• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I am liking the Steelers draft in 2023 so far.

who the hell cares if Tomlin has a computer in front of him

The names are all up on the wall, there are multiple TVs and other large computer screens around the room.

They have scouts in there ready to answer any questions about the guys they are thinking about or whatever else may come up

you focus on the most idiotic topics to try and bash Tomlin

get the **** over yourself

Small head asked me for the evidence so...

I want a head coach aware of what going on. Everyone is the room has a PC device or screen! Tomlin has a note book to scribble on. He's a dinosaur in this regard. He doesn't give an in depth 1 on 1 interviews or really allow for a camera crew like Hard Knocks which would either quickly confirm or expose him.

Here is what is known, he can not hire anyone good as the OC. That much is proven at it will be at least SEVEN years since we won a playoff game. The last coach to do that is...you tell me. Are your happy now? Now back to our excellent 2023 draft and free agency signings.

I want a head coach aware of what going on. Everyone is the room has a PC device or screen! Tomlin has a note book to scribble on. He's a dinosaur in this regard. He doesn't give an in depth 1 on 1 interviews or really allow for a camera crew like Hard Knocks which would either quickly confirm or expose him.

Here is what is known, he can not hire anyone good as the OC. That much is proven at it will be at least SEVEN years since we won a playoff game. The last coach to do that is...you tell me. Are your happy now? Now back to our excellent 2023 draft and free agency signings.
why are you asking yourself for stuff?

as I stated Tomlin has people to keep him up to date on everything he doesn't need to be looking at a screen

There is absolutely, positively no reason for any Steeler fan to be upset about this draft. I was a little disheartened that Branch almost fell to us again, only to be snatched up right before us, but we still made a great pick, and Branch may not have been the pick anyway. I guess time will tell.

as I stated Tomlin has people to keep him up to date on everything he doesn't need to be looking at a screen

He's figure head and cheerleading type of coach who has every one up dating him and when they don't perform he fires them and badly hire's a new guy. Is that what you say saying?

You did not answer my question again are you happy that it will be at least SEVEN years until we win a playoff game? Do you think Tomlin is good at hiring OC and commenting on offensive football?

He's figure head and cheerleading type of coach who has every one up dating him and when they don't perform he fires them and badly hire's a new guy. Is that what you say saying?

You did not answer my question again are you happy that it will be at least SEVEN years until we win a playoff game? Do you think Tomlin is good at hiring OC and competing on offensive football?
I have posted my views on the offensive side of this team

you trying to use the lack of a computer in front of the head coach in the draft room as a way to bash Tomlin is ******* comical

I've already explained why it is unnecessary

your figurehead comment is just ******* idiotic. A figurehead would not be making any decisions nor firing people they would just be coach in name only....dumbass

Didn't we used to ***** that Tomlin was too involved, and he should let his people do their jobs?

You did not answer my question again are you happy that it will be at least SEVEN years until we win a playoff game? Do you think Tomlin is good at hiring OC and commenting on offensive football?
Even Bradshaw said Tomlin is merely a cheerleader.

The problem I have with Tomlin is that the signs were there when on the first day on the job Canada walked in carrying this book.

51-Uv-F8-Po-Ce-L-SX392-BO1-204-203-200.jpg

I fully agree with this statement.

Tomlin / Kahn / Wiedl , all need NO screen to know what’s going on, especially with a big screen in the room.

They know players by memory and hear when they are off the board, YES, a glance at the big screen and their BIG board will confirm anything they need to be refreshed on. They can also “sing out” any question they need aNSWERED.

Actually NOT having a monitor to track frees Coach Tomlin up for other heavy thinking / strategy .

Salute the nation

I fully agree with this statement.

Tomlin / Kahn / Wiedl , all need NO screen to know what’s going on, especially with a big screen in the room.

They know players by memory and hear when they are off the board, YES, a glance at the big screen and their BIG board will confirm anything they need to be refreshed on. They can also “sing out” any question they need aNSWERED.

Actually NOT having a monitor to track frees Coach Tomlin up for other heavy thinking / strategy .

