• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It appears that the dog caught the car

Dinner's simmering for me. Comfort food tonight (after a comforting election) - home made pot pie. Eating very late after getting the kiddo to and from 2 separate basketball practices.

Despite being exhausted, the peace combined with elation today (would that be euphoria?) has been an exquisite high.

Yea, everything is better.

On a side note, we may be able to walk into a Cabela's or wherever and actually find a box of .22 now. Hopefully people will calm down at least for a little which will cause you to see ammo on the shelves and at better prices. That may be my biggest relief in all this. Perhaps it will at the very least slow down this constant assault on our 2nd Amendment rights.

See this is one of the things that's been annoying me Elfiero.

A huge segment of the American public IS white males who didn't go to college. The fact that those guys didn't go to college doesn't give them any less voice. It doesn't make them any less qualified to vote. It doesn't make their vote less valuable than the minority vote that many democrats hold sacred. These people have had the "who cares, I got **** to do" attitude. They have just finally gotten pissed off enough to do something about it

Those white "uneducated" voters want more jobs at better pay rates. Trump is saying he'll work to get those jobs back. Can he do it? Who knows. But certainly 8 years of Democratic presidency hasn't made the uneducated white guys feel as though they are being heard.

The simple truth is the economic divide in this country is growing rapidly. There are a LOT of "uneducated" white guys and their families. And there are a LOT of educated white guys who can't possibly figure out how to send their two daughters to college because it literally costs $20k + a year to go to many schools. And even if us "educated" white guys DO figure out how to mortgage our lives to send our kids to college, then we have to deal with the fact that better than 80% of college grads don't even work in the fields they graduate in IF they find a freakin' job in the first year or two.See here is where I differ from most, I paid for my education, my son can pay for his too. I did spend the time to see that he worked his *** off to qualify for as many scholarships as possible. I also made sure he knew that he would be studying for a STEM degree. You have the benefit of having your girls go to Tech and still stay at home, win/win, except for they may not be able to get their freak on while living at home, another win. My son started working for an Engineering firm as a Jr, and had a job waiting upon graduation. Grand total of outstanding student debt..................$12 Grand

So where's the "hope" for all of us? America is a messed up economic place. We have gotten so used to having anything we want, anytime we want it that we are up to our ******* eyeballs in debt. We can't even comprehend existence without credit cards. We're told we're supposed to use credit cards to build up good credit records. Our grandparents just paid for ****. With this goofy *** thing called "cash". That's how they built up a good credit history.I can't even imagine living off credit cards, we pay cash for everything, then pay ourselves back with 6% interest on large purchases.

We are so far in ******* debt both individually and collectively that a major enema simply NEEDS to happen in this country. Is Trump the guy to do it? I don't know. But the American people have sure as **** spoken. They've said we just cannot afford this **** anymore. We can't do it.

Now, am I a Trump ***-kisser? No way. If he tries to give tax breaks to big companies without requiring that the breaks be tied to ACTUAL job creation and plant openings in the US, I'll be pretty ******* pissed. Cause if he just tells GM or Ford that he's going to give them a big ******* break, they'll open a plant in Mexico in order to save money and the extra credits they get will go to the CEO and the CFO and they'll lay off another 5500 people and give themselves some huge ******* Christmas bonuses. I've worked for those companies in the software industry. I know how it goes.

Trump MUST tie his tax incentives to actual action plans that force the hiring of people IN the US at On-Site facilities. It's that simple. Yes he must

But anyway, I digress, as I do...

Digress away buddy