• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'll post this here.....I didn't make it Political the NFL did..............

4f3tot.jpg

This quandary reminds me of the relationship people have with 'congress'.. 'Congress' has, what, a 5% approval rating and people vote for the criminal that 'represents' their district.

Week 1 ratings were down and it seems from the article that this year's ratings are able to better take into account streaming and DVR views which means that the 2020 ratings should be quite a bit higher even if they were about the same as last year sisnce they are capturing more views in the numbers. Despite that and despite everybody being starved for sports, the ratings were mostly down.

[h=1]Full NFL Week 1 Ratings Breakdown: Fox Up for Brady Bucs, Everyone Else Down[/h]https://www.outkick.com/full-nfl-week-1-ratings-breakdown-fox-up-for-brady-bucs-everyone-else-down-double-digits/

You mean segregating yourself from the rest of the country with your own special song based on color isn't a unifier?

All this is doing is creating more racism and exposing them as racists.

Just can't let it die. Noooo now it's fictional systematic racism. ****. White privilege..please. This is the dumbest most ****** up year ever. Complete window licking moronic bs.

Memes just seem to have a life of their own in spite of ongoing push back.

243420.png

The NFL season begins with most teams allowing no fans due to state government-mandated shutdowns. They've destroyed sports and entertainment. I just hope for comedy's sake that when the vaccine comes out Trump makes it a suppository so he can tell West Coast governors where to shove it.

HEddh3J.jpg

Didn't watch a down yesterday. Still checked in on how the Steelers did, but the sport just holds no charm right now at all. Strange feeling though losing interest in something you were fanatical about since a young age. But, had gradually been losing interest with the state of the NFL and "sports entertainment" for some time anyway.

Didn't watch a down yesterday. Still checked in on how the Steelers did, but the sport just holds no charm right now at all. Strange feeling though losing interest in something you were fanatical about since a young age. But, had gradually been losing interest with the state of the NFL and "sports entertainment" for some time anyway.

The real part that got me was when the league decided to screw everyone to ensure that the cheaters get the tainted trophies, and all the calls. This latest stuff is just the guarantee that I am disenfranchised by them.

I've been a VERY passionate fan since 1972. No more. The product is crap salami, wrapped in beer-barf bread. Other than that it's ok-ish.

The Steelers didn't cover the spread. The damn refs did everything they could to keep Denver in the game. I think the Donks had 5 third down conversions due to defensive penalties. And a kick return TD got called back for a bs block in the back. Pouncey had the name of a fallen police officer on his helmet.

West Ham losing in the last 5 minutes against Arsenal was a kick in the gut. That sucked.

Mostly, it was just too gorgeous a weekend to spend inside watching TV. I checked in on things. Watched good soccer (scoring has been way up so far) in the morning, but come afternoon, I was out and about.

Curious. It’s been two weeks, more if you count practice. How many new chinesevirus NFL player we had given all the closeness and stuff. Friend asked

Curious. It’s been two weeks, more if you count practice. How many new chinesevirus NFL player we had given all the closeness and stuff. Friend asked

Thank God all those homeless living on top of each other, with no medical care and terrible hygiene, already died off by the tens of thousands to open valuable hospital beds for all the sports figures catching the Chinese flu. Oh, and teachers, dead by the thousands given the exposure back in March. And doctors and nurses. And police. And firemen. And grocery clerks. And Walmart and Costco employees.

Old people dying from the Chinese flu? Pffft, the dead must consist of tens or hundreds of thousands of homeless, cops, firemen, teachers, doctors, nurses, grocery clerks, Walmart employees and Costco employees.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nfl-ratings-collapse-in-week-4/

NFL ratings collapse in week 4…

Here’s what is indisputable: ratings for the NFL are down, in some cases to an ugly degree.

Thursday Night Football (NFL Network) was down an astounding 70 percent from last year, but that comes with a huge caveat: last year’s game aired on NFL Network and Fox. Broadcast TV always jacks up ratings, and it’ll do the same thing when TNF returns to Fox later this season.

Still: only 5.41 million watched the Denver Broncos and the New York Jets play last Thursday.

Sunday Night Football (NBC) took a steep dive, falling 37 percent in viewership from last year. The matchup was substandard — a winless Philadelphia versus an injury-ravaged San Francisco — even if the game ended up being fairly decent. If there’s a worrying sign for the NFL, it’s Sunday night.

The CBS doubleheader also saw sharp declines due in large part to the shifting of Patriots-Chiefs to Monday night. A primo matchup vanished from the slate, and that sent the early game (primarily Chargers-Bucs) tumbling 32 percent to 9.95 million viewers, and the late game (Buffalo-Las Vegas) down 6 percent to 18.61 million viewers.

Monday night had the distinction of having two separate games running somewhat concurrently. Chiefs-Patriots drew 14.60 million viewers, more than the 14.02 million who’d watched last Monday’s Chiefs-Ravens game. (Again, a caveat: broadcast vs. cable.) On the other hand, the partially-cannibalized, partially-terrible Falcons-Packers game drew 8.65 million viewers, down 17 percent from last year.

ben-nfl.jpg

Too bad people aren't watching. There have been some very entertaining games and exciting finishes this year. The witching hour for the 1:00 pm slate on Red Zone every week is outstanding.

Too bad people aren't watching. There have been some very entertaining games and exciting finishes this year. The witching hour for the 1:00 pm slate on Red Zone every week is outstanding.

Good boy.

Too bad for who? I don't care about fantastic finishes, done means done. I don't even miss it a little.