• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It is Good to Experience a Peaceful Protest

Bullshit. This whole thig started because the cop was white. If it was the other way around, they wouldnt give a ****. And we all know it.

So you're saying that if a black cop knelt on a white man's neck and killed him on video that no one would care? That cop would be under the jail by time they got done with him. GTFOH man.

So you're saying that if a black cop knelt on a white man's neck and killed him on video that no one would care? That cop would be under the jail by time they got done with him. GTFOH man.

He would be in jail, but are you honestly trying to say that there would be nationwide rioting and outrage? Nuh Uh. Same would apply to Balck cop and Black Perp, White Cop and White Perp. They would cause no outrage. Nada. This is the only possible scenario that causes this.

Last edited:

When was the last time we had 2 weeks of riots because a white guy got killed?

I understand your frustration. I find it more productive to ask, what are the biggest problems you face growing up in America? What are the examples of racism you've faced? What can be done to help?

These are good questions to start a conversation.
I was jumped in job corps by three black kids. One in anger i threw off a balcony in retaliation. Pretty much the majority of that job corps was racist towards whites. I was 16 at the time the youngest you could be in there in Brunswick.(I am 52 now) White kids were a minority there. Before job corps I was stabbed on the street by a robber (I lived on the streets-was a runaway... I pretty much tried to avoid everyone) I still have the scar on my arm to prove it. I was shot at in Jupiter because my friends were a bunch of idiots. As a child I was pinned against the locker I think the guy had sexual issues...I escaped. On the flip side I was in an all black school in Mobile Alabama as a young child. I remember being taught scissors an exercise. Only one other white kid and it was a female. No incidents there. I was the youngest in comparison to all events mentioned. I had a really close friend in Job Corps that was black who taught me some things that the streets didn't. So for every bad there was a good. After the service I met my biological German mother, four siblings which I wasn't raised with, 2 are black. My brother(black) and older sister(white) I am close with. My younger sister(black) is racist which I have no contact with but we did all meet up in Vegas for a family reunion. So I have been in just about every situation. I have helped stranded black people on the side of the road and didn't think about color in the process. I could paint a house with experience but still judge everyone based on actions not on color of skin. I have no white guilt and find it insulting for a black man or woman to act like they are related that itself is entwined with a racial element. I don't feel I am related to any white people besides the ones I am. My brother I would give my life for as the rest of my family and some friends. This whole thing going on now is doing more to divide than unify. I see the media they are pointing fingers only showing white on black hate. But there is a lot of black on white hate. I see it all. It all makes me sad but I know there is a element of ignorance and a level of political agenda. I live in Penn Hills(close to Monroeville) a mixed community. Quiet for the most part I see little racism. But here and there I have spotted some but overall a good community. I will stand for the flag and won't accept people kneeling. I believe you pay respect to a flag that gave us all freedom. I could have went many routes in life even prison. It was all there for me if I chose. Nobody handed me anything. I worked for what I have and respect anyone else likewise. If I am wrong about a person I have no qualms about apologizing. This thing we are encountering from all views- angles won't go away as ignorance won't go away. People only change stripes the majority of time with significant events. Education for all races will lessen it. But right now a lot people seem to be clueless that it is multi raced prejudice. It is not just black on white as it is painted. Start with that and the country might start to get better. Otherwise it will be a lot of agenda mixed with multiple side racism as it is now. All of it has me wanting that country life even more. During football watching the Steelers I want to do just that watch the Steelers. I don't want agenda forced down my throat. Social media seems to be a huge platform if a race is feeling overwhelmed they can use that. On a personal level a man or a woman can identify that not all white people are racists and not all black people are racist. Judge someone by their actions not their skin color. If you twatwaffles of all colors are going to kill each other please do it away from me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:

Yes, that is exactly what we are saying.

MINNEAPOLIS —
June 7, 2019

Mohamed Noor’s arrival as the first Somali-American officer in his Minneapolis police precinct was celebrated three years ago as a cultural bridge, a way of building trust between the police and the city’s large refugee population. The mayor even attended a welcome ceremony for him.

But on Friday, Mr. Noor, now an ex-officer and convicted murderer, was sentenced to about 12 and a half years in a Minnesota prison for the death of Justine Ruszczyk, an unarmed woman he killed while on patrol in 2017.

