• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jacob Blake shooting

I'm not trying to make light of 9 blacks killed by police last year. From what I remember reading, 7 were justified. Not that makes it easier, better or whathaveyou, but that is three times as many cops being kileld and we have three months and an election to go. Sure, Black Lives Matter, they always have, but damn, Blue Lives Matter, too.

This is no longer about racial injustice. At least the serious ****. It is about hijacking this "racial moment", and creating the beginnings of a political movement.......one that is based on Marxist ideology. This "moment" includes a lockdown of the weak minded of our society. Is it any wonder that the severity of the lockdowns, per state, are pretty much broken down on party lines? This is not a coincidence. People are crossing state lines to participate in the revolution. It seems to be well funded.

It is time for the DOJ to start making arrests, because the Soros bought prosecutors are giving these felons a revolving door to freedom.

If you don't believe this isn't a class warfare revolution, you aren't paying attention.

Right-wing militia groups look at this as an opportunity to use their right-to-bare arms and defend property with any means necessary (which I have to admit, sounds appropriate).

It will probably have to end up in the Supreme Court (and I don't trust the Roberts court), but if mayors and governors willfully tell the police to stand down in times of large-scale violence then I don't think they can prosecute people for taking matters into their own hands.

It will probably have to end up in the Supreme Court (and I don't trust the Roberts court), but if mayors and governors willfully tell the police to stand down in times of large-scale violence then I don't think they can prosecute people for taking matters into their own hands.

That’s a tough call, man. I mean, if the government is derelict in their most basic responsibility to protect the people of this nation, I would hope they wouldn’t prosecute people that are protecting themselves. That said, the law is still the law. Tough call, for sure.

That’s a tough call, man. I mean, if the government is derelict in their most basic responsibility to protect the people of this nation, I would hope they wouldn’t prosecute people that are protecting themselves. That said, the law is still the law. Tough call, for sure.

The problem with the 17 year old's case is that it will go back to he committed a felony first, thus everything after is his fault. He likely committed a felony being underage and bringing a long gun across state lines like that. Thus, any result in death AFTER that infraction automatically triggers felony murder charges.

It's like if you rob a store with a gun (a felony), but then act in legitimate self-defense because the owner of that store starts beating your head in with a baseball bat. Tough luck. Your original criminal act started the dominoes toward someone's death. That's a tough thing to defend. And I think that's why the DA was so quick with murder charges. He can't get out of the original felony of crossing state lines and being underage.

As much as I'm in favor of people standing together, even with guns, in the face of mob justice and riots when our government fails to act or enforce the laws of the land, this kid is up ***** creek.

Last edited:
All good points Del, but that L. Lin Wood attorney for Nick Sandmann is going to be representing this kid pro bono. He certainly doesn't need the national spotlight/recognition so maybe there's something more to this we may not know about.

It would seem this kid is up ***** creek but that news made me think twice.

All good points Del, but that L. Lin Wood attorney for Nick Sandmann is going to be representing this kid pro bono. He certainly doesn't need the national spotlight/recognition so maybe there's something more to this we may not know about.

It would seem this kid is up ***** creek but that news made me think twice.

Truthfully, I'm rooting for him. I don't think what he did was all that crazy or criminal. And LOGIC (which is what us right-wingers live by) says the charges don't match with the video evidence we've seen. That said, he DID likely commit a gun felony crossing state lines like that.

The key to the case will probably be to attack THAT legislation and law. Why would it be illegal, during a time of crisis, to cross state lines to defend life, liberty and property from mob justice? In normal times, yes. But the failure of our government to enforce normal laws and let these riots continue means he was given a "pass" to do what he did.

That would be my case. And yes, it would take years of knowledge that I don't have about case law, but I think something is there. Which is why Wood probably took the case.

I wish our media spent as much time on the minutia of this stuff and the FINAL result of news rather than the visceral click bait they do now. Because I am honestly interested and curious how the prosecution of this teen ends up.

All well thought out and reasoned points. He apparently lived 20 miles from Kenosha (not that it means much when you're crossing state lines), but it's on video that the kid was there to help protect property AND support the right of the people there to peacefully protest (not cause violence and destruction) and render them medical aid if needed. I mean yeah, they'll say he said that in advance in some diabolical plot to kill people in cold blood (where the video also clearly shows he was defending himself), but I think we with eyes and ears and critical-thinking minds know better. The kid had good intentions but ended up making a lousy decision (sorry, he did IMO) in a lousy situation against career criminals that's changed his life, and may change this country.

