• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on the **** show part III

The HOA does not like the red barn and respectfully requests that it be repainted a different color.

iu

Steelers 2023

The coaching is awful. The scheme is too simple and despite that, there are still mistakes. The whole point of using a simple offense is it allows you to have strong fundamentals and execution by running the same core plays over and over. The steelers somehow manage to run simple plays and still mess them up.

The scheme is awful and the teaching of technique is just as bad.

What does this offense do well? What play do you call on 4th and 3 with the game on the line? I have no idea and neither do the steelers. That's why they may throw in 30 yards downfield, because one play is as good as another. They have no situational awareness.

This is a small coaching staff. Are the coaches bad or are they just spread too thin? Do they come up with great ideas and then Tomlin tells them to drop it?

Coming off a Thursday game, the steelers staff had extra time to prepare. The Colts had a short week. The steelers had nothing new for the colts. The colts were able to see what the steelers were doing then adjust and dominate. The steelers just keep doing the same thing.

The coaching is awful. The scheme is too simple and despite that, there are still mistakes. The whole point of using a simple offense is it allows you to have strong fundamentals and execution by running the same core plays over and over. The steelers somehow manage to run simple plays and still mess them up.

What does this offense do well? What play do you call on 4th and 3 with the game on the line? I have no idea and neither do the steelers. That's why they may throw in 30 yards downfield, because one play is as good as another. They have no situational awareness.

This is a small coaching staff. Are the coaches bad or are they just spread too thin? Do they come up with great ideas and then Tomlin tells them to drop it?

Coming off a Thursday game, the steelers staff had extra time to prepare. The Colts had a short week. The steelers had nothing new for the colts. The colts were able to see what the steelers were doing then adjust and dominate. The steelers just keep doing the same thing.
They’re definitely badly coached . The talent flashes and shows glimpses but it’s poorly sustained and back to square one. There’s no real momentum because they fall back into old/negative habits.

NO GAME BALLS, GAME GOATS & FU'S this week folks....I'm sitting here with a dying dog watching my football team die along with him. The team is a complete and total loss. I honestly think if they keep Tomlin for one more season they need to completely gut the entire coaching staff! I see a complete lack of preparedness.

Peace Out everyone....please say a prayer for my little buddy named Bear who's breaking my heart! He's a YorkiePoo 15.5 years old and has had a good life but I just wish it wasn't at this time of year as it's really taking an emotional toll on me. I'm a wreck!
Sorry man that's tough..love my Schnoodle!

How in the hell did this team win 7 games?

Trubisky sucks. Pickett sucked this year, but Trubisky is just hopeless.

Tomlin sucks. He's 10 years past needing removed, so I guess we'll just re-up his contract. I mean, someone would hire him tomorrow if we fired him tonight, so that means we should keep him, right?

Lets go with 2 defensive linemen when they're running it down our throats. That ALWAYS works.

Sorry about your dog, Chicoman. I've buried a few and it always hurts. Hurts much more than watching the Steelers get their ***** kicked.
Tomlin considers both Olbs to be DEs, so he always thinks he has 3 or 4 dlinemen out there… even when the olb is in coverage and he has two DTs

NO GAME BALLS, GAME GOATS & FU'S this week folks....I'm sitting here with a dying dog watching my football team die along with him. The team is a complete and total loss. I honestly think if they keep Tomlin for one more season they need to completely gut the entire coaching staff! I see a complete lack of preparedness.

Peace Out everyone....please say a prayer for my little buddy named Bear who's breaking my heart! He's a YorkiePoo 15.5 years old and has had a good life but I just wish it wasn't at this time of year as it's really taking an emotional toll on me. I'm a wreck!

Losing a loved one is never easy. You and Coolie hang in there....

We all try to weather these storms. Often that cloud just continues to linger over our heads as we look for that clear patch of sky.

I'm wondering if it can be checked.... But they had 13 straight running plays against the Def on one drive for a FG..... I've been watching since 1972....cant say I've ever seen that done to a Steelers team.

No. The Steelers did THAT to other teams in the second half. You break their will,gas them and then run some badass at them over and over submitting them and they tap out.

We used to do that. Now they're on the receiving end.

I guess that the advantage of having seen through Tomlin years ago, is that I am way over it already. It's laughable and a comedy show at this point.

The problem with him being around this long is that his damage is deep. Very, very deep. The next guy will have a LOT of fixing to do, and it will take time. Chuck Nolls don't just grow on trees. You have to hope we find Chas X2.

Sorry Chico. Three years ago I put my doxie down. I still miss him every day.

Really sorry Coolie. Five years ago Dad went to his eternal reward. I can't just pick up the phone and call him. Tears my guts out. Prayers still, my brother.

Last edited:
Tomlin lives in his fears. The D is his and they haven't been able to stop the run or cover for multiple years now. The O is extremely conservative and that directive comes from him and not the OC. Teams know we might only truly attack their D for a few plays during the game and those are typically our first drive or two. Other than that, they stack the box because they know what we are going to do 80 to 90 percent of the time. If the Steelers don't fire him, they seriously need to look at trading him. There are teams out there that would give us a nice bounty for him.

They do this every year expecting a different result. The result is the same and it has been getting worse since Ben retired.

They deserve so much better on offense and defense.

That's on the owner. You need a championship level coaching staff.

They're far from that. All of the rah rah and word salads can't hide that fact.

CIN
sEA
BAL

7-10
I’m gonna suggest after he unleashes hell, an extremely strong finish

L to Bungles
W vs Seahags ( 5 game streaks are hard)
Tie the Rats 0-0…they’ve locked up the 1 seed and don’t even try but alas we still can’t score

8-8-1
All that matters
The Standard
Greatest Coach ever!!!!

Really sorry to hear about your buddy, Chico. I told the story of losing wife's horse, Chaka, the evening of December 7, 2019 and then driving to Phoenix to watch the Steelers the next day. That was the last win of the Duck Hodges era and the game helped me a ton in suppressing the pain of losing an 1100 lb. boy I entrusted with my life.

If instead the Steelers had dropped a bowl log like yesterday's embarrassment, the pain would have increased. I will tell you this - being a Pirates fan has prepared me for these laughably incompetent and flaccid exhibitions. I just don't care that much any more. No Steelers player or coach gives a **** if I live or die, so why should I let their work performance adversely affect my life??

Sorry to hear chico, losing a best friend is one of the worst things in the world. Sounds like Bear lived a great life with a loving owner, take comfort in the love you gave him.

Condolences to Chico and Coolie.

I can’t judge our QB’s too harshly when the OC and OL has sucked for the past three years.
Harris and Warren had no blocking yesterday and Mitch had no time. Midway thru the second quarter I said the OL sucks today.

I'm wondering if it can be checked.... But they had 13 straight running plays against the Def on one drive for a FG..... I've been watching since 1972....cant say I've ever seen that done to a Steelers team.
By a 3rd and 4th string rookie and 49er retread.
Imagine what Jonathan Taylor would do to this team?
The defense minus watt is no better than this offense. Total trash getting beat by how many backup qb this year. A new low even for Mike Tomlin.
Matt Canada is surely getting the last laugh.