Far from building trust in the system, Mr. Noor’s case came to be seen by Somali-Americans as a sign of a double standard. Dozens gathered in the courthouse lobby Friday to voice displeasure with the length of Mr. Noor’s sentence, stating that they believed a white officer would have been treated differently. “Wrong Complexion For Blue Protection,” one man’s sign read.

“This case is about a black Muslim immigrant,” said Ahmednur Abdirahman, 36, who was among the protesters. “They are worried about disappointing the white community. For that reason, justice was not served today.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/us/minneapolis-police-sentencing-mohamed-noor.html

The shooting victim was a 40-year old female who had made the 9-1-1 call, and who walked up to the driver's side of the police vehicle as the Somali cop (black) shot over the driver and killed her.

She was "unarmed, wearing pajamas and holding nothing but a glittery cellphone."

And the protesters in Minneapolis protested that his getting 12.5 years was unfair, he was singled out because of his race, punished because his victim was an unarmed 40-year old woman in her pajamas who had CALLED THE ******* COPS.

If you are not acknowledging the racial divide among African-Americans, and the "black good, white bad" narrative, you are not being forthright.

Everyone, and it would help to listen. This problem isn't going away with distractive arguments, it can be difficult and uncomfortable to understand. People of every race, nationality, and religion are protesting world wide, because this exists.

But the cries about "institutional this" or "systemic that" are nothing we can do to fix. If you show me a person, then I can act. If you show me a mayor, I can vote. The generalized, non-specific, often contradictory claims about systematic racism mean there really is nothing we can do to fix a specific problem and instead are left with the "napalm" approach: Burn it all down.

That is why things like "de-fund the police" seem viable. If you tell me the mayor of Minneapolis is a known racist enacting racist policies, I can help you fix that. If you protest entire 900-person organizations are inherently racist, without citing a PERSON who can be labeled as such, there is nothing I can do other than watch you destroy the organization.

Look, I get that racism exists, some influential people are racists, some police officers are racists. I agree.

But some politicians are crooked, liars, stealing from Americans. Okay, a lot. So disband all political office?

Some doctors are crooked, care more about money than patients, lie and steal. So disband governed medical care?

Some lawyers are dishonest. I know, I know, impossible to believe. So disband organized legal representation?

You get the point. Specific complaints against identifiable people can be investigated and corrected. But broad-based, generalized attacks on institutions are an effort to tear down the institution, not improve it. And those measures never work. Ever.

"What do we want? Dead cops! ...When do we want it? Right now!"

"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon!"

Sorry, not down with that.

I would like to ask the members of the thread to help me understand this phenomenon. Candace Owens brought it up in a video recently. She made a profound point.

She read it in a Shelby Steele book and repeated it. She said unlike any other community in America, blacks cater to the bottom denominator in their society. They are the only community that will get outraged, get up, picket and protest to defend the bottom denominator of their community - meaning criminals, robbers, etc. If you commit a crime, only Black Americans will be out picketing to defend the criminals.

Whites and Jews don't. Those communities will dispose of the people they think are at the bottom of their society and instead uplift people at the top of their society. They are raising their average by rallying behind the good in their community instead of the bad.

It's hard to argue with her premise. Think about it. It's really very true.

Why is this? Why can't we help them celebrate success and not encourage failure? What is it culturally or societally that drives this incredibly unique phenomenon? And please for gods sake don't say oppression.

Floyd is a perfect example. 10 criminal convictions (not wrongful over-incarcerations for minor crimes...the dude committed heinous crimes). He was counterfeiting, high, etc when arrested and murdered.

Last edited:
Racism???

No. It's reflexive reaction to do the opposite of whitey. Whites strive for achievement so blacks deride other blacks who try to do good in school, be successful, etc. as acting white, being an Oreo, etc.

*Profanity Alert*

Let’ them have it. Let them burn. Let them beg for help when their cities are overrun with gangs and death. It will come.

You don’t want law in order. But you protect those that tear your city down. Hmm.

I pray for your youth as they are already lost.

I would like to ask the members of the thread to help me understand this phenomenon. Candace Owens brought it up in a video recently. She made a profound point.

She read it in a Shelby Steele book and repeated it. She said unlike any other community in America, blacks cater to the bottom denominator in their society. They are the only community that will get outraged, get up, picket and protest to defend the bottom denominator of their community - meaning criminals, robbers, etc. If you commit a crime, only Black Americans will be out picketing to defend the criminals.

