• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Mike Tomlin’s Seat Warming?

Thank you for sharing such informative, useful and helpful knowledge! This gave me some insights to do better. I would really love to see more updates from you.

Online Betting Singapore
Catfish,apricots, sunshine and carpet fibers. The bamboo is swaying in wind, but not in the willows, only Jack knows The Call Of The Wild,just ask Buck.

He already has lost control and his seat is secure. I wish the Rooney's would just move to another city and allow Pittsburgh to start all over again with another expansion team - just leave the name and the trophies. No team would be better than this porta potty fire of a team we have now - not even good enough to call it a dumpster fire. They have maybe 10 players good enough to start on another team. The rest would be bench warmers or practice squad at best.
No way do I want the Rooney's to pull a Modell. I hate the no playoff wins as much as anyone. But I don't want the team to do **** loser franchises do. **** that.

No way do I want the Rooney's to pull a Modell. I hate the no playoff wins as much as anyone. But I don't want the team to do **** loser franchises do. **** that.

I can't quite get your meaning with all the asterisk(s) ? J/K

Not a fan of loser mentality copy cat either, just like some here want to "lose" out on a season ending.

Salute the nation

I can't quite get your meaning with all the asterisk(s) ? J/K

Not a fan of loser mentality copy cat either, just like some here want to "lose" out on a season ending.

Salute the nation
IF there has to be a losing season for the Steelers in the next decade, then I would prefer to have that now, post Ben.

Otherwise, fill a few holes, find that QB and lets go!

IF there has to be a losing season for the Steelers in the next decade, then I would prefer to have that now, post Ben.

I really think their approach this year should be to solidify the holes. Continue to upgrade the weaknesses. SS, DE, WR... NT... Backup RB. Build a roster that can compete when it matters most.

I hear yaz Confluence but my meaning was purposely losing not just getting our ***** kicked losing. Go down fighting and so be it in the end, win / lose.

Salute the nation

The team gave Tomlin a three-year extension prior to the start of the season. His seat isn’t any warmer right now.

He has two seasons to go. If he misses the playoffs it will be six years and no playoff wins. We used to have standards as Steeler fans. Six years and Colbrert and Ben won't be there for his third year. Yes-- I say the seat would be warm for any head coach with that record. And he has a losing record in the playoffs.

Not even close... Art2 is overjoyed with occasionally sneaking into wildcards and getting bounced. Fans in the seats and money in the pocket.

He has two seasons to go. If he misses the playoffs it will be six years and no playoff wins. We used to have standards as Steeler fans. Six years and Colbrert and Ben won't be there for his third year. Yes-- I say the seat would be warm for any head coach with that record. And he has a losing record in the playoffs.
You can say anything you want dingleberry but the reality is a total different matter. That man isn't going anywhere any time soon. So if his seat is warm it is only from passing gas. Go sniff it and report back.

They gave the extension to give him solid ground to stand on as they transition to a new QB. He's going to get a minimum of 3 seasons to figure it out.

He's had 11 years to figure it out. 3 playoff wins with a HOF QB and two we're against backups, Matt Moore and McCarron.. Yeah the next 3 years he will figure it out.
if they can pick up that safety, draft that stud DL, maybe snag a corner....then maybe they can win by not allowing the other team to score 10 point.

Best we can hope for is a couple losing seasons and they won't extend his contract by mutual agreement. He'll retire and move to TV before his legacy gets too tarnished.
Shades' phone rings:
"Hey Mike, it's Bill."
"Hey Bill, what's up?"
"We have an opening on the game day panel. It pays almost as good as coaching and it's a helluva lot less work. They'll love your big words and creative use of 'obviously'."
"I'm in."
Remember Marty Schottenheimer is the only head coach with 200+ wins who is not in the HOF because of his lousy playoff record. The longer Shades stays the worse his playoff winning percentage will be. 3 playoff wins in 11 years and if he's here for another 11 years he will have another 3 playoff wins.

He's had 11 years to figure it out. 3 playoff wins with a HOF QB and two we're against backups, Matt Moore and McCarron.. Yeah the next 3 years he will figure it out.
And the third one the Bengals had won but they self-destructed in the last four minutes and handed us on a silver platter.

A lot depends on the new GM. Colbert was a weak GM. Meaning he was not the final word. He was not Tomlin's boss. AFter Cowher won the power struggle with Donohoe, the steelers brought in Colbert to be more of an assistant to the coach. Cowher was calling the shots and Colbert was coordinating the scouting.

Tomlin took over and was inexperienced. At that point it seemed to go to more of a 50/50 arrangement but the coach obviously had big input as evidenced by the steelers immediately drafting different style players once Tomlin took over.