Salute the nation

You need to watch the good modern day NFL coaches. They are all more involved and the all have pc's and smart devices. Tomlin does not. I don't see him using one during the draft in 2023 and 2022, nor have I ever. If a team offer a trade he can view it on his screen. Yet he has none. He is watching with his eyes wide shut. There is a reason why all good executives have a pc device with them you know. To collaborate, share ideas, and get real time information. It also helps not yelling across the room, that is is you want no one on TV , The web, or the internet to see / hear it.

One of the many reasons he is not up to standard. A small reason, yes but I find his ability to hire questionable, his X and O coaching / strategy if he does it to suck, and his ability to communicate with his QB to be non existant during the games. But hey I'd have a beer with him. I'll take an iron city please.

You need to watch the good modern day NFL coaches. They are all more involved and the all have pc's and smart devices. Tomlin does not. I don't see him using one during the draft in 2023 and 2022, nor have I ever. If a team offer a trade he can view it on his screen. Yet he has none. He is watching with his eyes wide shut. There is a reason why all good executives have a pc device with them you know. To collaborate, share ideas, and get real time information. It also helps not yelling across the room, that is is you want no one on TV , The web, or the internet to see / hear it.

One of the many reasons he is not up to standard. A small reason, yes but I find his ability to hire questionable, his X and O coaching / strategy if he does it to suck, and his ability to communicate with his QB to be non existant during the games. But hey I'd have a beer with him. I'll take an iron city please.
you just keep doubling don on this idiocy

they have big they could view any trade details on

they have dozens of people sitting in front of laptops

they don't need the head coach or GM doing that

please provide proof that any much less ALL the other head coaches are sitting in front of a laptop during the draft

Man you sure come up with some bizarre arse crap.

Watch your screen dufus! Tomlin did not have a pc screen in the war room this year or last year. I saw it on film and the still shots. Why don't you " try " to disprove me? I don't see any PC device in front of Tomlin! He must magically know it all and not need any PC's like the rest of the room. Focus you tiny head here. Got it, Mr. Dunning Kruger Here is your proof.

So now you change you opinion to don't watch college football to I watch some college football? :confused1: You clearly don't know me. If the link doesn't work for your try searching the internet on the topic. The image may be protected.

- Coach
I did dork. I even watched the live feed broadcasted by the Steelers themselves via their site.

Your ”proof” is not even a link. Learn how to use a CPU.

I never said you don’t watch college games, you don’t watch games related to player evaluation. You wouldn’t even know how to get the All-22 tape to properly assess like professionals. Otherwise folks do with watching games and spot shadowing the players to see their cues.

If you don’t think this head coach is aware of EVERYTHING that goes on in relation to the team, then you are clueless and not worth the time blowing apart most every uninformed opinion you have.

If he can’t hire anyone, then who was Todd Haley? Some of BR best years were under him. We high powered offense under his OC tenure. The fact that he rubbed Ben the wrong way, was the reason for his dismissal not his play calling. It’s just more of your revolving horseshit that dribbles out of your head.

You didn’t answer mine and show proof of your accusations. Like it matters, Coolie already explained what happens in the real world and not in your infantile mind.

Again, horseshit opinion with no proof.

“You’re questionable“ hiring philosophy and understanding X’s and O’s strategy, lol. Tomlin knows more about the game and coaching than you could ever converse intelligently.

This is one of the many reasons you aren’t up to any standard except being a constant attention seeker, who is compensating for something else.

they are in the same room they are not going to "collaborate" via laptops or any electronics.

trades likely are still called into the draft room so it is clear the trade request was received and they can discuss it quickly.

real time information is available on the TVs around the room and other monitors including the scouts and others who are sitting at laptops. Likely with each having specific tasks they are responsible for.

you are ******* reaching for a way to bash Tomlin

there are many valid reasons to do so, but this is idiotic

you just keep doubling don on this idiocy

they have big they could view any trade details on

they have dozens of people sitting in front of laptops

they don't need the head coach or GM doing that

please provide proof that any much less ALL the other head coaches are sitting in front of a laptop during the draft

The GM does need to see it! All other coaches don't have a screen? Oh boy. Keep sucking.

