• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jets Working out Punter Araiza

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Typically what gang green does doesn’t matter to me much, but its nice to see this kid getting another chance.
For those who don’t know the story.. this guy, nicknamed “the punt god” was expected to be a mid round draft pick last year. Then, right before the draft, he was accused of gang raping a 17 year old girl at a house party.
The Bills drafted him in the 6th round, but then when the very explicit accusations hit the news, cut him rather than face the PR nightmare…

Here is the thing… the kid was totally cleared of the rape. Turns out everyone films everything these days… when the cops subpoenaed cell phone footage, and got witnesses statements they saw the girl, telling everyone that she was 18, sleeping with multiple guys and boasting about it, and Definitely not acting overly intoxicated by any means… some people filmed her having sex with a couple different guys…according to prosecutors it certainly looked consensual from her part…

The kicker was, the supposed gang rape happened at 1:30 am… and Araiza had left the party before 12:30… so even if it did happen, he could not have been involved… and the girl saying he set it up and led her upstairs was definitely false

The ****** thing is…… there is no way she can pay back the monetary cost he lost or the ding in his reputation some people will never let go of. Our society needs to figure out a very strict penalty for people who blatantly get busted for lying about such serious stuff. It hurt him and it hurts women who legitimately are wronged and people think they’re crying wolf.

The ****** thing is…… there is no way she can pay back the monetary cost he lost or the ding in his reputation some people will never let go of. Our society needs to figure out a very strict penalty for people who blatantly get busted for lying about such serious stuff. It hurt him and it hurts women who legitimately are wronged and people think they’re crying wolf.
Great post bkwheat.

The Bills knew full well about this when they drafted him. That means that their security people must have believed he was innocent or they never would have touched him. The sad part is they threw him under the bus because twitter got mad.

When will adults start running things again? It seems all we have now are cowards who do whatever they think will please social media.

When the story broke, all Buffalo had to say was that Araiza insists he's innocent and they will wait for the police to finish the investigation before they decide to keep or cut him. Pretty simple.

I have been on the end of false accusations from women. It still stings to this day. To a lesser degree but still.

The Bills knew full well about this when they drafted him. That means that their security people must have believed he was innocent or they never would have touched him. The sad part is they threw him under the bus because twitter got mad.

When will adults start running things again? It seems all we have now are cowards who do whatever they think will please social media.

When the story broke, all Buffalo had to say was that Araiza insists he's innocent and they will wait for the police to finish the investigation before they decide to keep or cut him. Pretty simple.

This is the problem with these sexual witch hunts… the accuser simply isn’t always honest… some of these are money grabs. Some are attention grabs, some are vengeance, a few are trying to spin a narrative, and some are legit… good luck sorting them all out

Anyone who hasn’t watched the ESPN 30 for 30 called “Fantastic Lies” should check it out. It’s about the Duke lacrosse team falsely accused of rape.
I think the sport as a whole got a black eye on that one. Hockey Canada was basically dismantled from similar but that was warranted.

Go no further than the accusations about Bettis… That guy got extremely lucky that the girl was an idiot… pro players get blackmailed for millions every year.. its a cottage industry at this point…

I’m glad Araiza is getting a chance to make a team. I think False accusations should be held to a criminal charge. I don’t want to slow those that need to report and GOD knows I don’t want guilty people walking. There needs to be a fine line established and I don’t know how that can come about.

Salute the nation

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Oh wait, Twitter.
I have been on the end of false accusations from women. It still stings to this day. To a lesser degree but still.
I was falsely accused of a crime (non-sexual) by a crazy neighbor about ten years ago. Got thrown out of court in ten minutes but it was still a hassle. I saw first hand how easy it is to be falsely accused and end up in court though. Anyone can say anything about anyone.
I’m glad Araiza is getting a chance to make a team. I think False accusations should be held to a criminal charge. I don’t want to slow those that need to report and GOD knows I don’t want guilty people walking. There needs to be a fine line established and I don’t know how that can come about.
This.

If you hit a QB legally or illegal, you can be fined big time. That that is the game. If you are accused of assaulting a woman ( no proof necessary ) the penalty can be even harsher. That is society.

If you hit a QB legally or illegal, you can be fined big time. That that is the game. If you are accused of assaulting a woman ( no proof necessary ) the penalty can be even harsher. That is society.
When you give a moron a keyboard, the penalty is even harsher-er to those who read his prose.

When you give a moron a keyboard, the penalty is even harsher-er to those who read his prose.

Thanks for the regurgitation of my breakfast. Cheerios out my ear!!!!!

Salute the nation

So if you ever have sex with a woman you should go to jail? Thats absurd… regret isn’t rape… and beyond that it was physically impossible for him to be involved with what she claimed happened… he was already long gone…

Maybe this girl got raped… maybe it was the one thing that didn’t get filmed at the party… but she definitely accused an innocent guy and ruined his reputation and maybe his life

So if you ever have sex with a woman you should go to jail? Thats absurd… regret isn’t rape… and beyond that it was physically impossible for him to be involved with what she claimed happened… he was already long gone…

Maybe this girl got raped… maybe it was the one thing that didn’t get filmed at the party… but she definitely accused an innocent guy and ruined his reputation and maybe his life

I agree.