• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jacob Blake shooting

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
They were attempting to arrest the guy for sexual assault. Shot him seven times in the back. Seven times. In front of his kids no less. At a time when an irrational argument like defund the police is gaining traction, police shoot a guy seven ******* times in the back in front of his kids. Somehow he is still alive. I don’t care what he did or didn’t do. This was unnecessary. What a place we are in anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...o-shows-police-shooting-black-man-11598278903

They were attempting to arrest the guy for sexual assault. Shot him seven times in the back. Seven times. In front of his kids no less. At a time when an irrational argument like defund the police is gaining traction, police shoot a guy seven ******* times in the back in front of his kids. Somehow he is still alive. I don’t care what he did or didn’t do. This was unnecessary. What a place we are in anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...o-shows-police-shooting-black-man-11598278903

We've always been in "this place", not just with corrupt police officers or police brutality, but pedophilia and so many other skeletons in our societal closet. Social media and other technology is dragging the skeletons out for us all to see and we don't know how to handle it collectively.

Did you watch the video? He was reaching in a car that he walked all the way around from the passenger side to the drivers side then reached in the door toward the floor board all while having 2 cops telling him to stop and gunpoint. Are cops required to get shot in the face before they can respond? He had every chance to stop and comply. You shoot till the threat is neutralized. Period.

Yep Sarge, there is no excuse for stupid. I couldn't view the video but why any cop would even think about shooting his weapon without a direct and explicit threat to his life is beyond comprehension. There had to be an alternative, especially in this current political environment. One would think that this cop(s) wasn't the right choice for the job to begin with. Hopefully they came up with a weapon in that car or another disaster is in the making.

11b354a046e4e50aac89d1ce5ec01401--murica-meme-gun-meme.jpg

Believe me, I am in no way an anti-cop guy. I know and associate with plenty of them and 99% are decent, understanding fair minded people but that 1% is sometimes so bad that we tend to forget about all the good ones.

LCiEsd1VPaua82-jZyop8vQAyR3seyRWSFkdOtuZSFAWgG6eir5S1hk3yNEYU9NbJHrYgsq2V1W8SgV2C0B7nUyNBJ_DWPRHO8ZYEvDcrCngn8O5HFtFzdm4P6NtOle6C9Wj8T93WJWSh9e44vJQryifvHyRr5PRqRXJXQ

Last edited:
After watching the video I don't see the issue. He was commanded to stop and started reaching in his car. What are the officers suppose to do? Wait to he pulls the gun or knife. He doesn't want to get shot in front of his kids maybe he should obey the cops and stop reaching around his floor board.

Watch the video, it's pretty cut and dry, some dipshit reaching in a car at gunpoint, I'm going home to my family I'm not waiting to see what he pulls out of the car.

Agreed. I meant the other side who are already outraged. The facts of all these incidents (this one, Micheal Brown, Tray Tray etc..) that cause apeshittery should be heard before apeshittery occurs Because then there would be no apeshittery. (does using "apeshittery" four times in a post garner some type of award?)

There is a lot of weird info going out on why the cops were out there that isn't confirmed, but it seems to be related to a 911 call placed for a DV situation. It's unclear what exactly the situation was and he was there picking one or all of his kids up. Anyway, the shooting in the back is troubling. From the video that is out, there seemed to be stupidity on both sides, but I have to ask..........why the cops there didn't stop him from going to his car? Yes they had their guns drawn, but perhaps tackle his ***, don't know. Problem with this one is that the cops in Kenosha don't have body cams and it's not certain that one of the dash cams caught the whole thing. Seems ****** all around, especially that his kids were in the back seat and watched their dad get shot.

start listening to cops when they have their guns drawn and live to see another day. Pretty simple

Not mentioned yet in this thread is that he had been tasered already when he was on the opposite side of the car. That didn't stop him, and he began making his way to the driver's side. At that point cops apparently drew their weapons.

Not mentioned yet in this thread is that he had been tasered already when he was on the opposite side of the car. That didn't stop him, and he began making his way to the driver's side. At that point cops apparently drew their weapons.

I heard that on the radio yesterday but haven't seen it in print yet. Even more reason to not have sympathy for the thug.

Did you watch the video? He was reaching in a car that he walked all the way around from the passenger side to the drivers side then reached in the door toward the floor board all while having 2 cops telling him to stop and gunpoint. Are cops required to get shot in the face before they can respond? He had every chance to stop and comply. You shoot till the threat is neutralized. Period.

this^^^^

I want to put any protestor, rioter, looter, public offical, mayor or govenor in those officer's shoes when goes into his car to get something. Taser didn't work, he didn't stop and continued to grab something in his car. What should the cops do? That is a serious question. Shooting in the back is terrible, but how far do you let him go, until he turns around with a gun and shoots the cops, himself, innocent bystanders, etc? How would YOU handle it? There was a warrant out for his arrest for sexual assault and has a history with fighting the police.
If I continued to disobey the cop's orders, reached into my car, I would expect to be shot. Luckily, he will survive, but his 8 lives are used up.

