• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on this **** show

damn I really want to go with the FIRE EVERYONE vibe

damn losing Pickett

losing Roberts - your last real starting ILB

they still should have beaten this ****** ******* team

defense did nothing

offense did nothing

looked so good on that first drive

runs, play action passes, Pickens heavily involved

then what in the ever loving **** happened

games like this get coaches fired
My initial thought was the same as it is every week. Tomlin needs to go! He hasn’t had a losing season but we are ALWAYS just a mediocre team at best and never improve in any aspect of the game. His Super Bowl win and 2nd appearance was with a team that was already in place when he took over.

I would certainly add ......after the Naj stop,the defense allowing a 99 yard TD drive. That whole sequence was the turning point. But there were many.
Why do they not run Warren more? I just do t get it. I think Harris sucks ***.

Why do they not run Warren more? I just do t get it. I think Harris sucks ***.
well you're wrong

as has been discussed many times here

Harris and Warren are both quality RBs but with different running styles

They both bring a lot of value to this team and we are lucky to have both of them

I would certainly add ......after the Naj stop,the defense allowing a 99 yard TD drive. That whole sequence was the turning point. But there were many.

A 15 play 99 yard td drive.

saw the first half. Then the missus wanted things so...
I looked at Kenny's confusion and i notice that he cannot run a more advanced system?!@! He is stuck back there. i don't get it.

i will re-watch it later but either

1. the all-22 tape will show that Kenny is effed back there just having to WAIT until a route gets into the clear because the offense is running the same Canada plays again.

or

2. Kenny cannot read coverages because with the Matt Canada system the QB only has to "place" the ball on the outside (shoulder, arm, etc.) or place the ball to the opposite side of the DB leverage (for example throw inside instead of middle or backside if the DB is trailing or running downhill with outside leverage working in).
This would be some kind of adaptation that Kenny was doing because the Canada offense schemes/playcalls NEVER gets a receiver open and you throw it even if the receiver isnt open.

This Thursdays game might be one of the worst NFL games in its history. 0-0 final is really in play.

I have faith that the Steelers can make it happen. What will probably happen is they'll make the pats***** qb look like the second coming of Joe Montana.

Plus Darth Hoodie can just pull out his cheat sheet from years ago since nothing ever changes.

The call on the goal line set the loss in motion. If Kenny never got hurt....ok. they know you are running but you take all power out of the run with the playcall. I thought they were past this but I guess not. Take three and go from there. Same with kicking FG down 14 on 4th and 6. He just has no feel. He just flies with the wind.

Until Rooney sells the team or assumes room temperature this team goes nowhere. Anyone else injured beside Pickett, Roberts, Seumalo, and Fitzpatrick?

Until Rooney sells the team or assumes room temperature this team goes nowhere. Anyone else injured beside Pickett, Roberts, Seumalo, and Fitzpatrick?
WATT!!

Watt warren and pickens played well.
Everyone else was unimpressive.

Tomlin laid another egg to one of the worst teams in the league.
Nothing new

O Man. The changes that are a coming! MT bring it.

MT: I know we said we switched from come to Pepsi, but we’re going back people. Going back.

damn I really want to go with the FIRE EVERYONE vibe

damn losing Pickett

losing Roberts - your last real starting ILB

they still should have beaten this ****** ******* team

defense did nothing

offense did nothing

looked so good on that first drive

runs, play action passes, Pickens heavily involved

then what in the ever loving **** happened

games like this get coaches fired

Coolie, I appreciate this insightful thread and you usually say what many here are thinking.

Salute the nation

Watt warren and pickens played well.
Everyone else was unimpressive.

Tomlin laid another egg to one of the worst teams in the league.
Nothing new
Highsmith had 1.5 sacks and a lot of pressure. He played well

The Tomlin/Austin defense is too reliant on 2 guys not getting held and getting to the QB. Again, using Minkah as a SS/Hybrid run defender has taken away our 6 ints he had last year to ZERO this year. Just dumb schematics. We will let the worst offense in football score this Thursday to prove it further. We may need to, if we want the "stink" to reach the owners box.
On offense, we just can't keep playing HS football behind a poorly coached OL. No real solutions until we get a new OL coach and OC. Games like this are bound to happen with our schemes and coaching at new lows, IMO.

We watch our playoff hopes fade as Tomlin rides home comfortably on six white horses.

I'm sure Coach Wordsmith will come up with some great statement to make it not his problem

We came out and there was no fight in us, We take ownership of that. Arizona isn’t use to rain, but seemed to embrace that fact in their portrait of football. We, on the other hand forgot both our rain-coats and butter for the popcorn during that extended 1/2 time Delay. Our Ping Pong tables are level and ready to be pinged.

Salute the nation

It was all good till the 4th down stop.
I was cool with going for it.
I was cool with the run.
Kinda thought they should of ran outside with everything lined up tight.
Huge momentum shift and Kennys out.
And we couldnt get it back.
I thought we should of thrown more to get back in it.
I thought we should of went for the onsides with like 4min left.
The Cards came correct.
We need to get our **** together quick its almost Thursday.

We watch our playoff hopes fade as Tomlin rides home comfortably on six white horses.

I think those are 9 or 10 million dollar horses, per year.

Salute the nation