• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm Just Going To Say it: If Donald Trump Was President, There Would Be No Car/Truck Shortage

Friend of mine , his daughter went to the Jersey shore for the week went to a seafood place for steamers..O h sorry we dont have any there is a shortage! A shortage of steamers? At the shore? Cmon..
The Buffalo Wild Wings in town has a shortage... of Buffalo Wings. Seriously. They're out.

Screw chips...Stick a 350 in there with points, condenser, rotor button, distributor cap, coil, spark plugs, spark plugs wires and a coil. Use a lid from a pack of matches to set the gap on your points and a timing light. No computer necessary.
A lost art, people today have to be warned not to drink the contents in the battery.

I have 2 vehicles, and both have wing windows.

From the article on chip shortages, toward the end... agenda emerges..

Tavares also said on Wednesday Stellantis could, if needed, boost planned spending on electrification beyond the more than 30 billion euros through 2025 it previously outlined. He added it also could raise the number of battery plants it plans to build beyond five, or raise those plants' planned capacity.

Stellantis will build three of the battery plants in Europe and two in North America, Tavares said. At least one of the North American plants will be in the United States and those sites will be announced before year-end.

That's the fear. And why the audits are so very important right now.
Need to get more Republicans involved counting votes at the local level. Which I think will happen.

If you are a fan of bluegrass, it doesn't get much better than the Seldom Scene, and yes Baby Blue is a great tune. Written by Bob Dylan a long time ago.

Interesting. A little OT but I just discovered Oscar Peterson recently. You familiar with him?

A lost art, people today have to be warned not to drink the contents in the battery.

I have 2 vehicles, and both have wing windows.
It’s a lost art because it is completely unnecessary. They make solid-state ignitions that eliminates the points and condenser and still work with a distributor.

This may be the most hilarious thread title on the board.

Well, besides "The Official Thread Dedicated to "Trump Winning." Nothing is funnier than seeing that in July, 2021. :ROFLMAO:

This board is truly a Margaret Mead anthropological study into the hearts and minds of the American right.

Can't say it's looking very good, or steady, or rational, or of sound mind. But that's been the case for years, at least you guys are consistent. 🏆 (y)

Last edited:
Yep. Dealer has been hounding me for my truck, so I took it in. He offered me, let's say, more than what it is worth, so I figured I'd trade. So I tried to negotiate a better price on the new vehicle, and was very kindly told pretty much the same thing. No incentives, nothing. I got up and left. I mean they only had a handful of new vehicles on the lot anyway.

Funny thing though.....Kia seems to have an abundance of new vehicles. I was looking at a Stinger GT2 two weeks ago and there were about 15 to choose from, not to mention nearly every other model they sell. Chevy dealer across the street? Nothin'.
I just sold my 2017 Tacoma to a dealer for more than I paid for it 4 years ago, but it was still in great shape. I tried to order a new Tundra and was told 9 months and they won't move off the sticker price. I can wait.

Hoping that in 5-6 months they solve this chip shortage nonsense. If that happens, and so many people being upside-down on their used cars/trucks after paying so much this past year, I'm guessing they'll have trouble selling new cars/trucks. Maybe I'll get a better deal, but I have the luxury of waiting.

This may be the most hilarious thread title on the board.

Well, after "The Official Thread Dedicated to "Trump Winning." Nothing is funnier than seeing that in July, 2021. :ROFLMAO:

This board is truly a Margaret Mead anthropological study into the hearts and minds of the American right.

Can't say it's looking very good, or steady, or rational, or of sound mind. But that's been the case for years, at least you guys are consistent. 🏆 (y)
Dude, if you can't see the deteriorating state of this country at the moment, then you must be as demented as the guy "in charge".

Companies would shift from ventilators to computer chips. Operation warp speed too.

Its complete bullshit that you can't walk into a dealership and order a car or truck, it's like some kind of third-world country.
So Trump would fix the problem created by his own trade war?

Screw chips...Stick a 350 in there with points, condenser, rotor button, distributor cap, coil, spark plugs, spark plugs wires and a coil. Use a lid from a pack of matches to set the gap on your points and a timing light. No computer necessary.

A supercharged 427 with would work for me. Just your standard racecar setup for the track..haha

So Trump would fix the problem created by his own trade war?

Are you kidding me? That article is 5 months old, and it puts most of the cause on increased demand from Covid shut-ins buying PCs and all the remote learning and working needs. And again, that was 5 months ago. Yes, Trump would've had this fixed by now. God knows how many Presidential diaper changes its going to take for Dementia Joe's administration to even publicly acknowledge the problem?

Food shortages.....
Car shortages.....
Worker shortages....

He doesn't care. He's selling children's finger paintings for million$ and taking 10% off the top. The rest of us can eat cake.

The Buffalo Wild Wings in town has a shortage... of Buffalo Wings. Seriously. They're out.
The biggest sports bar in my town stopped selling them too, but because they are too expensive. Crazy.

Joey braindead has us in a shortage but hey “OrANge MaN bAD”

My 5 year old Challenger is selling for $8-$12,000 more than when I bought it one year ago. 2 and 3 year-old cars are selling for more than they originally cost! Insane.

I wanted Trump to win clearly.

But in 2024? I almost want a Trump backed president that will be able to be reelected in 2028.
I can’t envision an argument he wasn’t the real winner. And I’ve heard them out. Some of what’s been said including by people I really respect defies any common sense. As long as this mail in voting without proper vetting occurs, it’ll be rigged.

The chip shortage started 18 months ago. If you think Trump could fix it, why didn't he do it before leaving office?.

During the 4 years of prosperity under Trump, the aim of the media and their demonrat cohorts was to provide a steady flow of manufactured crises to either oust him from office or to prevent his re-election.

As the country goes down the ******* under Biden, we're all good, nothing to see here.

If Trump was president today, I believe liberalism whould not have been completely destroyed but soundly defeated by the end of his second term. These media leftists realize he can't serve a third term, so whats the use. Sigh. What could have been.

Quite a few restaurants in this area are suffering from the wing shortage, and maybe everyone is. They either can't get them or they are crazy expensive.

I buy chicken from a butcher shop that sources them locally from an Amish farm. No shortage.

I buy chicken from a butcher shop that sources them locally from an Amish farm. No shortage.

Speaking of the Amish, I wonder how they're doing with this whole Covid thing? My guess would be okay, since they don't have TVs.