What did he grab in his car? A gun? A knife? Was a weapon found in the vehicle or on his person? If so I hadn’t heard that. Sure don’t wait to get shot, but make sure you are in imminent danger first. I know that’s a lot to ask, but shooting the guy seven times in the back for reaching for “something” doesn’t hold water.

Look, I can agree that if he listens to the police, this likely ends up different. But I can also agree that there seem to be a lot of police officers that are quick to shoot and this guy is one of them.

I can also agree that the police need better equipment and training, citizens need to stop being confrontational from the jump with police and parents need to teach their kids better.

Why didn’t the police tackle him and try to subdue him that way? He wasn’t reaching in his car when he was resisting arrest or walking to the drivers side of his car.

Simply put, citizens have a responsibility to do better, but so do the police.

Why didn’t the police tackle him and try to subdue him that way?

Not trying to be cynical, but that technique hasn't worked out well for them either.

It's a shame that it won't matter if the facts tell a different story, they've already been convicted.

Perhaps police need to be trained differently, to wait until they actually see what someone is reaching for before shooting. Unfortunately that is going to result in a lot of cops getting shot. Shooting someone in the back is always going to be questionable no matter what the circumstances, but I want to see and hear all the facts on this before I pass judgement.

As far as the multiple times if you shoot someone once and don't hit exactly the right spot, and they fire back at you, you're potentially dead. That's why they are trained to shoot until the threat is neutralized. That part of it is unfortunate but necessary.

Last edited:
What did he grab in his car? A gun? A knife? Was a weapon found in the vehicle or on his person? If so I hadn’t heard that. Sure don’t wait to get shot, but make sure you are in imminent danger first. I know that’s a lot to ask, but shooting the guy seven times in the back for reaching for “something” doesn’t hold water.

Look, I can agree that if he listens to the police, this likely ends up different. But I can also agree that there seem to be a lot of police officers that are quick to shoot and this guy is one of them.

I can also agree that the police need better equipment and training, citizens need to stop being confrontational from the jump with police and parents need to teach their kids better.

Why didn’t the police tackle him and try to subdue him that way? He wasn’t reaching in his car when he was resisting arrest or walking to the drivers side of his car.

Simply put, citizens have a responsibility to do better, but so do the police.

I don't know if it's fact or heresay, but it's been said, he told the cops he had a gun and was going to his car to get it. I don't know how true that is, but when he bends down in his car, that's when the cops react and shoot.
Seven times in the back. Yes, excessive. Warranted? Until the facts come out, I'll wait and see.

I think you are completely missing - and I mean COMPLETELY missing - what is actually happening in our society. For more than 240 years, we were taught that we as citizens needed to obey law enforcement. End of story.

You know what the legal defenses are to resisting arrest? There are none. Take the issue up before a judge. If we allow every criminal to get into a wrestling contest over every arrest - as black males now seem to believe is the way to go - this is what happens.

Further, the simple, ugly truth is this: The endless criticism of police and policing has encouraged criminals to fight and resist and get into physical altercations. The criminals are now portrayed as victims, and law enforcement as evil. Why the **** are you surprised that more and more black males are ignoring simple commands from the police and getting into fights instead? They are glorified for doing so.

Also, and I cannot believe this needs to be discussed, are you saying the cops should never shoot a suspect in the back, under any circumstances? How about where the suspect has already grappled with two cops, was not slowed by the taser, ignores commands to stop moving, moves towards his car, ignores further commands to stop, goes to his car, brushes off the cop trying to get him to stop, opens the back door, and reaches in? His back is to the cop, so I guess you expect law enforcement to wait for the guy to turn and see how many rounds he can put in your face before responding.

Yes, that is exactly what you are saying. Exactly. Maybe the guy is getting a note pad to document his strenuous objections to the police behavior. Maybe he is getting lipstick, fearful it is melting in the heat. Maybe he is getting a knife or a gun, to kill the officer after wrestling with him, ignoring commands, brushing off the taser, going to the car to get something over the direct and very loud orders to stop.

So, Occam, with your life on the line, which do you think is more likely?

Finally, if you were in Afghanistan, encountered a young male who was overtly hostile to you, got into a wrestling contest with the guy who simply shrugged you off and walked away, where you then pointed your weapons at him, ordered him (in his native language) to stop moving, ordered him to stop moving towards a vehicle, he continued on to the vehicle, and reached into the back seat, would you simply wait to see if he pulled out a an ice cream cone or a gun or a grenade?

Seven times in the back. Yes, excessive. Warranted? Until the facts come out, I'll wait and see.

I hate this line of argument more than any other.

"Why'd you shoot him seven times?"

Because he was still standing after six.

You shoot a guy to disable him, including killing him. No other reason. You keep shooting until the criminal is done. That took seven rounds.

I hate this line of argument more than any other.

"Why'd you shoot him seven times?"

Because he was still standing after six.

You shoot a guy to disable him, including killing him. No other reason. You keep shooting until the criminal is done. That took seven rounds.

I'm not arguing because that is the mindset to disable the perp. I just watched his wife being interviewed and that's what she was screaming about, "Seven times in the back." That's where that came from.

I don't know why anyone continues to resist or fight with the cops. It's not going to end well. He had kids and his wife in the car. Why not live to see another day? I will never understand that.