• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Is Sam Howell In the Second Round More Valuable Than Kenny Pickett In the First?

Thoughts on Brissett? He was one of the four I could see being possible legitimate competition along with Winston, Trubisky or Mariotta (could see Wentz in there too if cut)

I figured Brissett may get a look due to his past history with 🇨🇦

Thoughts on Brissett? He was one of the four I could see being possible legitimate competition along with Winston, Trubisky or Mariotta (could see Wentz in there too if cut)

I figured Brissett may get a look due to his past history with 🇨🇦
1. Mitch Trubisky - I know wins aren't solely a QB stat, but a QB has a big part in it. He is 29-21 over his carer and has nearly a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. He had the Bears at 11-3 in his second season while completing nearly 67% of his passes. Trubisky can make plays happen with his legs as well, with over 1,000 rush yards in 4 seasons with the Bears. He ran for 67 first downs on 190 carries and had 8 TDs.

2. Jameis Winston - Winston is well below .500 over his career and only has completed 61.2% of his passes. What I like about him is his ability to put up huge numbers. He's thrown for over 4000 yards 3 times in his career and has 28 or more TDs twice. Interceptions are a problem, but he seemed to keep those under control with New Orleans.

3. Marcus Mariotta - This is more of a curiosity factor than anything else as he hasn't done much since 2019. Like Winston, he's completed 62.8% of his passes, but his best season was 68.9% in 2018. He's only thrown for over 20 TDs once in his career but does have over 1500 yards on the ground along with 13 rushing touchdowns. 101 of 264 of his carries have gone for first downs.

4. Jacoby Brissett - He is only 14-23 in his career and while he has over a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, he's never thrown for more than 18 TDs in a season. His completion percentage is only 60.2% and he doesn't do much on the ground with only 653 rushing yards in six years.

Assuming the Steelers use FA to improve the offensive line and defensive backfield and they add at least one impact player in the draft, Trubisky just feels like a guy who can do enough to get the Steelers in playoff contention. I think he's clearly ahead of the other potential options.