• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

IF we went receiver with the 1st pick in the draft...

Worthy

With what they have showed so far? An aggressive mindset. For me they take the more aggressive prospect but riskier in Mims or trade up for a WR. That is the vibes I get from seeing their new limited sample...
Why would we trade up for a WR? WRs are easier to find than other positions we need. We cant afford to give up draft capital for a WR. I think we would have much better luck w/ a 3rd or 4th round WR vs a 3rd or 4th round C. WR is definitely a glaring need, but moving up to draft one is not the move.

Why would we trade up for a WR? WRs are easier to find than other positions we need. We cant afford to give up draft capital for a WR. I think we would have much better luck w/ a 3rd or 4th round WR vs a 3rd or 4th round C. WR is definitely a glaring need, but moving up to draft one is not the move.
They showed interest in a guy that would require a trade up. They also showed last year they are willing to be aggressive. Do I think they will? No. But with how they showed last draft, I couldn't rule it out completely.

I agree with this class being rich at the position. I would actually draft two WRs. And would be fine if they were say acquired in the 3rd and 6th.

I really don’t get this way of thinking. You say we already have a RT that is capable,meaning Jones. We moved up last year to take arguably the top LT in the draft. Why the hell would we keep him at RT? LT is the most important position on the line. We have our LT his name is Jones. This is supposed a deep draft on the Line. Let’s get a RT who played RT. If it’s deep we might get one in the 2nd or 3rd as well.
Futhermore…what’s the difference in salary between a top LT vs RT? You think Jones doesn’t know it? Put the kid in where he should be.

Kendrick Green played 4 ******* games at Center in his college career. Only because their starter got hurt. 4 ******* games. Zero in high school. Let’s throw the rookie in as center in the NFL game one. What could go wrong?
He should sue Tomlin and Company for incompetence Or fraud for masquerading as a NFL coach.

Let’s keep the guys drafted in their natural positions. At least until the 5th round.

I really don’t get this way of thinking. You say we already have a RT that is capable,meaning Jones. We moved up last year to take arguably the top LT in the draft. Why the hell would we keep him at RT? LT is the most important position on the line. We have our LT his name is Jones. This is supposed a deep draft on the Line. Let’s get a RT who played RT. If it’s deep we might get one in the 2nd or 3rd as well.
Futhermore…what’s the difference in salary between a top LT vs RT? You think Jones doesn’t know it? Put the kid in where he should be.

Kendrick Green played 4 ******* games at Center in his college career. Only because their starter got hurt. 4 ******* games. Zero in high school. Let’s throw the rookie in as center in the NFL game one. What could go wrong?
He should sue Tomlin and Company for incompetence Or fraud for masquerading as a NFL coach.

Let’s keep the guys drafted in their natural positions. At least until the 5th round.
maybe someone will get it now.

The best teams were all drafting speed and hands were drafting fat ***** tomlin does doesn’t get it! we will never get to the big show with him calling the shots pure n simple

NOW the 49ers are saying Deebo Samuel may be had via trade.

Thomas to my mind was a no brainer! nfl defenses now can defense most wr#1’s nowadays taking them out of the game. so it falls on the #2 to come up with the big plays. Thomas is the prototype #2! With new qbs and the offense being do reliant on the run it’s going to fall on the #2 receiver to make big plays on third down. Not going to happen on this offense.