• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Mike Tomlin’s Seat Warming?

Until the NFL implements a “Rooney Firing Exemption“ rule, he isn’t going anywhere

Steeler opponents know the offensive and defensive schemes that are deployed. It's easy to see. Tomlin doesn't change his scheme. No element of surprise. Only a new regime will change this predictability.

Rooney likes his cash flow. Doesn't care much to improve it. Just run it as it is.

Steeler opponents know the offensive and defensive schemes that are deployed. It's easy to see. Tomlin doesn't change his scheme. No element of surprise. Only a new regime will change this predictability.

Rooney likes his cash flow. Doesn't care much to improve it. Just run it as it is.

They've basically been running different variations of the same defensive scheme for 30 years now. It preceded Tomlin

It's been great and all, with all the AFC championships and Superbowls, but it might finally be time for a change.

They've basically been running different variations of the same defensive scheme for 30 years now. It preceded Tomlin
Ah yes. I remember when they used to pull Joe Greene off the field to run the dreaded 2-down linemen on running downs.

If we had better players such as maybe 10 1st rounders on "D", it would be a great defense.

We have struggled some in the draft and ignored some positions as well thus causing the shortage of starting personel. How can you ignor the OL for so long unless you are failing at drafting for other positions.

Cowher delt with BIG name FA exits and yet managed to bring in pretty good talent to keep competative. Did he fail some,... hell yes but still manage a competative team.

Tomlin seems to ignor position need until it is glaring need and by then it is compounded into many positions. Reaction and not proaction type manageent.

Salute the nation

Ah yes. I remember when they used to pull Joe Greene off the field to run the dreaded 2-down linemen on running downs.

They're still running the Cowher/Capers/Lebeau defense with some ****** wrinkles from Tomlin mixed in.

Opponents around the league have seen this stuff for decades now.

Unfortunately, I don't think his seat is even lukewarm or room temperature. It still has a nice chill on it. The Rooney's won't move on from Tomlin until he has totally lost control of everything and the team is one of the worst in the league for a couple years.
Just look at the 2nd half collapses he has had year after year after year.....after year of late. The playoff failures of the last decade........but he doesn't have a losing season so the Rooney's prop their hat on that. The time has come for Tomlin to go his way and the Steelers their way.

And that is where we are at now with the Rooney's.....all about the $$$$$$.

Just look at the 2nd half collapses he has had year after year after year.....after year of late. The playoff failures of the last decade........but he doesn't have a losing season so the Rooney's prop their hat on that. The time has come for Tomlin to go his way and the Steelers their way.
Apparently, the Rooney's don't agree with us. They just resigned him to a 3-year extension (longer than the norm they typically do).

Apparently, the Rooney's don't agree with us. They just resigned him to a 3-year extension (longer than the norm they typically do).
They knew what was coming up with this team and wanted to make sure there were no questions to his status as the team goes through some rough seasons.

You cannot trade a coach without his permission correct? I'm thinking Tomlin would have a ton of value in Jacksonville with the shitshow of Urban Meyer.

If they keep on course sucking,then the noise will be very loud.

So,..... you're saying loud "SUCKING" noise will bring change..............

*sound heard around the Nation......*

" ***** (any-gender),..... get your STEELERS gear on and come over here"

Salute the nation

If we had better players such as maybe 10 1st rounders on "D", it would be a great defense.
You mean like Ziggy Hood, Jarvis Jones, Bud Durpee, Artie Burned, Terrell Edmunds, and Devin Bush? :unsure:

I doubt he gets fired no matter what this season, however his seat is absolutely warmer and you can tell… he won’t finish the extension with another season collapsing down the stretch… there is a good chance they make him give up calling the D though and replace Butler

People underestimate how close they came to canning noll near the end of his tenure here and cowher during the cowher/donahoe civil war.

Tomlin is at 15 years and frankly 10+!year coaches with one team rarely have any super bowl success…. Cowher got his miracle run…

No his seat is not warm. His diarrhea comes out of his mouth not his fat ***.

Thank you for sharing such informative, useful and helpful knowledge! This gave me some insights to do better. I would really love to see more updates from you.

Online Betting Singapore

Narcopost from spammer…

But it definitely does give me the opportunity to put my conspiracy theory up here that the reason Flores came abord is if the rebuild doesn’t fly the way Tomlin wants, he will Temporarily retire at tge end of his extension from coaching and Flores will immediately step in…