• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts

Tomlin taking the helm an swiftly turning the ship around. Leadership.
iu

Canada was trying to make him Niel Odonnel jr… all safe, near turnover proof plays.. ill trade a few picks for more splash plays and scoring… which should come…
Agreed. We definitely need a higher TD rate. We had one from Pickett today but it was not to be.

It was nice to see Harris running over defenders rather than trying to outrun them. Muth took me back to Heath's glory days. Lots of improvement shown by KP, but his pocket presence still makes me cringe at times. Too many times he bails and tries to run around the rush when there is plenty of room to climb the pocket. Overall, one of the most enjoyable games of the season; I think the only time I cursed was at DJ's lack of effort on the fumble.

Here are ten things I think

1. Its too early after Canada’s firing for the multitudes of fans clamoring for him to go to say “I told you so…”… we should at least wait for next week… just in case this was a flukey blip🤣

2. Pat Friermuth should kick Tomlin in the gonads for not firing that dope sooner

3. Washington caught a ball and was a beast. I still don’t understand why we utterly ignore him…

4. Warren fumbled… that was one of the things they were afraid of with him… he does have a lot of near misses where the ball is loosely held in his arms… it was only a matter of time.. it just sucks it happened in a key point… still got to feed that guy…

5. Watching this Offense was light years better than last week’s O
They got at least one first down on every single possession except the victory formation

6. Trenton Thompson might be hard to Bench when Mincah comes back… dude’s instincts are every bit as good in the real NFL as he was in the preseason. Got to find a spot for that guy… maybe the slot?

7. The Oline still has a long way to go in passblocking… that is almost certainly going to take a scheme change to fix… so maybe next year…

8. I cannot stress how impressive it was that Joe mixon was held to 16 yards… that dude straight up murders us too often…

9. I would comment about how Chase had a horseshoe up his *** with those tipped ball catches, but really if you play hard to the whistle, good things happen… DJ should take notes…

10. The bengals are effectively out of the playoff picture… they might technically be only one win back of the final wild card, but their schedule is brutal, every team they face here on out is currently holding a playoff spot.
they have a 1-6 afc record, already lost all their divisional tiebreakers, and lost to Houston…

there are going to be at least 3 teams above them (maybe 4 by nights end)…
Basically this win really helped set the world right again…

Here are ten things I think

1. Its too early after Canada’s firing for the multitudes of fans clamoring for him to go to say “I told you so…”… we should at least wait for next week… just in case this was a flukey blip🤣

2. Pat Friermuth should kick Tomlin in the gonads for not firing that dope sooner

3. Washington caught a ball and was a beast. I still don’t understand why we utterly ignore him…

4. Warren fumbled… that was one of the things they were afraid of with him… he does have a lot of near misses where the ball is loosely held in his arms… it was only a matter of time.. it just sucks it happened in a key point… still got to feed that guy…

5. Watching this Offense was light years better than last week’s O
They got at least one first down on every single possession except the victory formation

6. Trenton Thompson might be hard to Bench when Mincah comes back… dude’s instincts are every bit as good in the real NFL as he was in the preseason. Got to find a spot for that guy… maybe the slot?

7. The Oline still has a long way to go in passblocking… that is almost certainly going to take a scheme change to fix… so maybe next year…

8. I cannot stress how impressive it was that Joe mixon was held to 16 yards… that dude straight up murders us too often…

9. I would comment about how Chase had a horseshoe up his *** with those tipped ball catches, but really if you play hard to the whistle, good things happen… DJ should take notes…

10. The bengals are effectively out of the playoff picture… they might technically be only one win back of the final wild card, but their schedule is brutal, every team they face here on out is currently holding a playoff spot.
they have a 1-6 afc record, already lost all their divisional tiebreakers, and lost to Houston…

there are going to be at least 3 teams above them (maybe 4 by nights end)…
Basically this win really helped set the world right again…
I think on a rainy day you lean on Najee as he has fantastic hands. Otherwise both backs have had moments. So they will need them both in certain situations.

Reactions: JMM
Funny point here considering the Steelers couldn't luck into a 400-yard game during the streak. You're not wrong though. That was a bad Bengals defense and there are some more bad defenses coming up on the schedule.

I kept saying when you force sideline thows it results in lower completion rates.

Also takes a hit on confidence. Which is what we were seeing.

Now he still needs to clean up his pocket premature evacuation, etc.

But there is a clear difference in what we saw today.
I have had WAAAAY to much to drink today for you to put a sentence like this together.

[
That is stupid
Ol girl says then do like one game where they called a time out to think about it. See if there was enough there to challenge. It was a clear catch and a bad non challenge.

While it was nice to see the changes today, I am in no way going to think that Tomlin won’t back slide. Let’s see a couple games now. This could very well be the beginning of KP’s maturation, or just a blip, only time will tell. If he does continue to show growth, only two posters will continue to claim he sucks, but we all know WHY they feel that way.

to Get to the next level Dan Moore is not a guy we can rely on at LT, eithier draft a solid Rt or sign one and move Jones to LT.
Doubt they would do the simple thing of LT Jones RT Chukes extra OL Moore

we should draft Patrick Paul out of UH

he and JOnes can fight it out for the LT spot

loser gets to start at RT

18,000,000 a year and DJ has 1 TD pass.

And he has the nerve to moan after a play and pout. Grow up dude. Stop running backwards and stop being afraid of contact and catch the ball.
Where are you getting your numbers? He's a $16M cap hit when similar players are making $20M+ We got him for an actual home team discount.

Also tough to rack up stats when you were on IR for 4 weeks...

to Get to the next level Dan Moore is not a guy we can rely on at LT, eithier draft a solid Rt or sign one and move Jones to LT.
Couldn't agree more F83

Where are you getting your numbers? He's a $16M cap hit when similar players are making $20M+ We got him for an actual home team discount.

Also tough to rack up stats when you were on IR for 4 weeks...
Damn Stryker...are you DJ's PR person and/or agent?

DJ was pouting. I’m fully convinced that he’s afraid of contact and drops or runs away from any contact
Hmmmm... can't buy this one.

DJ quit on that one play but he's one of the best blocking WRs on the team. Methinks that things will get better in the coming weeks....

Chuks is basically assured to be traded in tge off season… he has a much higher cap hit for an average RT… I’m guessing it will be
BJ at LT, Moore or Dylan Cook at RT, whichever does not get the starting RT job as tge top backup, and a draftee tackle in the mix as well