Whites and Jews don't. Those communities will dispose of the people they think are at the bottom of their society and instead uplift people at the top of their society. They are raising their average by rallying behind the good in their community instead of the bad.

Why is this? Why can't we help them celebrate success and not encourage failure? What is it culturally or societally that drives this incredibly unique phenomenon? And please for gods sake don't say oppression.

Floyd is a perfect example. 10 criminal convictions (not wrongful over-incarcerations for minor crimes...the dude committed heinous crimes). He was counterfeiting, high, etc when arrested and murdered.

Imma vote for her when she is up. Amazing smart black women.

If people world quit breaking laws, wouldn't most of this fix itself ? That should be the question being asked, why are people so morally corrupt ?

Humans are all capable of corruption. The interesting aspect is "why is the playing field tilted toward affluent communities?" Case in point Cocaine convictions in the 80s were relatively small and loosely enforced in white communities. Crack which is a cheaper form of the same drug, was strongly litigated against, and possession meant jail time. This targeted poorer mostly black communities.

Just one of many examples in the video I shared.

Cope, do you agree with me that no useful change can be reached until all involved - black, white, Hispanic, male, female, ALL - accept that we are not the be-all and end-all? That our lives are important not for ourselves alone but for the greater good of the world around us? And that we are part of an incredible mechanism known as the universe, and we either make our universe better, or we make it worse?

How many of these protesters have never volunteered time to visit elderly and infirmed? Or volunteered time to help homeless veterans? Have never given any real money to help the poorest among us who need and deserve the help?

And who express vicious dislike of family - blood relatives - based on political views? Who will not date a person because of his or her political views? My point is that protesters attend some public event, express outrage at the way some guy is treated, and then go home and don't do a goddamn thing to make the world around them - the one they actually influence - a better place. Instead, the degrade, and divide, and judge, and announce their holier-than-thou verdict.

All while the protester has a grandfather all alone today in a retirement home, or a neighbor struggling to pay the bills, or a boss who needs help making ends meet this month. What do they actually DO to help? Their go-to: Nothing.

Know how I make the world a better place? Something that if we all did, we would not be having a discussion about funding police because WE WOULDN'T NEED THE GODDAMN POLICE. I love my wife, respect her, care for her, sacrifice for her. I love my kids, care for them, make sure they are safe and happy. I stop by my neighbors every week, the four homes nearest me. Travis, who lives north of me, has a beautiful little girl who is special needs. I have him and his daughter over to my home so that his kid can ride a pony and feel good. I look after my neighbor's homes and plants when they travel. I respect my neighbor's property and animals, show them kindness.

The result? I think I make the world a better place. That's really all we need to do.

So one of our long-time members has a wife, two sons, works hard, takes care of his family. Oh, and has opened his home to two African-American teens who needed help. He has actually done something to make the world a better place. No, he hasn't blocked traffic and prevented some middle aged white guy from getting home in time to put his daughter to bed, and instead he has actually DONE SOMETHING.

You know what he and I have in common? We have both been called racists on this forum, repeatedly.

And that is the recipe for hate and fear. Living like the Lord commanded makes me a racist. Doing nothing while putting on a show to make you feel better, a public showing of how great you are - you know full-Pharisee mode - is the preferred path nowadays.

So it is with the vast, vast majority of protesters.

Diversity is the cornerstone of humanity.

I don't understand your argument. Are you stating poor people and black people don't serve their community? Don't donate to charity? Because I don't see that at all.

I think you are also biased on your assessment of protestors and their home life. You meet. You pray, you discuss options for moving forward. You unite communities, you distribute information, You plan future events, you galvanize the vote, you support candidates that share your views, you push to enact laws, and hopefully change your community. I don't see a holier than thow attitude with people who attend, plan, and organize protests. But I do agree, I don't like any division based on political affiliation.

I do not support defunding police. I support changing the policies, training, having cops hold their fellow cops accountable, and eliminating officers who are showing aggressive behavior or racial bias. Protect and serve, as opposed to militarizing them.

I'm sorry for your and your neighbor's negative experiences, It takes real strength to make positive change in anyone's life.