What I saw on the draft day video: Omar, Weidl and the scouts had PCs. Nobody was looking at them as the NFL Network cameras were in there. Unlike the Raiders, the Steelers had their tech turned off when the cams came in. Also, ARll, like Tomlin, has a HUGE binder of information in front of him to refer to.
Those would probably be the scouting reports of the players on their board. No need to have the scouting report of every draft eligible player. Only the ones you have on your board.

Tomlin is looking at his phone. The cloud is a wonderful thing. I'd assume that Tomlin could store things in the Steelers secure cloud and call them up on his phone on demand. Technology is wonderful. Smartphones are great.

I did dork. I even watched the live feed broadcasted by the Steelers themselves via their site.

Your ”proof” is not even a link. Learn how to use a CPU.

I never said you don’t watch college games, you don’t watch games related to player evaluation. You wouldn’t even know how to get the All-22 tape to properly assess like professionals. Otherwise folks do with watching games and spot shadowing the players to see their cues.

If you don’t think this head coach is aware of EVERYTHING that goes on in relation to the team, then you are clueless and not worth the time blowing apart most every uninformed opinion you have.

If he can’t hire anyone, then who was Todd Haley? Some of BR best years were under him. We high powered offense under his OC tenure. The fact that he rubbed Ben the wrong way, was the reason for his dismissal not his play calling. It’s just more of your revolving horseshit that dribbles out of your head.

You didn’t answer mine and show proof of your accusations. Like it matters, Coolie already explained what happens in the real world and not in your infantile mind.

Again, horseshit opinion with no proof.

“You’re questionable“ hiring philosophy and understanding X’s and O’s strategy, lol. Tomlin knows more about the game and coaching than you could ever converse intelligently.

This is one of the many reasons you aren’t up to any standard except being a constant attention seeker, who is compensating for something else.

Keep moving those goal post on what you say about me. I watched several Alabama games, thank you. Lord knows you won't answer the questions I want you to. Why?

Are you happy that it will be at least SEVEN years until we win a playoff game? Do you think Tomlin is good at hiring OC and commenting on offensive football? YES or NO.
I can show your proof of what I was talking about, man in the shades with a tiny head. You can figure of how to view the link that was protecting the image. Maybe you can't. Todd Haley was a good OC?? Bawhahaha. You remain a clown. At least we don't have to pay your " entertiament "

Keep moving those goal post on what you say about me. I watched several Alabama games, thank you. Lord knows you won't answer the questions I want you to. Why?

Are you happy that it will be at least SEVEN years until we win a playoff game? Do you think Tomlin is good at hiring OC and commenting on offensive football? YES or NO.
I can show your proof of what I was talking about, man in the shades with a tiny head. You can figure of how to view the link that was protecting the image. Maybe you can't. Todd Haley was a good OC?? Bawhahaha. You remain a clown. At least we don't have to pay your " entertiament "
You are just a hot mess. If you have a handicap let us know so that we can understand why you are mentally challenged. Your laptop discussion is beyond ridiculous. Wow you watched two Alabama games. I am so impressed. Even if you did, I doubt you could grasp what you saw. I still think like usual you are just making **** up.

Best/worse scenarios
( these are personal opinions of the basic scenario for each guy… I know the best case for each of these guys is that they are all hall of famers that redefine the position and all take league minimum contracts for the 15 years they spend with the club… and the worse is that they bust after a couple of seasons where they tank our season and then join militant terrorist political groups and live on in infamy for eternity… thats not the perspective here lol)