Naive and misguided? Yes. Cold-blooded, hateful & racist? No. It's going to be an interesting case for sure, and one I'm sure we'll all glean some knowledge of criminal law (and our criminals in powerful positions) from. Just saw this that I thought was an excellent point:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Imagine believing you live under fascism and white supremacy when you’re free to spew your hatred of the government and white people with the full financial and vocal support of celebrities, athletes, and all major corporations.</p>— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) <a href="https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1299584017222651904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tell us where he's wrong. I'll listen.

Last edited:

Wow. Listen to this officer. The Kenosha PD:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kenosha PD have a lot of explaining to do <br><br>One of the guys with Kyle Rittenhouse said the police told them they would push the rioters to them<br><br>They set these kids up <a href="https://t.co/ocybE7iGzK">https://t.co/ocybE7iGzK</a></p>— Tim Pool (@Timcast) <a href="https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1300143461186887680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 30, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Truthfully, I'm rooting for him. I don't think what he did was all that crazy or criminal. And LOGIC (which is what us right-wingers live by) says the charges don't match with the video evidence we've seen. That said, he DID likely commit a gun felony crossing state lines like that.

The key to the case will probably be to attack THAT legislation and law. Why would it be illegal, during a time of crisis, to cross state lines to defend life, liberty and property from mob justice? In normal times, yes. But the failure of our government to enforce normal laws and let these riots continue means he was given a "pass" to do what he did.

That would be my case. And yes, it would take years of knowledge that I don't have about case law, but I think something is there. Which is why Wood probably took the case.

I wish our media spent as much time on the minutia of this stuff and the FINAL result of news rather than the visceral click bait they do now. Because I am honestly interested and curious how the prosecution of this teen ends up.

The media and also access to social media is the single biggest issue causing these knee jerk reactions and i believe it is intentional.

Lawyer seems confident

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J2RJ-iv2VyQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The problem with the 17 year old's case is that it will go back to he committed a felony first, thus everything after is his fault. He likely committed a felony being underage and bringing a long gun across state lines like that. Thus, any result in death AFTER that infraction automatically triggers felony murder charges.

Nope. As I have noted a couple of times, weapons violations do NOT trigger felony murder. Otherwise, every ******* time you use an unregistered gun, or a gun that can hold "x" rounds in the magazine, in self-defense you would face felony murder.

Felony murder occurs only when a death occurs as the result of the commission of one of the listed, "inherently dangerous" felonies:

• Rape
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Arson
  • Kidnapping

https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/homicide/felony-murder/

That's pretty much it. Note that assault and weapons violations are not on that list. If assault were on that list, then every time a person got into a scuffle, or pushed someone, or smacked a person's hand, etc., and a death resulted, then 1st degree murder would be triggered.

Not the way it works. Manslaughter? Maybe. Murder? Nope.

Last edited:
This one is making waves today. Some government official in MD got fired for posting it. (trigger alert for you libtards)

EgmrB2JX0AAJIhe

Wouldn't it be awesome if the felon with the illegal handgun faced, oh, I don't know, consequences.

Other than having a large part of his arm blown off, I mean. Legal consequences.

Nope. Rioter with illegal semi? Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Man, that is a bullshit report. The skate board was in his hand and just happened to hit Kyle's shoulder. ***** please.

Forget the skateboard, they were both chasing him and trying to grab his gun. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Give them your gun and hope they don't shoot you? Seems like a clear cut case of self-defense.

Forget the skateboard, they were both chasing him and trying to grab his gun. What are you supposed to do in that situation? Give them your gun and hope they don't shoot you? Seems like a clear cut case of self-defense.

the ******** he shot in the arm had a gun in the hand he shot. Nothing is being said of the ANTIFA prick that killed a Back The Blue supporter in Portland, but they are going after a kid trying to do the right thing to help businesses and a city not burn.

It looks like Blake, who said he had a knife was reaching down in his car just before he got shot. The police tried to work with him, and the taser did not work. Is there audio?

F the media, they make it out like he was an angel. The man had a warrant out for his arrest and past criminal issues. Ask his victims if his life mattered.

It looks like Blake, who said he had a knife was reaching down in his car just before he got shot. The police tried to work with him, and the taser did not work. Is there audio?

F the media, they make it out like he was an angel. The man had a warrant out for his arrest and past criminal issues. Ask his victims if his life mattered.

You mean the 14 y.o. that he sexually assaulted, went back tot he house and wasn't supposed to be there? They had a warrant, hence why the police was there. And Drew Brees is going to honor him on his helmet. This world is upside down.