I just don't see your generalizations for protestors, especially since these protests are starting to look like a snapshot of the communities that they occur in. Very multi ethnic, and a lot of whites attend as well.

Bullshit. This whole thig started because the cop was white. If it was the other way around, they wouldnt give a ****. And we all know it.

And if it was the first time that occurred, you may have a point.

The other way around still shows an inherent problem in militarizing the police force and police brutality.

I was jumped in job corps by three black kids. One in anger i threw off a balcony in retaliation. Pretty much the majority of that job corps was racist towards whites. I was 16 at the time the youngest you could be in there in Brunswick.(I am 52 now) White kids were a minority there. Before job corps I was stabbed on the street by a robber (I lived on the streets-was a runaway... I pretty much tried to avoid everyone) I still have the scar on my arm to prove it. I was shot at in Jupiter because my friends were a bunch of idiots. As a child I was pinned against the locker I think the guy had sexual issues...I escaped. On the flip side I was in an all black school in Mobile Alabama as a young child. I remember being taught scissors an exercise. Only one other white kid and it was a female. No incidents there. I was the youngest in comparison to all events mentioned. I had a really close friend in Job Corps that was black who taught me some things that the streets didn't. So for every bad there was a good. After the service I met my biological German mother, four siblings which I wasn't raised with, 2 are black. My brother(black) and older sister(white) I am close with. My younger sister(black) is racist which I have no contact with but we did all meet up in Vegas for a family reunion. So I have been in just about every situation. I have helped stranded black people on the side of the road and didn't think about color in the process. I could paint a house with experience but still judge everyone based on actions not on color of skin. I have no white guilt and find it insulting for a black man or woman to act like they are related that itself is entwined with a racial element. I don't feel I am related to any white people besides the ones I am. My brother I would give my life for as the rest of my family and some friends. This whole thing going on now is doing more to divide than unify. I see the media they are pointing fingers only showing white on black hate. But there is a lot of black on white hate. I see it all. It all makes me sad but I know there is a element of ignorance and a level of political agenda. I live in Penn Hills(close to Monroeville) a mixed community. Quiet for the most part I see little racism. But here and there I have spotted some but overall a good community. I will stand for the flag and won't accept people kneeling. I believe you pay respect to a flag that gave us all freedom. I could have went many routes in life even prison. It was all there for me if I chose. Nobody handed me anything. I worked for what I have and respect anyone else likewise. If I am wrong about a person I have no qualms about apologizing. This thing we are encountering from all views- angles won't go away as ignorance won't go away. People only change stripes the majority of time with significant events. Education for all races will lessen it. But right now a lot people seem to be clueless that it is multi raced prejudice. It is not just black on white as it is painted. Start with that and the country might start to get better. Otherwise it will be a lot of agenda mixed with multiple side racism as it is now. All of it has me wanting that country life even more. During football watching the Steelers I want to do just that watch the Steelers. I don't want agenda forced down my throat. Social media seems to be a huge platform if a race is feeling overwhelmed they can use that. On a personal level a man or a woman can identify that not all white people are racists and not all black people are racist. Judge someone by their actions not their skin color. If you twatwaffles of all colors are going to kill each other please do it away from me.

Thanks for sharing your story Slash. I appreciate it.

Yes, that is exactly what we are saying.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/07/us/minneapolis-police-sentencing-mohamed-noor.html

The shooting victim was a 40-year old female who had made the 9-1-1 call, and who walked up to the driver's side of the police vehicle as the Somali cop (black) shot over the driver and killed her.

She was "unarmed, wearing pajamas and holding nothing but a glittery cellphone."

And the protesters in Minneapolis protested that his getting 12.5 years was unfair, he was singled out because of his race, punished because his victim was an unarmed 40-year old woman in her pajamas who had CALLED THE ******* COPS.

If you are not acknowledging the racial divide among African-Americans, and the "black good, white bad" narrative, you are not being forthright.

So the black cop was sent to jail for 12 years while the White cop that shot an unarmed black man in his car with his wife and daughter present, and got acquitted? I can see the inequality of punishment between races in this situation.

For me, both should have been sent to jail for the same crime. I don't understand why they wouldn't, and don't have an answer for it?

