far off yours with a few exceptions. I like Daniels a lot. Penix I am on the fence about but would be ok with a 2nd round look.

Almost went sign Mayfield but another on the fence. But might be biased with his clown showings...

Let's face it - we need a third QB next season.

I know the kid embarrassed himself (at least I think so) by crying in momma's lap after losing his 3rd game of the season; but...

Would you consider him, if available (in any round but the 1st)???

As a veteran, I know that you can teach leadership. His football talents are above the line...

Thoughts???
You may be able to teach leadership, but this coaching staff cannot. They can't even teach fundamentals to the point where you have consistent performance game to game. Three stinkers and one great game. In any case, the Steelers will not give up on Pickett after investing a first round pick. How may years did we put up with Mark Malone and Kordell, who I believe was a second round pick. If they draft a QB at all, it probably won't be before the fourth round.