• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It hasn't been pretty

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
but 2-0 with the back up QB starting and both games on the road...

plus the bungles and rats are both 0-2

both lost 4th quarter leads today. hell the rats were up 10 on the raiders AT HOME and lost

plenty of things to improve on (especially on offense) but still wins are wins, ugly or not

stop the penalties please, stop the ******* stupid penalties

They felt like they were building toward something in the first half on offense. Penalties (legit or not) really hurt all day, but especially in the first with big plays taken off the board. At some point the offense is going to have to get better and put up more points if this team wants to take the next step.

both lost 4th quarter leads today. hell the rats were up 10 on the raiders AT HOME and lost

plenty of things to improve on (especially on offense) but still wins are wins, ugly or not

A young OL missing its best player
Untimely penalties (and bogus penalties too)
A conservative coach that plays for close games
Receivers that struggle to get open (other than GP)

Not a recipe for many points, but with this dominant D a winning recipe so far!

2-0 on the road to open and a younger QB that is showing baby steps towards improving despite these hurdles does give some optimism

I'll take 2-0 anytime to start the NFL season. I can't remember an uglier 2-0 start but 2 wins on the road is a good thing. It's the first time the Steelers have started 2-0 on the road since 1975. That offense though........it's tough to watch! My god why don't they target Pickens 10x a game....every game. The kid just makes good things happen. Pickens is starting to remind me of John Stallworth!

I'll take 2-0 anytime to start the NFL season. I can't remember an uglier 2-0 start but 2 wins on the road is a good thing. It's the first time the Steelers have started 2-0 on the road since 1975. That offense though........it's tough to watch! My god why don't they target Pickens 10x a game....every game. The kid just makes good things happen. Pickens is starting to remind me of John Stallworth!
Seemed there was a conscious effort to get Jefferson and Austin more involved today

Austin is fast but his catch radius seems minimal so far
Jefferson just can’t seem to get open

A solid WR2 would’ve been nice, maybe we can trade OldeRuss to the Panthers and get DJ back
in exchange

And yeah man, Pickens would have GOAT potential in an offensive minded coach’s system

Seemed there was a conscious effort to get Jefferson and Austin more involved today

Austin is fast but his catch radius seems minimal so far
Jefferson just can’t seem to get open

A solid WR2 would’ve been nice, maybe we can trade OldeRuss to the Panthers and get DJ back
in exchange

And yeah man, Pickens would have GOAT potential in an offensive minded coach’s system
If not for penalties some warranted and some unwarranted, Pickens would have broke 100 yards both games.

I hope Roman can make a splash in a few weeks. He's behind the eight ball eight now. I would definitely get Muth and Washington more involved in the passing game.

They have 2 weeks of game film on them, it's going to get harder playing turtle ball and the short passing game.

Stack the wins now because the last six weeks are going to be brutal. Almost all division games plus the Eagles and Chefs.

Last edited:
Just want to see Russ. Want to see if he can do anything with this O.
Comes down to this for me. Either the playbook opens when Russ comes in or it's another right off year. If they are going to throw to 1/3 of the field again to eek out wins it's done. Even if you make playoffs you don't even have a punchers chance. This is the Kenny Pickett treatment with a better athlete. I realize they are there to position themselves best to win games. And there are no "style points" what this ****** idiot will never seem to get is that the style points even in tough loses.......is what makes you a credible contender. Instead of scratching your *** to make playoffs and getting your dick knocked off first round if you make it.

Comes down to this for me. Either the playbook opens when Russ comes in or it's another right off year. If they are going to throw to 1/3 of the field again to eek out wins it's done. Even if you make playoffs you don't even have a punchers chance. This is the Kenny Pickett treatment with a better athlete. I realize they are there to position themselves best to win games. And there are no "style points" what this ****** idiot will never seem to get is that the style points even in tough loses.......is what makes you a credible contender. Instead of scratching your *** to make playoffs and getting your dick knocked off first round if you make it.
Agree. And Shannon horse face is comparing Russel Wilson to Drew bledso. As if fields is brady

Stack the wins now because the last six weeks are going to be brutal. Almost all division games plus the Eagles and Chefs.

**** the chiefs, they are nothing but dust in the wind………………. (LoL)

I just wanted to use that line and this felt like now or never…………..

Salute the nation

They should have opened the playbook completely up and put their foot on the gas offensively all day! That would have helped get momentum and build confidence in the O. Instead, they played Tomlin's small ball and could have lost the game had it not been for Trice's interception. Tomlin still has too much say in the offence. His philosophy of keep it close and let the D win it is a losing formula, particularly when you play top 10 teams.

