• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I am liking the Steelers draft in 2023 so far.

Because he is an attention *****. Besides he should like it you can find all his drivel in one thread. I don't get some of yinz affection for this mouth foaming breather. He steals **** from other sites and then comes up with head scratching breakdowns of what he read and turns it into his "opinion". In the process knocks the front office and disses the players. Often making up **** in the process.

If you want to watch a clown go to a circus.
dont like him dont hate him. but the board is a better place with him on it.

Washington has a good timed speed, but at times it looks like he's running in quick sand. That's probably more of a product of his stride and height, but I think he has a long way to go to refine his skills as a receiver, which is fine.

He plays fast. Washington ran mostly seam routes for UGA mainly because Bowers is so freaking good at slants, curls, and basically every route. I don't really remember him dropping balls. I read somewhere he had 43 catches on just 54 targets. That is 80%. Must not have dropped many.

dont like him dont hate him. but the board is a better place with him on it.
Is it? He offers what? You can read his opinions on the web. He won't pay for wasting bandwidth. He again disses players and coaches repetitively. Not occasionally, but daily.

Again I don't see the attraction. But you are entitled to your opinion. Just remember he had a hand in causing a great knowledgeable Steeler fanatic to leave. But hey you don't have to hunt down Walter footballs opinion right? Well almost his opinion he will slam the player after he butchers what he read.

He plays fast. Washington ran mostly seam routes for UGA mainly because Bowers is so freaking good at slants, curls, and basically every route. I don't really remember him dropping balls. I read somewhere he had 43 catches on just 54 targets. That is 80%. Must not have dropped many.
No doubt. I think he'll eventually develop into a good receiver. Like ILB, the money rounds for drafting a great tight end are in the second and third.

Didn't Freiermuth miss time due to concussions? Don't the Steelers need a legit plan B at TE if Muth is dinged again? Don't teams try to draft BPA and avoid drafting for need, i.e., "Troy Edwards Scenario"? Don't the Steelers play 12 offense 35% of the time?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. You are just wrong here dude. If Muth is out with another concussion, do you seriously believe the team is okay with Gentry as the starting TE?

Now do the same with Darnell Washington.

Do you know why he caught "only" 28 balls (but averaged more than 16 YPC)? Because Georgia has the best TE in college in Brock Bowers, who will be a top-10 pick next year. Bowers runs a full route tree, is durable, has amazing hands and demands the ball. If Washington was on Ohio State or Alabama, he catches 50 passes.

But did Washington ***** and whine? No, he simply destroyed DE's and LBers, and caught balls for an average or 16.4 YPC. Maybe you're not aware but that's a lot for a TE.

No, he had "knee swelling." He never missed a game due to injury. Teams that passed on him due to medical concerns are going to need a doctor to look after the LBers Washington buries.
Some excellent points, and I'd like to add that Washington was still productive enough to finish in the top 20 (17th) in the country in receiving yards by a tight end last season. While playing second fiddle in Georgia's passing game to a generational talent in Bowers.

And I would imagine that the Steelers are planning to run even more 2-TE sets this year, given the fact that they did not draft a wide receiver.

Gee, I would not have guessed juding by the view and replies. Not that I count them or post them for you. Did I miss the 5 annual Houston Cougars thread?
I do one thread pimping the cougars. those are all my thoughts and I post most updates to that thread. the only exceptions are if articles are written about one of my guys I sometimes make them a stand alone thread.

Some excellent points, and I'd like to add that Washington was still productive enough to finish in the top 20 (17th) in the country in receiving yards by a tight end last season. While playing second fiddle in Georgia's passing game to a generational talent in Bowers.

And I would imagine that the Steelers are planning to run even more 2-TE sets this year, given the fact that they did not draft a wide receiver.
Here is the thing. A TE can be ok to good at blocking but never be more than that and flourish as a pass catcher. This is probably the norm. Then you have the occasional TE that not only excels at blocking but takes pride in it. This is Washington. When you run two TE sets you like one of the TE to fit this bill. Some players just like to get physical and are good at it. On a team that wants and desires to run effectively Washington just makes sense.

Here is the thing. A TE can be ok to good at blocking but never be more than that and flourish as a pass catcher. This is probably the norm. Then you have the occasional TE that not only excels at blocking but takes pride in it. This is Washington. When you run two TE sets you like one of the TE to fit this bill. Some players just like to get physical and are good at it. On a team that wants and desires to run effectively Washington just makes sense.
Absolutely. That's what makes Washington such a steal late in the third round, in my opinion. He has the potential to be not just good, but great at both blocking and making huge plays in the passing game.

Eh. Fans overthink it.
Just put the guy in there who can demonstrate blocking and catching intangibles at the position. TE is pretty self explanatory. Block and be a receiver when needed.

Everything else is just filler to make the game more complicated than it needs to be

So now I have multiple accounts here? Your'e crazy. And a bit obsessed with me.

So now I have multiple accounts here? Your'e crazy. And a bit obsessed with me.
Always possible. I wouldn't put it passed you and your ego. Obsessed? If you left the board I wouldn't give you a second thought. Except the times a troll would come in and say the occasional idiotic incoherent ramble. Then he might remind me of you.

I do one thread pimping the cougars. those are all my thoughts and I post most updates to that thread. the only exceptions are if articles are written about one of my guys I sometimes make them a stand alone thread.

Whatever. You post one thread and update the same a tchotchke over and over again, for a non power 5 team that few give a crap about. But go on post away if it makes you happy.