What will the next GM's role be? If they go with a strong GM who has the authority to fire the coach, then Tomlin probably has 2 years to turn it around. Possibly just 1 if 22 is a disaster. If they go with another weak GM, with Tomlin having the power then he has likely at least 3 more years.

Keeping Canada bought Tomlin a year. If the offense sucks again this year, then Canada is blamed. Likely the QB also, so it's a free year. Tomlin then gets to go with a new OC and QB combo for 23 and that buys him that free year with 24 being the year to show results.

I was surprised Canada was kept. The only logical reason is that they are convinced that Ben just wasn't a fit in Canada's offense, that he was holding back the magic playbook for the right QB.

I think that's bullshit. A good OC can adapt to the talent he has

A lot depends on the new GM. Colbert was a weak GM. Meaning he was not the final word. He was not Tomlin's boss. AFter Cowher won the power struggle with Donohoe, the steelers brought in Colbert to be more of an assistant to the coach. Cowher was calling the shots and Colbert was coordinating the scouting.

Tomlin took over and was inexperienced. At that point it seemed to go to more of a 50/50 arrangement but the coach obviously had big input as evidenced by the steelers immediately drafting different style players once Tomlin took over.

What will the next GM's role be? If they go with a strong GM who has the authority to fire the coach, then Tomlin probably has 2 years to turn it around. Possibly just 1 if 22 is a disaster. If they go with another weak GM, with Tomlin having the power then he has likely at least 3 more years.

Keeping Canada bought Tomlin a year. If the offense sucks again this year, then Canada is blamed. Likely the QB also, so it's a free year. Tomlin then gets to go with a new OC and QB combo for 23 and that buys him that free year with 24 being the year to show results.

I was surprised Canada was kept. The only logical reason is that they are convinced that Ben just wasn't a fit in Canada's offense, that he was holding back the magic playbook for the right QB.

I think that's bullshit. A good OC can adapt to the talent he has
Canada really hasn’t had many good offenses over the course of his coaching career. That’s why I always laugh when I hear “Canada’s offense” because some seem to think it’s actually good. It really hasn’t been outside of one or two outliers throughout the years.

You can say anything you want dingleberry but the reality is a total different matter. That man isn't going anywhere any time soon. So if his seat is warm it is only from passing gas. Go sniff it and report back.

WhoAly Shlit ...................................... Now Coach will be MIA until he fullfills this quest............................................ What will we do ?

Salute the nation

if they can pick up that safety, draft that stud DL, maybe snag a corner....then maybe they can win by not allowing the other team to score 10 point.

If all that needs to happen then how in the hell are they going to be able to "trade up" for Willis ???

A-N-D

If all that doesn't happen............ will that become his built in excusse ?

Salute the nation

If all that needs to happen then how in the hell are they going to be able to "trade up" for Willis ???

A-N-D

If all that doesn't happen............ will that become his built in excusse ?

Salute the nation
They should absolutely NOT trade up for that guy. If he was around in round 2, maybe, but I'd also take other quarterbacks before him in round 2.

Bottom line don't draft a qb this year. Build the team. They're on the verge of a championship defense, at least on paper.

Not this year. His record if bad like 6-11 he is in trouble as should not get a new contract. He doen't have Ben or Colbert next season to save him. That gas warming the seat will be propane you moron. Why do I bother with you? Ignore me if you can.

Best we can hope for is a couple losing seasons and they won't extend his contract by mutual agreement. He'll retire and move to TV before his legacy gets too tarnished.
Shades' phone rings:
"Hey Mike, it's Bill."
"Hey Bill, what's up?"
"We have an opening on the game day panel. It pays almost as good as coaching and it's a helluva lot less work. They'll love your big words and creative use of 'obviously'."
"I'm in."
Remember Marty Schottenheimer is the only head coach with 200+ wins who is not in the HOF because of his lousy playoff record. The longer Shades stays the worse his playoff winning percentage will be. 3 playoff wins in 11 years and if he's here for another 11 years he will have another 3 playoff wins.
Obviously

The standard is the standard

Not this year. His record if bad like 6-11 he is in trouble as should not get a new contract. He doen't have Ben or Colbert next season to save him. That gas warming the seat will be propane you moron. Why do I bother with you? Ignore me if you can.
No, because of Ben retiring nothing short of a total meltdown on field will warm his seat this year. He gets a free pass with the QB transition. If you think otherwise you just don't follow this team closely.

He's more likey to lose another playoff game and sink further is the losing column of the playoffs than win there. That is if we make the playoffs. 14 teams make it now. It's been six years since he won in the playoffs. Some fans will support him if it's nine.

Can anyone name a head coach where it has been six years since a playoff win that hasn't changed teams? And add he had a frachise QB who's going to the HOF. Tomlin's setting a dubious record.