I agree but I will be a homer and state that we've had some really bad penalties that 'should not have even been called' as well as not having (and I'll estimate here) nearly 15 to holding calls that were not called AND the missed roughing the kicker which lead to us losing our starting punter for the damn season.

I'm happy we won both games and I see the improvements, little by little, but it is extremely frustrating to watch Clete Blakeman's team of referees (and last week's refs) intentionally missed calls and make calls against us to keep up w/ the Vegas narrative. BS I say BS!!!

Agree. And Shannon horse face is comparing Russel Wilson to Drew bledso. As if fields is brady
**** Shannon Sharpe...dude is still recovering from morning wood after his little live sex show. What little blood goes to his brain all but left on the way to his woody.

a younger QB that is showing baby steps towards improving despite these hurdles does give some optimism
When throwing for 117 yards is considered an improvement it shows how far we have fallen from having a HOF QB. We might very well be back to the Kordell Stewart days where throwing for 200 yards was considered phenomenal.

Just want to see Russ. Want to see if he can do anything with this O.
Tomlin would have turtled down with Wilson also this past Sunday most likely. Just how Tomlin coaches.

When throwing for 117 yards is considered an improvement it shows how far we have fallen from having a HOF QB. We might very well be back to the Kordell Stewart days where throwing for 200 yards was considered phenomenal.
A lot of the shacklesnon our offense is because of Tomlin. Will th shackles come off once Wilson is inserted? The guy that hasn't played in a game in how long? If Wilson is slow out of the gate will you want to go to Allen then?

Do you think Wilson is going to be putting up 250 to 300 yards a game? Tomlin has an approach to his game plan that is not like the other 31 HCs in the league......especially if we have the lead.

A lot of the shacklesnon our offense is because of Tomlin. Will th shackles come off once Wilson is inserted? The guy that hasn't played in a game in how long? If Wilson is slow out of the gate will you want to go to Allen then?

Do you think Wilson is going to be putting up 250 to 300 yards a game? Tomlin has an approach to his game plan that is not like the other 31 HCs in the league......especially if we have the lead.
Wilson is a proven elite level QB with a history of playing at a pro bowl caliber level...that buys him a lot of things, be it responsibility from the HC, time to grow in the offense...etc. Fields has little to no history of being an effective NFL QB. Fields has shown next to nothing so far this year that he is anything more than he was in Chicago. His reads are still slow, he is incredibly indecisive, and about the only positive I can say is that he throws a nice deep ball. Do I think Wilson could put up 300 yards a game...given our WR corp, not with any confidence. Do I think he can perform better and put more points on the board than Fields, absolutely.

16 chances at the 7 wins necessary for a non-losing season.

Tomlinship!

Wilson is a proven elite level QB with a history of playing at a pro bowl caliber level...that buys him a lot of things, be it responsibility from the HC, time to grow in the offense...etc. Fields has little to no history of being an effective NFL QB. Fields has shown next to nothing so far this year that he is anything more than he was in Chicago. His reads are still slow, he is incredibly indecisive, and about the only positive I can say is that he throws a nice deep ball. Do I think Wilson could put up 300 yards a game...given our WR corp, not with any confidence. Do I think he can perform better and put more points on the board than Fields, absolutely.
LOL.....yeah...that is the Wilson we have right now.

I think there is method in this turtle ball madness. GP being targeted more only increases his value for next contract, not sure how much a team will pay him but I’m thinking there are a lot of zeroes involved. GP might be limited to a couple of great plays a game, making the rest of us wonder why he doesn’t more opportunities.

Turtle ball: Great no turnovers but, every 4th down punt is a turnover if you want to get technical. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense to be perfect and cause mismatches to their benefit. JPJ goes a long way in closing down opponents #1 receivers..

Remember the good old days when AB was shooting for 24 pts a game with the killer B’s. Stretching a teams D and capitalizing on miss matches should be a thing the Steeler excel at, ex. Mt. Washington vs. a safety. Oh my! I really do not think any defensive play in the league could have stopped that completion.

Turtle ball wins games if you make 0 errors, so far, so good. We will see how this all pans out against the Chargers.

Did I say I’m not a fan of turtle ball, but I am a fan of winning. I guess you put the pressure on the part of the team that gets paid the most, the Wizard of Boz, with kick a 70 yarder if things continue going like they have been.

Turtle ball wins games if you make 0 errors, so far, so good. We will see how this all pans out against the Chargers.

Salute Steeler Nation:flag: