• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

IF the season…………….. ended NOW

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We would be in 2nd place in the division and 6th seed in the play offs…….

How does that make you feel?

Coach Tomlin would have his “non-losing” season and a chance to extend his 7 year no playoff game win.

HellA season boys.!!

The reality is this, the season hasn’t ended YET. I’m outside looking in as to if this team makes the playoffs. It would also take something pretty catastrophic for them to actually win this division. Anything can happen.

I can see a 7-10 to a 11-6 season, not much more or less.

What’s some of your takes on season end ?

Salute the nation

Right now, the only way we get to 10 wins is with a lot of luck as we have been doing to be 4-3. I'm thinking they will somehow reach the non-losing season at 9-8. This team is not very good and even if they find a way into the playoffs, they will get smacked around and be one and done.

However, if teams keep double and triple-teaming Watt and keep him from wreaking havoc, we really have little chance. I know he's been injured with his heel and that has slowed him a little but when he is triple-teamed, Highsmith and others need to get to the QB and get sacks. Highsmith started the season off well but isn't doing much either. If he is getting double-teamed as well (I really haven't watched him as closely as Watt), then others should be getting pressure and sacks. Tomlin should see this happening games ago and sent a 5th guy at times to take advantage of this. Someone on FB was spewing that Highsmith has been dropping into coverage 30% of the time. Maybe that is true but I certainly haven't seen it. I see him going after the QB every play he is in the game.

Looking at the schedule, I’d guess the Steelers go 5-5 the rest of the season, if they lose tonight 4-6. playoffs are an iffy proposition.

Right now, the only way we get to 10 wins is with a lot of luck as we have been doing to be 4-3. I'm thinking they will somehow reach the non-losing season at 9-8. This team is not very good and even if they find a way into the playoffs, they will get smacked around and be one and done.

However, if teams keep double and triple-teaming Watt and keep him from wreaking havoc, we really have little chance. I know he's been injured with his heel and that has slowed him a little but when he is triple-teamed, Highsmith and others need to get to the QB and get sacks. Highsmith started the season off well but isn't doing much either. If he is getting double-teamed as well (I really haven't watched him as closely as Watt), then others should be getting pressure and sacks. Tomlin should see this happening games ago and sent a 5th guy at times to take advantage of this. Someone on FB was spewing that Highsmith has been dropping into coverage 30% of the time. Maybe that is true but I certainly haven't seen it. I see him going after the QB every play he is in the game.

That's just it, this defensive scheme doesn't call for a 5th guy blitz. They rely on TJ's all world and get him hindered by 2 guys. It's a 4 man rush with very little blitz.

Salute the nation

That's just it, this defensive scheme doesn't call for a 5th guy blitz. They rely on TJ's all world and get him hindered by 2 guys. It's a 4 man rush with very little blitz.

Salute the nation
This is a huge part of the problem. They can put 2 big uglies on Watt if they want along with a TE or a RB if we only rush 2 big uglies. 2 games ago, they started sending Peterson some but they need to send an ILB shooting up one of the gaps periodically to keep them guessing along with someone shooting around the outside.

9-8 no playoffs. The standard is the standard. Watts career wasted just like Heywards and even Ben’s prime years. The national media continues to slobber over Shades “streak”. Canada will be scapegoat for this year. Austin up next to sacrifice 2024.

9-8 no playoffs. The standard is the standard. Watts career wasted just like Heywards and even Ben’s prime years. The national media continues to slobber over Shades “streak”. Canada will be scapegoat for this year. Austin up next to sacrifice 2024.
Interesting topic....great /good players having wasted careers.
2 come to mind right away...Barry Sanders, Joe Thomas.

This is a huge part of the problem. They can put 2 big uglies on Watt if they want along with a TE or a RB if we only rush 2 big uglies. 2 games ago, they started sending Peterson some but they need to send an ILB shooting up one of the gaps periodically to keep them guessing along with someone shooting around the outside.
If thats the case---

Mr. "big contact" Highsmith needs to step the buck up!

The reality is this, the season hasn’t ended YET. I’m outside looking in as to if this team makes the playoffs. It would also take something pretty catastrophic for them to actually win this division. Anything can happen.

Superbowl = No
AFC Championship = No
AFCN Championship = No

9-8, 10-7 winning season? Probably. Which means a repeat.

I would be happy because I would get to watch a playoff game with the Steelers.

I desire more than that but yeah doesn't take away my joy, that I get to watch a Steelers playoff game.

Now that joy might turn to sadness by the end of the game... but yeah .

I would be happy because I would get to watch a playoff game with the Steelers.

I desire more than that but yeah doesn't take away my joy, that I get to watch a Steelers playoff game.

Now that joy might turn to sadness by the end of the game... but yeah .

It would be a tragic event right now. Too many teams have their **** together at the moment and the Steelers do not....lol.

We would be in 2nd place in the division and 6th seed in the play offs…….

How does that make you feel?

Coach Tomlin would have his “non-losing” season and a chance to extend his 7 year no playoff game win.

HellA season boys.!!

Salute the nation
“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria

Wow DIC...

Your really going out on that limb on that final record prediction!
;)

Well I was leaving room for if in case Matt Canada started calling the “O” from on the sidelines……..

Salute the nation

and then there is me...I don't give a **** either way. I love to come here the morning after and read the meltdowns though. :)
I've never known a fan who doesn't care if his team won. Hmmm.