But the cries about "institutional this" or "systemic that" are nothing we can do to fix. If you show me a person, then I can act. If you show me a mayor, I can vote. The generalized, non-specific, often contradictory claims about systematic racism mean there really is nothing we can do to fix a specific problem and instead are left with the "napalm" approach: Burn it all down.

That is why things like "de-fund the police" seem viable. If you tell me the mayor of Minneapolis is a known racist enacting racist policies, I can help you fix that. If you protest entire 900-person organizations are inherently racist, without citing a PERSON who can be labeled as such, there is nothing I can do other than watch you destroy the organization.

Look, I get that racism exists, some influential people are racists, some police officers are racists. I agree.

But some politicians are crooked, liars, stealing from Americans. Okay, a lot. So disband all political office?

Some doctors are crooked, care more about money than patients, lie and steal. So disband governed medical care?

Some lawyers are dishonest. I know, I know, impossible to believe. So disband organized legal representation?

You get the point. Specific complaints against identifiable people can be investigated and corrected. But broad-based, generalized attacks on institutions are an effort to tear down the institution, not improve it. And those measures never work. Ever.

Very honest points, and I see a lot of them. This is why systemic racism is so hard to see, when it is woven into the fabric of our democracy. To go from Slavery to 'Black Codes' to 'Jim Crow Laws' legalizing the segregation and dehumanization of former slaves. They move out of the south into other communities, and are easily victimized, because they don't look like us, so something has to be wrong with them. Their communities are burned, and they are forced to live in housing that is less than ideal and far away from affluent society. They still exist today. That is systemic, not even getting into the laws enacted to continue to subdue the advancements of that race. The video I shared on the 13th Amendment does a far better job of contextualizing it than I can.

I don't have an answer for that.

But I do know that George Floyd did not deserve to die that way, when he was cuffed, and 4 officers were on site. No resisting getting inside a police vehicle is not an excuse. 4 men could easily get him inside of a patrol car instead of killing him.

Let’ them have it. Let them burn. Let them beg for help when their cities are overrun with gangs and death. It will come.

You don’t want law in order. But you protect those that tear your city down. Hmm.

I pray for your youth as they are already lost.

Law and Order is an interesting term, used as a way to reframe the perspective from open racism toward blacks to enacting laws that greatly affect them. This is a point referenced in the video I shared.

I don't have an answer for that.

But I do know that George Floyd did not deserve to die that way, when he was cuffed, and 4 officers were on site. No resisting getting inside a police vehicle is not an excuse. 4 men could easily get him inside of a patrol car instead of killing him.
See for me I have to agree that that cop could have gotten assistance and didn't. So that cop deserved to be fired and charged. Which both happened. Statistically all that has went on as a result was uncalled for and an over reaction to the myth that black people are getting the short end of the stick. When you protest something the cause should be accurate. It isn't it is agenda driven by multiple groups. Which shows with the black lives matter movement painted everywhere.More black people kill cops and white people by a large margin. Should cops have better education? Sure. So should the school system. Stop dumbing down curriculum and teach. That especially goes for parents. To do that these fathers need to be there for the children. How will that get fixed? How will they fix the race from glorifying crime? I feel nothing will be really fixed because they are walking down the wrong path. **** I hate even lumping people into a race. It has been done I can't fix that. It should be Americans and God fearing people. Instead you have a lot of inaccurate finger pointing statistically supported. And point it out on social media you will either get crickets or labeled racist or uncle Tom whichever can color you are. We all know in life you can never truly fix anything finger pointing. You have to fix yourself first. You also have to educate yourself in the process.Which as a large group the black n white riot mob isn't.

Humans are all capable of corruption. The interesting aspect is "why is the playing field tilted toward affluent communities?" Case in point Cocaine convictions in the 80s were relatively small and loosely enforced in white communities. Crack which is a cheaper form of the same drug, was strongly litigated against, and possession meant jail time. This targeted poorer mostly black communities.

Just one of many examples in the video I shared.

You didn't answer the question , you just made excuses for there ****** behavior. To me that's a huge problem.

And if it was the first time that occurred, you may have a point.

The other way around still shows an inherent problem in militarizing the police force and police brutality.

No. It shows a few bad eggs. Every profession has bad operators. You are making a general statement that the entire police force of every city employs "police brutality". This is on the Mayor. This cop had a history infractions, and no one did anything to correct it. One bad Mayor doesn't make them all bad either. (just the Liberal ones) :)