1 14. OT Broderick Jones (Georgia)
Best: He puts everything together and becomes the star anchor at LT for the next decade or more
Worse: They cant coach his few bad habits out of him and he never rises above an average tackle… in four years they either move on from him or move him inside
2 32. CB Joey Porter Jr. (Penn State)
Best: The guy turns into tge physical, shutdown corner we are missing and rules the defensive backfield for a decade
Worse: His grabby hands gets him penalized too much and he lives out his days as a depth CB
2 49. IDL Keeanu Benton (Wisconsin)
Best: he becomes the run stopping NT we have needed forever who isnt a liability in the pass rush
Worse: teams just pass all over us when he is in there and he gets regulated to a short yardage role only
3 93. TE Darnell Washington (Georgia)
Best: His blocking takes tge running game to new heights and he uses his massive size to compensate for a lack of speed in the passing game, giving us a super dangerous 2nd TE option
Worse: Washington’s Knees cannot handle tge repetitive pounding of a 270 lb guy running downfield so much and he becomes an injury prone mess
4 132. OLB Nick Herbig (Wisconsin)
Best: This guy turns into a modern day Greg Lloyd
Worse: lack of size and length dooms him to yet another OLB special teams ace only role
7 241. CB Cory Trice Jr. (Purdue)
Best: he stays healthy and fulfills his promise of his pre injury projections.. we end up with a super cheap top 3 level CB
Worse: Injury concerns wipe out his promise and he never amounts to anything
7 251. OG Spencer Anderson (Maryland)
Best: The staff got some extremely good info nobody else knew about this kid and he ends up a cheap utility lineman
Worse: the kids Versatility never translates to tge pros and he is cut after the preseason, never to be heard of again

What goal posts? I never said you don’t watch college games. Oh! You watch Bama on the tube….no shock there, they only are 90% of the time nationally broadcasted. Your reading comprehension is for 2nd graders. I said you don’t watch games for player reviews. Lord you yourself even said on this board in the past YOU DONT WATCH GAMES on players specifically. That IS IN the archives.

What questions did you ask me? Or are you referencing the SEVEN year absent playoff win prediction? Pay attention to your own posts Dumb ***, that question was directed at Coolie. Hell I’ll take your bet (again) that PIT will win a playoff game within seven years. You win, I’ll pay for a years subscription, so you can post, create threads and just overall be a paid nuisance to the board. If you lose however, you are banned from posting anything for a year. You won’t accept the bet, you’ve never owned up to any you submitted or even accepted. But it’s there if you have the balls to commit to your own bullshit.

Oh as for Tomlin he’s only hired 3 OC. Haley, playoffs the last four of his seven seasons. Fichtner, which was Ben’s request, who at first used Haley’s playbook, but allowed Ben to improvise more, with less success. Finally O’Canada, who I have criticized since his hire, documented for all to see.

As for how to view your proof, you didn’t give any, only a broken link Dumb ***. The link itself says it’s invalid, nor does it have encryption indicators for a file embedded. Quit while you are ahead, you will get to where you need to go faster.
Watch your screen dufus! Tomlin did not have a pc screen in the war room this year or last year. I saw it on film and the still shots. Why don't you " try " to disprove me? Focus you ti Here is your proof.

So now you change you opinion to don't watch college football to I watch some college football? :confused1: You clearly don't know me. If the link doesn't work for your try searching the internet on the topic. The image may be protected.

- Coach
My opinion of you hasn’t changed one bit since TMC ran circles around you in discussing about football, players and coaches. He whipped your *** like a dog owner rubbing his dog’s nose in his own **** to teach him a lesson.

You are a preening imbecile whose narcissism is pathetic and worrisome at the same time. But you are right, I don’t know you other than behind the keyboard. But I got a pretty good idea if it’s the same in the public arena.

As my uncles used to say to ******** like you…Vaffanculo.

Last edited:
Man you sure come up with some bizarre arse crap.

That is part of his entertainment value………. Crap.

I don’t see all other NFL coaches using PCs / tablets / internet at critical times when they have their team of scouts / GMs / Owners / draft day personnel / etc.. I hardly ever see head coaches even on the sidelines of actual games with anything in their possession, I do see a lot of assistant coaches / some coordinators / a lot of players with those devises.

Salute the nation

READ my point directly above this.Post. My post #123.

I hear what you are trying to say, but can’t find a definite proof of your severity of thinking.

Salute the nation