• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Iran's response ... missile attacks on U.S. bases in Iraq

And as for Iranians protesting and declaring that Iran, not America was responsible for shooting down a passenger jet -

Canada is absolutely absolving Iran of any responsibility in the killing of civilians in an airplane and placing all responsibility squarely at the feet of the United States. So - Good for you Canada. Way to stand up for your peeps.

I presume you may be a bit younger than I, Badcat, but I definitely, absolutely, and irrevocably remember the hatred directed at Ronald Reagan. (D)ims hope we don't remember, and pretend that they treated Reagan with respect, but that is an absolute lie. Reagan - one of the nicest people ever to hold elected office - was called a bigot, a racist, someone who did not care about the poor, someone who actually wanted to kill the poor, and kill minorities, and kill the elderly, called senile, called a warmonger, a war criminal.

Oh, I remember that ****.

So (D)ims, don't pretend that you are freaking out only because Donald Trump; you have been on the "destroy America first" tirade and have directed your blistering vitriol at every Republican candidate and office holder since I was in high school.

Admittedly, I was a young boy when he was President. Reagan is my favorite President and I have read the Reagan Diaries, and he mentions Congress and the Press quite often. an excerpt that I book marked. "The News - C.B.S & Wash.Post described my trip to Ohio as a chilly reception. That is a blatant falsehood. I've never been greeted with greater warmth and enthusiasm. I think their bias toward the Dems. is showing."

I mean, the rift has always been there and one could even make the case for the 60's and LBJ. there was a lot of hatred between the parties even then. But in today's time, the PC and Identity politics coupled with entitled millennials wanting social justice and we have today's **** show.

I mean, the rift has always been there and one could even make the case for the 60's and LBJ. there was a lot of hatred between the parties even then. But in today's time, the PC and Identity politics coupled with entitled millennials wanting social justice and we have today's **** show.

One contributing factor is the prevalence of social media, for the simple reason that now everybody can put his or her opinions in writing to share with others in a platform that will reach dozens, hundreds, possibly even thousands. That makes the author believe that he has something worthwhile to say, when in fact the author is simply stating something profoundly and demonstrably stupid.

Once the person believes that what he says is worthwhile, when in fact it is inveterate garbage, the author then feels compelled to defend his idiocy. That leads to a lot of people defending stupid opinions based on pure fiction, and becoming outraged when called out for the idiocy. That fact then undercuts reasoned discussion and debate. The argument is now about personality, and alleged racism and sexism and anti-this or that rather than the facts.

I research my points before I post a comment about voting patterns, or the economy, or the cost of proposed legislation, because it is what I do for a living. If I engaged in fantasy and lies to support my opinion, I would be ripped to shreds in court and lose. I don't, so I am not and don't. Most others don't face that prospect, post garbage among equally ignorant friends and peers, and then cannot accept the fact that they are not only wrong, they are stupidly, embarrassingly wrong.

Ocasio-Cortez is a prime example of my hypothesis. She says things that are comically stupid - "Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs" [wait, what??], "Illegal aliens are my constituents" [what the ... no, they aren't, since they are not here legally and are not allowed to vote]. "While President Trump's talking collusion, collusion, collusion" [uhh, no, that was actually your party, genius], "Instead of asking, 'Should the Boston Bomber have the right to vote?'” [uhhh, that actually is a pretty good question], "There are parts of Alabama where people are still getting ringworm because they don’t have access to public health" [yeah, going to the doctor does NOT prevent ringworm], "Because we are standing on Native land, and Latino people are descendants of Native people. And we cannot be … criminalized simply for our identity or our status" [uhh, yes, actually, that is exactly how we identify illegals], in insisting that illegals not be held or deported as the law requires, "We are a nation and land of laws, not just [one where] some people are subject to laws and others are not. We are a land of laws" [but didn't you just encourage America to ignore immigration laws??] - but never says, "Wow, sorry, that was stupid" or "Gee, I guess I'm a blithering idiot who should get a clue."

Nope, instead those who point out her idiocy and profound misstatements are racists and sexists. Deal with the content, like I just did? Nope, because racism.

Other than attempting to remove him from office, I don't see anything the Dems are doing that one can oppose, over the last three years. His economic policies, including, deregulation, are what is fueling the best economy in recorded history. He is fundamentally transforming the Judiciary, including the Supreme Court. I remember when that liberal pea brain, Paul Krugman, said that the Stock Market would crash if Trump elected. Tell me you agree with him lol. He is re-writing all of the terrible trade deals that previous idiots got us into. Some things, like the border wall are beyond his control, but he is trying. All while being under assault by corrupt investigations. So I disagree with your assessment.

It's not the best economy in recorded history. Not even close. The economies of the the 1950s and late 1990s were better by numerous metrics.

His policies have done more to support the stock market than the actual economy.

When Trump's economic policies actually put a real dent into the fiscal and trade deficits of this country, one can talk about how great his economic policies are.

It's not the best economy in recorded history. Not even close. The economies of the the 1950s and late 1990s were better by numerous metrics.

His policies have done more to support the stock market than the actual economy.

When Trump's economic policies actually put a real dent into the fiscal and trade deficits of this country, one can talk about how great his economic policies are.

you mean like replacing NAFTA with a better deal and getting a better trade deal with China?

Admittedly, I was a young boy when he was President. Reagan is my favorite President and I have read the Reagan Diaries, and he mentions Congress and the Press quite often. an excerpt that I book marked. "The News - C.B.S & Wash.Post described my trip to Ohio as a chilly reception. That is a blatant falsehood. I've never been greeted with greater warmth and enthusiasm. I think their bias toward the Dems. is showing."

My parents explained to me back when Nixon was President that the majority of the media will side with Democrats.

you mean like replacing NAFTA with a better deal and getting a better trade deal with China?

We need to see what these deals actually yield over the long run.

I'm particularly skeptical of the deal with China. None of the deeper structural issues were addressed.

It will give Trump something to campaign on in the rust belt, though.

My parents explained to me back when Nixon was President that the majority of the media will side with Democrats.

The vast majority of journalists are liberals. It's just the nature of the profession.

With most editors and producers leaning left, it definitely puts conservatives and Republicans at a disadvantage when it comes to public opinion.

However, the internet, particularly social media, has somewhat balanced the field, even though the likes of Google and Facebook have their biases as well.

Here we are a week later.

Can you believe our media was talking about WWIII and the Draft last weekend? Another sky-is-falling moment averted.

Pretty soon, liberals are going to have to give credit to Trump for his ability to avoid catastrophe so many times. Oh, who am I kidding....

Here we are a week later.
It's a relief there hasn't been a massive backlash against Americans and American interests in the ME and around the world due to the Soleimani assassination. I would be wary of thinking this is over, by any stretch. Having said that, I'm hoping and praying there is nothing in the works as far as reciprocal action by the IRGC, the Quds force or their affiliates, now or down the line.

It's a relief there hasn't been a massive backlash against Americans and American interests in the ME and around the world due to the Soleimani assassination. I would be wary of thinking this is over, by any stretch. Having said that, I'm hoping and praying there is nothing in the works as far as reciprocal action by the IRGC, the Quds force or their affiliates, now or down the line.

I doubt anyone really thinks that it is over, or that his death was the beginning of anything. It was really a continuation of the existing hostilities that simmer for a while and then boil over for a bit. Those in leadership over there want to hit back, but our intel and technology in war prevent them from freely hitting us back. They will continue to try, and might have some success. It's just how things are right now.

You mean like when American forces were fighting in Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan killing those forces that Soleimani, your new martyr, brought to kill over 600 Americans?
Get back under your EU rock Tibsy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app