• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts

ftowelwavermb0864fcdq522.jpg

What's DJ's deal? Zero effort during any part of the fumble play. Was he still pouting about the missed TD or what?

I've never been a huge DJ fan. Always questioned why we would feed him so many targets. He runs backwards, complains after EVERY incompletion, drops too many easy passes in big situations. He's just not a WR1. Add in today's lack of effort, makes me sour on him even more

Reactions: JMM
If the officials didn't F up, then Tomlin sure as heck did.
Tomlin stated he didn't get a replay quick enough to decide one way or another.

The head coach sat there and watched it for years...

Last edited:
According to Tomlin in his post game PC when asked about using Muth down the middle:" Again sometimes coverage dictates that, and last week was his first week back after an extended period of time so it's probably a reflection of him getting back on things and Kenny getting back on things."

So, everyone is wrong according to Mikey. It wasn't Canada's fault in not including Muth in past game plans.
In other news: Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season and is not to blame for ANYTHING......EVER. Carry on.

According to Tomlin in his post game PC when asked about using Muth down the middle:" Again sometimes coverage dictates that, and last week was his first week back after an extended period of time so it's probably a reflection of him getting back on things and Kenny getting back on things."

So, everyone is wrong according to Mikey. It wasn't Canada's fault in not including Muth in past game plans.
In other news: Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season and is not to blame for ANYTHING......EVER. Carry on.
You realize Muth was on IR till last week right? So, Canada couldn't use him in past game plans. Everyone else realizes this. So, no, they are not wrong. You, however, for not realizing it, are very wrong.

You realize Muth was on IR till last week right? So, Canada couldn't use him in past game plans. Everyone else realizes this. So, no, they are not wrong. You, however, for not realizing it, are very wrong.
I should have said the tight end down the seam...but yeah. He wasn't utilized hardly before he got hurt anyway.

18,000,000 a year and DJ has 1 TD pass.

And he has the nerve to moan after a play and pout. Grow up dude. Stop running backwards and stop being afraid of contact and catch the ball.

I should have said the tight end down the seam...but yeah. He wasn't utilized hardly before he got hurt anyway.
Looked it up. 8 catches for 53 yards in the first 4 games before getting hurt....So, yeah I guess Canada couldn't(wouldn't) use him or the other tight ends...LOL.

So for me today what I noticed significantly was the offense actually had a rythem and a flow to it rather than what we’ve been seeing for three seasons, simply plays being called. With Canada it was just calling plays and never any rythem and flow which I think never helped Kenny get comfortable.
Read something where Canada was not receptive to taking input from assistant coaches. Refused to do so which sucks and certainly contributed to a horrible offense.
Btw, that was a TD by DJ! Tomlin said he didn’t have the opportunity to review it since the home team doesn’t show possible challenges from the opponent. You would think someone in the booth would have seen it and told Tomlin to challenge,but not today. Would have been horrible if we had lost this game.