• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

IF we went receiver with the 1st pick in the draft...

If they don't get a DL in the first two rounds forget about it. Not much depth at the position this year.
What about at NT? I know some of us thought Benton was a NT candidate but I'm not sure it worked out that way. We need a NT. There are a few candidates out there.

What about at NT? I know some of us thought Benton was a NT candidate but I'm not sure it worked out that way. We need a NT. There are a few candidates out there.
Sweat is a good candidate for NT plus he is athletic enough to move laterally and create double teams wherever he goes.

Sweat is a good candidate for NT plus he is athletic enough to move laterally and create double teams wherever he goes.
They'd never use him how they should, he'd be wasted on our team until he goes to another team that would properly use him then he'd become a monster

It's the same situation as it's a thin spot in this draft. Also, the offense needs so much attention. They currently have three starting spots open (WR2, WR3, C) and need a major upgrade at OT. Other than CB3, the defensive side is at least set entering the season. Sure they could use younger talent at areas, but this offense is starved for talent right now.

we drafting on need or BPA
Both. BPA in need categories. You won't see a RB, TE, G, FS, and OLBer if they were BPA in 1,2 or 3.

They might try to maneuver up or down..but yeah.

Give the Rook a year to get even bigger and higher football IQ. He looked a bit slow or unsure at times so I'd give him the off season to shore things up before questioning his abilities or potential at NT.

I think they're gonna take Wiggins cb with first pick..
Maybe but they do have a 1 and 2 corner on the roster and no starting C , a T position needing upgrading and no 2 and 3 WR. If I was a betting man.....

They'd never use him how they should, he'd be wasted on our team until he goes to another team that would properly use him then he'd become a monster
We used Hampton correctly, although it started with Cowher and Dick LeBeau.

Maybe but they do have a 1 and 2 corner on the roster and no starting C , a T position needing upgrading and no 2 and 3 WR. If I was a betting man.....
If they think they are covered at RT by moving Jones there and having Moore stay the worst starting LT in the NFL, I'm gonna scream. Please tell me that's not their plan.

If they think they are covered at RT by moving Jones there and having Moore stay the worst starting LT in the NFL, I'm gonna scream. Please tell me that's not their plan.
I think their plan is to see who is available at BPA of need in each round unless they are enamored with a player requiring trade up. Then if they can't get a BPA at RT they will bring in a free agent backup. Not the most ideal situation but probably the course they take...

I think their plan is to see who is available at BPA of need in each round unless they are enamored with a player requiring trade up. Then if they can't get a BPA at RT they will bring in a free agent backup. Not the most ideal situation but probably the course they take...
Based on their traditional scouting, RT is a real possibility in the first round.

Based on their traditional scouting, RT is a real possibility in the first round.
If they go RT in the 1st followed up with C in the 2nd, and land 2 quality players, I could live with that. Will they? Tomlin will have a heart attack not going D in 1st two rounds. The only HC who needs his D to be polluted with high picks across the board, and still only fields a so-so D after spending the most $ on it.

It's the same situation as it's a thin spot in this draft. Also, the offense needs so much attention. They currently have three starting spots open (WR2, WR3, C) and need a major upgrade at OT. Other than CB3, the defensive side is at least set entering the season. Sure they could use younger talent at areas, but this offense is starved for talent right now.
And the only reason we are here is becuse sh-t drafting by Colbert/Tomlin. The last 5 drafts have been dog sh-t.

Probably not uncommon for a high value RT to be available at 20. I would think that is the pick as long as who they are targeting is there. I was thinking Mims due to his value taking a hit due to injury, lack of playing time. This guy has top 10 talent. If there not sure they will bypass that. Plus we know they have been working on the trenches and like Georgia players.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is the guy if they stand pat.

Which could require a round 2 trade up to secure their C.

Why not just take a left tackle then
The thinking is Jones is a natural LT. But sure they could leave him at RT and then draft a LT. Don't see why that would be off the table...