• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If you live in PA, you're probably gay

Spike

Reaction score
Federal judge strikes down same-sex marriage ban in Pennsylvania

By Reuters
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 14:39 EDT

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (Reuters) – A federal judge on Tuesday struck down Pennsylvania’s ban on same-sex marriage, the latest in a series of court decisions across the nation determining gay couples’ rights to wed.

The ruling makes Pennsylvania the 19th U.S. state to allow gay marriage in a trend that has gained momentum since the Supreme Court ruled last June that legally married same-sex couples are eligible for federal benefits.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA4J0S820140520

bmoritz

Reaction score
I just love how for years, the homosexual lobby kept saying "Put it to a vote, the people want gay marriage", then after being defeated time and time again (even in California) in votes, it became "The people are too stupid to know what they want, we have to use the court to FORCE it". I am sick and tired of the gay, gay, gay being jammed down our throats all the time. You want to be treated like everybody else? BS! You want your collective ***** kissed! No more!

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
You said jammed down your throat.

bmoritz

Reaction score
LOL Yeah, I probably should've thought of a better way to say that.

Spike

Reaction score
I am sick and tired of the gay, gay, gay being jammed down our throats all the time. You want to be treated like everybody else? BS! You want your collective ***** kissed! No more!

wait - it gets better

WNBA to Market to LGBT Community

Amid a surge of public opinion in favor of gay rights in the U.S., the WNBA is launching a campaign to market the league to the LGBT community, becoming the first pro sports league to specifically recruit gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender fans to its games.

With the marketing campaign, the WNBA is capitalizing on what it has known for years: The community makes up a significant portion of its fan base. The difference now is that the league is talking about it publicly and making it a deliberate part of its marketing strategy.

The launch of the effort coincides with a surge of political and legal advances for the gay-rights movement in the U.S., and shifting public opinion behind many of those advances.

The campaign, which begins with the debut of a website Wednesday, includes having teams participate in local pride festivals and parades, working with advocacy groups to raise awareness of inclusion through grassroots events and advertising with lesbian media.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...806470?pt=Array2012-08-09.html2012-08-04.html

------------------------

The LPGA can't be far behind

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
wait - it gets better

Don't be bringing your straight friends to the game and flaunting them all over the Twitter.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
arent wet t-shirt contests considered athletic events?

Spike

Reaction score
Seriously though, who else would go to woman's sporting event? Besides mud wrestling?

There is a survey floating around on the net, with over 500,000 responses. The question is, "Would you rather find $5 or have your local WNBA team win a championship?"

'Finding $5' is way ahead

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
You want to be treated like everybody else?
I believe that gay people should have the same right to lose half their **** in a divorce as I did.

bmoritz said:
You want your collective ***** kissed! No more!
You said "***** kissed".

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
wait - it gets better

Amid a surge of public opinion in favor of gay rights in the U.S., the WNBA is launching a campaign to market the league to the LGBT community, becoming the first pro sports league to specifically recruit gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender fans to its games.

With the marketing campaign, the WNBA is capitalizing on what it has known for years: The community makes up a significant portion of its fan base. The difference now is that the league is talking about it publicly and making it a deliberate part of its marketing strategy.

The launch of the effort coincides with a surge of political and legal advances for the gay-rights movement in the U.S., and shifting public opinion behind many of those advances.

The campaign, which begins with the debut of a website Wednesday, includes having teams participate in local pride festivals and parades, working with advocacy groups to raise awareness of inclusion through grassroots events and advertising with lesbian media.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...806470?pt=Array2012-08-09.html2012-08-04.html

------------------------

The LPGA can't be far behind

In women's tennis, I always cheer for the heterosexual.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

oicu8ad

Reaction score
I just love how for years, the homosexual lobby kept saying "Put it to a vote, the people want gay marriage", then after being defeated time and time again (even in California) in votes, it became "The people are too stupid to know what they want, we have to use the court to FORCE it". I am sick and tired of the gay, gay, gay being jammed down our throats all the time. You want to be treated like everybody else? BS! You want your collective ***** kissed! No more!

They want them kissed, licked, & pounded.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
06_msharapova_01.jpgSharipova makes me happy, growing up I was in mad love with Chrissy Everett Lloyd

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Pennsylvania becomes the 19th state to have their votes disregarded and gay marriage imposed upon them against their will.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Rights are not subject to legislation or judicial fiat. Gays have a right to be married, they have a right to the same spousal benefits as hetero couples. They don't have a right to force me to participate in the ceremony or cater the reception.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Rights are not subject to legislation or judicial fiat. Gays have a right to be married, they have a right to the same spousal benefits as hetero couples. They don't have a right to force me to participate in the ceremony or cater the reception.

Marriage is not a right. Not even regular marriage.

Owning guns is an explicit right and there are tons of restrictions on that right.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Marriage is not a right. Not even regular marriage.

Owning guns is an explicit right and there are tons of restrictions on that right.

matt is free association. Free association is a right. You are confusing religious sacrament with free association. do gays have the right to force your church to hold their wedding no because that violates your church is right to free association. Gays do have a right to all the same spousal privilege is a legal recognition that people marry in civil ceremonies have.

Scott T

Forefather
Reaction score
Legislating from the Bench is Ominstration way of doing gubmint

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
matt is free association. Free association is a right. You are confusing religious sacrament with free association. do gays have the right to force your church to hold their wedding no because that violates your church is right to free association. Gays do have a right to all the same spousal privilege is a legal recognition that people marry in civil ceremonies have.

There are typically two components to a marriage, a legal component and a religious component. In a legal marriage you can have the legal without the religious (people getting married by the Justice Of The Peace) but not the religious without the legal. If the gummint says that two gay people can get married, well, it is what it is. If a church says we don't want to marry gay people they should have that right too BUT I guarantee in a few years the govt will force them to do it or lose their tax exempt status because they're not doing something the govt wants them to do, using the aforementioned interracial marriage as an example.

The Libs here and everywhere will couch it and say that isn't the goal and won't happen (just like BommaCare won't end up being single-payer govt healthcare :rolleyes: ) but I guaran-damn-tee I'm right about that.

Last edited:

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
When someone can give me one single solitary example of how gay people getting married affects my life in any way, I might give a **** about this.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
My nephews are both up in arms over this and I just don't get it. I told them to get out of Clarion, see another part of the country and perhaps the world. All kinds of people out there. Most of them aren't all that bad. Backwoods hicks.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score

marriage is not free association. Legally it is on par with driving. It is not a right.

You are claiming that if straight marriage is legal then gays must also be allowed to do it. This assumes that there are no laws that exclude portions of the public. That all laws apply evenly to all people. That's not true.

Personally, i don't really care if there's gay marriage or not but it scares me that a single judge can just throw out a law that the public voted for. It should scare everybody. Maybe you are loving it today because it fits your own beliefs but what happens when it goes the other way?

Is that what we're doing now? Just ignoring the laws and doing whatever twitter demands?