• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Charger Game

Lol.....yeah. Mike was following along Fields' season and saw he finished 4 and 2 and that was the deciding factor of wanting to trade for him. Not the 3 seasons of film on Fields. Nope. And to think Fields won those games all my himself ...really? Football is a team effort. From top to bottom. Just like Fields' record this season obviously isn not all on him. We have had great defense and dare I say some very good coaching up to this point.
Never said it was a deciding factor, you’re twisting words and making up scenarios never presented…simply said he likes arrow up guys and pedigree. To think Coach doesn’t know what other teams are doing is pretty naive
Meh. The Steelers werent that high on fields...

They could have had him for a first, even at the deadline last year... they passed
They could have gotten him for a second or third... they passed
Chicago was shopping him heavily..
There were rumors of some nameless team bidding against the Steelers at the end, but in this day and age, when no actual team is named, its probably just bs trying to drive up the price
Meh

Khan realized the only ones driving up the price were media click bait idiots, he had a value he was willing to pay. When the time was right pulled the trigger at HiS price

And no damn way they were going for him mid season last year when the KP-Canada debacle was unfolding.

Khan is smarter than that

He was a target, he played it cool
And got him for HiS perceived value

That’s a good negotiation

2 rooms that are way better now since Khan gutted and rebuilt them:

1) ILBs
2) QBs
And the OL, and OLB, and DBs

Hard to do worse than KP, T-biscuit as a 1-2, thank you Mr. Colbert for dropping that mess on the laps on your exit

did you see what jones did to bosa first play of the game? its on the interwebs somewhere. Baldinger?? cant remember.
Sure did. Jones is just a tad raw and playing injured…the talent is there

That’s a great way to open the game and take the hobbled player coming in and finish him with extreme prejudice.

Exactly how ya wanna open a redemption game.

Loved it

Never said it was a deciding factor, you’re twisting words and making up scenarios never presented…simply said he likes arrow up guys and pedigr. To think Coach doesn’t know what other teams are doing is pretty naive

Meh

Khan realized the only ones driving up the price were media click bait idiots, he had a value he was willing to pay. When the time was right pulled the trigger at HiS price

And no damn way they were going for him mid season last year when the KP-Canada debacle was unfolding.

Khan is smarter than that

He was a target, he played it cool
And got him for HiS perceived value

That’s a good negotiation
What is naive is thinking that Fields last six games had any impact on Tomlin's decision to trade for him vs the 3 years of film he already had on him. Fields could have lost his last six games and Tomlin would still have wanted to bring him in.

I getting more and more confident in Mr. Fields as well. He made a BIG step Sunday and my hopes is they continue baby spoon feeding more and more offe3nse to him. As his confidence grows, so does he.

Russ can sit and soon dress and be the #2 active.

Salute the nation
after 3 weeks it looks like we have a good qb situation. i don't know what sumlin is gonna do, but it's nice to have two capable qbs on the roster.