Whatever. You post one thread and update the same a tchotchke over and over again, for a non power 5 team that few give a crap about. But go on post away if it makes you happy.
well in a few short days they will be a Big XII school

and this current non power 5 school had 4 kids drafted, which is more than many power 5 schools had

I clearly state that I know few here give a **** about my UH pimping....but for the few that do it gives them insight into players they likely never saw play. I watch every game several times to form my opinions on the players I pimp. I try to be open minded and fair in my analysis. I see their flaws as well as their positives. Of the guys I pimped I was spot on as to when they would be drafted

I don't critique guys I don't watch play a lot and I don't swipe my analysis from other sites.

Only speak for yourself. You don't represent anyone else here on this site. He at least watches his prospects and reports on them. He doesn't come back after the draft saying this or that player has this or that deficiency because he didn't like that they didn't pick a Houston player. I have yet to see you get through a day without dissing a coach or player. So you deserve all your crap rolled into one thread dingleberry.

Tell the to your Buddy with the shades and hat. And you sure a heck do not repent me. My thoughts are my own here. Give it a rest already.

Tell the to your Buddy with the shades and hat. And you sure a heck do not repent me. My thoughts are my own here. Give it a rest already.
more than once your "thoughts" have been found verbatim on other sites.....

and I'm sorry after reading your "analysis" all these years, the tone and language in your current "analysis" does not read like your typical posts

so if I gave a **** anymore I bet it came from elsewhere..

but i just don't give a **** anymore

Last edited:
So we didn’t really “Need” anything… it was a good idea to try to bolster the Tackle position and to bring in CB and DT pieces to both improve depth and plan for future roster shortcomings, same with Olb.. because we don’t know what is happening with Highsmith

but after that it was simply upgrading or adding depth…

Washington is, at minimum, a blocking TE like Gentry. He has far more upside as a pass catcher. Assuming that Heyward is labled the FB this season, they could keep Muth, Gentry and Washington… that gives them a lot of size and options … it was definitely worth a third round pick… especially since Muth is due an extension soon and we might have to move him when pickets new deal comes due…

YAWN... Tomlin does not have a lap top of computer screen in the war room nor did he last year. Only you " think " I don't watch college football. I have posted mocks before and every year state who I would have selected right after the draft ends. You don't do this. But I invite you to do so. You sir are lame. Maybe you have a small um, head to house your brain.
Show the evidence Dumbass. Post a screen shot from the war room that was broadcast on Thursday through Saturday. Do the same for last year, but Colbert did not allow NFL films cameras in the war room for the 2022 draft. The Steelers had some video but not of the war room. we know you won’t post them, because you never prove anything you claim.

Your track history shows you don‘t watch much college football, other than the casual observer. Nothing like your claim of knowledge of players. You wouldn’t know a Power 5 school unless someone told you to begin with. Arm chairing draft picks AFTER they have been made isn’t worth a discussion thread. Giving a prediction post and THEN having dialogue afterwords is worth a discussion thread. Those folks who put the time and effort (See Ford’s recent thread) is what the board enjoys. Not the clown who thinks saying what he thinks the right answers of a test are after the answers have been given out. Now that is lame.

As for my head size, your past history on expressing incorrect head sizes are in the archives and pretty much your signature calling card on this board.

Show the evidence Dumbass. Post a screen shot from the war room that was broadcast on Thursday through Saturday. Do the same for last year, but Colbert did not allow NFL films cameras in the war room for the 2022 draft. The Steelers had some video but not of the war room. we know you won’t post them, because you never prove anything you claim.

Your track history shows you don‘t watch much college football, other than the casual observer. Nothing like your claim of knowledge of players. You wouldn’t know a Power 5 school unless someone told you to begin with. Arm chairing draft picks AFTER they have been made isn’t worth a discussion thread. Giving a prediction post and THEN having dialogue afterwords is worth a discussion thread. Those folks who put the time and effort (See Ford’s recent thread) is what the board enjoys. Not the clown who thinks saying what he thinks the right answers of a test are after the answers have been given out. Now that is lame.

As for my head size, your past history on expressing incorrect head sizes are in the archives and pretty much your signature calling card on this board.

Watch your screen dufus! Tomlin did not have a pc screen in the war room this year or last year. I saw it on film and the still shots. Why don't you " try " to disprove me? I don't see any PC device in front of Tomlin! He must magically know it all and not need any PC's like the rest of the room. Focus you tiny head here. Got it, Mr. Dunning Kruger Here is your proof.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...s-lose-analytics-front-office-member-to-jets/

So now you change you opinion to don't watch college football to I watch some college football? :confused1: You clearly don't know me. If the link doesn't work for your try searching the internet on the topic. The image may be protected.

- Coach

Last edited:
YAWN... Tomlin does not have a lap top of computer screen in the war room nor did he last year. Only you " think " I don't watch college football. I have posted mocks before and every year state who I would have selected right after the draft ends. You don't do this. But I invite you to do so. You sir are lame. Maybe you have a small um, head to house your brain.
who the hell cares if Tomlin has a computer in front of him

The names are all up on the wall, there are multiple TVs and other large computer screens around the room.

They have scouts in there ready to answer any questions about the guys they are thinking about or whatever else may come up

you focus on the most idiotic topics to try and bash Tomlin

get the **** over yourself

BACON has always been my # 1 choice, with or without a computer screen.

If by chance with computer screen here is a helpful hint: Sautee the screen for 30-40 minutes before adding BACON.

Salute the nation