• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on the **** show part III

Disgusted by Pickens lack of effort. If he made any effort to block on the Warren run (stopped at 1) he would have scored easily. And on the last INT he ran towards the bench instead of trying to tackle/strip the guy with the ball. Totally unacceptable and the fact that Tomlin didn't/doesn't bench him explains the lack of effort by many players on recent teams.

By a 3rd and 4th string rookie and 49er retread.
Imagine what Jonathan Taylor would do to this team?
The defense minus watt is no better than this offense. Total trash getting beat by how many backup qb this year. A new low even for Mike Tomlin.
Matt Canada is surely getting the last laugh.
Its so bad...
I saw something that I never though I would see yesterday..

Watt and Heyward taking plays off.

Condolences to Chico and Coolie.

I can’t judge our QB’s too harshly when the OC and OL has sucked for the past three years.
Harris and Warren had no blocking yesterday and Mitch had no time. Midway thru the second quarter I said the OL sucks today.
I looked at things slightly differently. Midway through the second quarter I said the OL sucks again today.

NO GAME BALLS, GAME GOATS & FU'S this week folks....I'm sitting here with a dying dog watching my football team die along with him. The team is a complete and total loss. I honestly think if they keep Tomlin for one more season they need to completely gut the entire coaching staff! I see a complete lack of preparedness.

Peace Out everyone....please say a prayer for my little buddy named Bear who's breaking my heart! He's a YorkiePoo 15.5 years old and has had a good life but I just wish it wasn't at this time of year as it's really taking an emotional toll on me. I'm a wreck!

I know it’s hard and I hope you focus on the good times you and Bear had durring his time here.

Blessings your way and always think / talk of the good times and how loyal / funny / energetic BEAR was.

PeAce brother

Salute the nation

went through the dying dog back in August and just buried my dad this past Wednesday

and then this team comes out and plays ******* dead

always pray for poor animals

sorry to hear about bear

Condolences Coolie, it’s hard to lose a pet and in NO comparison, HARD to lose a parent.

My sincere condolences and prayers both you and your dad’s way.

Prayers your way brother

Salute the nation

Disgusted by Pickens lack of effort. If he made any effort to block on the Warren run (stopped at 1) he would have scored easily. And on the last INT he ran towards the bench instead of trying to tackle/strip the guy with the ball. Totally unacceptable and the fact that Tomlin didn't/doesn't bench him explains the lack of effort by many players on recent teams.
This is multiple games for his lack of effort like this. Tomlin needs to sit him for a quarter or a half. If that doesn't work, make him a healthy scratch. I don't think the union allows players to be fined but if it's allowed, he should also be fined like they used to do to players.

Tomlin considers both Olbs to be DEs, so he always thinks he has 3 or 4 dlinemen out there… even when the olb is in coverage and he has two DTs

I’ve said it many times,…….. this defensive scheme actually schemes 90 / 56 right out of the plays. Wasting careers.

Salute the nation

I may need a ride in the Luxury S10 to get to the hospital 😁

I’d send Lunar to drive yaz, but he’s been pretty sporadic and needs mental treatment as well…………..

Salute the nation

Once more the hate of Mitch is unreal. What about this secondary that cannot cover, this defense that does not get off the field, receivers cannot separate, lack luster play, coaching staff that cannot make anyone better and you blame it all on Mitch. Sounds like Trump Biden BS. Offense that has a hard time making first downs. Blaming one back up payer for all the troubles of this team is laughable. I sure remember all the trade Rudolph at training camp now start Rudolph. What do you really see that accomplishing.
Don't forget an OL that can't block.

I think Tomlin forgot to unleash hell this December

This is multiple games for his lack of effort like this. Tomlin needs to sit him for a quarter or a half. If that doesn't work, make him a healthy scratch. I don't think the union allows players to be fined but if it's allowed, he should also be fined like they used to do to players.
What is sitting him going to do? We barely use him as is and with his attitude I do not think he will care one way or the other. I am not sure what you could do w/ him honestly that would effect him other than fines. Maybe make him play special teams or something?

I was playing w/ the playoff calculator and even w/ a loss to the ravens we can still get the #6 seed without anything crazy happening other than us winning of course. Pretty crazy to think we still have a legit shot after our last 3 weeks.

Don't forget an OL that can't block.

Yesterday, for the first time outside of an emergency or having to go to work, I walked away from a live steelers game … we were winning at the time, but I knew we were doomed..
i am pretty sure I watched an olineman try to get to a guy he physically couldn’t get to then just stop and block no one for the hundred time this season…

This team is schematically broken… I don’t care if it was Webster, Faneca and Decastro in the middle of the line, they are asking too much too often… its just theoretical nonsense… and with this crew asking them to do this is beyond absurd.

Ive watched games till the end through thick and thin… for well over three decades of actually hardcore watching the games… I just couldn’t anymore…

I don’t blame one player for quitting on this team… Its pointless to keep pressing through…

Not me, got all my Christmas shopping done. Just listened on the radio between stores. Laughing all the way!
I honestly shouldn’t have tuned in but my parents like to visit during games and spend time with the grandkids and we have food. So….lol

Hell yeah man. They have to win 2 out of the last 3 games to save the long new standard of celebrating mediocrity.

That **** is in real jeopardy.
And yet... They'll somehow do it.

And you can't even use injuries as an excuse. Bailey Zappe was NE's QB and they were missing their best Offensive player in Stephenson when they came in here and won, the Colts were down to their 4th string RB? Top WR was out.
Tomlin has lost to 3 rookie head coaches so far this season.