• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on the Atlanta game

I was at the game and from where I was sitting (fairly high in endzone seats), couldn't see clearly the penalty plays. Atlanta doesn't show replays very well or often. But I did just rewatched the game and the offsides on Watt....bs....Down by contact with Pickens....BS.....OPI on Pickens very ticky tack, I've seen push offs worst than that and not get called. When Johnston got hurt, should have been off setting penalties of holding and roughing the kicker (imo).
Oh, as usual, SteelerNation was spectacular here in Atlanta.

I haven't read the whole thread but...

The MOST IMPRESSIVE thing for me was - not seeing or hearing Dan Moore Jr.'s name because he was sucking. Maybe I'll retract that once I go back and watch the game again.

The refs gave ATL their lone TD - take that score off the board and they only score 3 points.
We haven’t heard Dan’s name because he has been steady Eddie. Play well and it is hard to be replaced…

TJ is pulling up alongside LT right now. Most dominant defensive player in the league/era and seems to be getting better.

Boz again threw his hat into the ring as best PK in the Biz.

The newcomers in the defensive backfield played much better than I expected as did the young O-Line. Impressive in spurts...average in others, but better than I expected.

Fields is Kordell 2.0 for sure. Incredible athleticism and heart palpitation inducing passing skills...all in one convenient package.

The team is limited in its offensive production. We are MartyBall.

Seems the nfl just doesn't like or respect the Steelers. The calls/no-calls were absolutely absurd. Enjoy this game as entertainment only.

I actually like the 4th down call. They should have gotten that and need to work on something better. Having that dude fly over the top like Troy back in the day wrecked the play.

Fields definitely did enough today. His running was very important today in the win. He converted at least a few 3rd downs. The TD's will come for that O.

The D and Boz carried the day.

And, another FU to the officials!!!!!! You all suck!
Going up by 8 there as opposed to the chance that they are down 5 with a chance to win the game late in the 4th made it an absolute no-brainer call. Tomlin is beyond stupid. Any other coach would have done the math long beforhand and made the FG call without any hesitation whatsoever. So sad seeing this once feered franchise run by Charlie Brown.

first place

GW_Vx5fasAAgshA

TJ is pulling up alongside LT right now. Most dominant defensive player in the league/era and seems to be getting better.

Boz again threw his hat into the ring as best PK in the Biz.

The newcomers in the defensive backfield played much better than I expected as did the young O-Line. Impressive in spurts...average in others, but better than I expected.

Fields is Kordell 2.0 for sure. Incredible athleticism and heart palpitation inducing passing skills...all in one convenient package.

The team is limited in its offensive production. We are MartyBall.

Seems the nfl just doesn't like or respect the Steelers. The calls/no-calls were absolutely absurd. Enjoy this game as entertainment only.
I would love to see what Watt could do back when LT played. When they actually called holding penalties and all.

I would love to see what Watt could do back when LT played. When they actually called holding penalties and all.

Not just WATT (not taking anything away from him), but also James Harrison.!!!

Salute the nation

We have a new OC and playbook. We only had 5 starters back today from opening day last season. Considering all the new parts on offense I thought there was a lot to be optimistic about for game 1.
Comment of the season so far

And think back to the time and talk here in mid January, guys were suicidal and then the moves started. We should all be very optimistic at trajectory and think of what the conversation would be if a certain other QB was still around and started and blew this game against a weak opponent

I thought Spencer Anderson was alright. I look forward to getting Seamaulo and Fautanu back. Zach Frazier is the real.deal.
Troy is back. 👏

I thought Spencer Anderson was alright. I look forward to getting Seamaulo and Fautanu back. Zach Frazier is the real.deal.

after seeing some of the all 22 film that was showing Justin Fields throws.. Ive seen enough of Spencer Anderson. JV performance.

I saw a couple of videos breaking down Frazier's game. He was a beast especially for his first NFL start. I am confident we have our next OL anchor for the next several years.

after seeing some of the all 22 film that was showing Justin Fields throws.. Ive seen enough of Spencer Anderson. JV performance.
He is a second year guy who had to learn all five positions in his first start after being a late preseason replacement starter. I doubt anyone can make any definitive conclusions about him... its hard judging guys in their first few starts.. barring his head size being to big, of course...

I have no trouble endorsing the play of frazier. He's a rookie I'm not commenting on Anderson being out of position or going the wrong way. He doesnt move his feet . He lacks.

Last edited:
I have no trouble endorsing the play of frazier. I'm not commenting on him being out of position or going the wrong way. He doesnt move his feet . He lacks.
Frazier doesn’t move his feet? Pretty sure they were moving when he was pancaking opponents.

😀

Going up by 8 there as opposed to the chance that they are down 5 with a chance to win the game late in the 4th made it an absolute no-brainer call. Tomlin is beyond stupid. Any other coach would have done the math long beforhand and made the FG call without any hesitation whatsoever. So sad seeing this once feered franchise run by Charlie Brown.
Have said for years his signature calling card is "coming when he should be going, and going when he should be coming." He'd do much better just doing the opposite of what his gut tells him.

Case in point, in an offensive league going and trying to win games like he's coaching against Frank Broyles or Lou Holtz in the old SWC.