• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnny Manziel Loves Football...and Coke

Only in America, where Pete gets permission to go **** himself and sdS gets turned on by it........ LOL
All at the expense of the brownies !!!

Salute the nation

My prediction on Manziel is this: Johnny Manziel will be dead within 5 years...

I would never wish ill on anyone, and I sincerely hope this prediction doesn't come true, but everything about this kid says he is headed for extreme disaster. If you have a chance, go read this piece from Deadspin.com on the Manziel family. It is extremely revealing and I really think that somebody that got screwed by the Manziel family is gonna come for the money...because they always come for the money.

Like I said, I hope it doesn't happen, but I can see it... the boy is on a collision-course with a bullet.

Linky link was invisible: Deadspin article link here

I generally think defensive coaches make better head coaches. Offensive coaches tend to only think about offense and how to score points. Defensive coaches have to take more of the game situations into account since they don't control the ball.

But if defensive coaches have a blind spot, it is for running QBs. They seem to love them. That's because in theory a running QB is impossible to stop and they know it. They can likely think of hundreds of plays in their career where they had a perfect defense called and a QB ran for a big play.

They just assume you can teach him to throw from the pocket. You can but the problem is it often takes years and by the time he becomes a great pocket passer, he's no longer a great runner. And you're fired.

Mike Vick is as talented as a QB could possibly be. One of the strongest arms of all time, great touch, and could have been a pro bowl RB or WR. All of that and he couldn't win consistently because he didn't put in the work. He blew off his coaches.

I see Manziel going down that road. He will make some highlight plays, be a good fantasy QB but lose games in real life.

I generally think defensive coaches make better head coaches. Offensive coaches tend to only think about offense and how to score points. Defensive coaches have to take more of the game situations into account since they don't control the ball.

But if defensive coaches have a blind spot, it is for running QBs. They seem to love them. That's because in theory a running QB is impossible to stop and they know it. They can likely think of hundreds of plays in their career where they had a perfect defense called and a QB ran for a big play.

They just assume you can teach him to throw from the pocket. You can but the problem is it often takes years and by the time he becomes a great pocket passer, he's no longer a great runner. And you're fired.

Mike Vick is as talented as a QB could possibly be. One of the strongest arms of all time, great touch, and could have been a pro bowl RB or WR. All of that and he couldn't win consistently because he didn't put in the work. He blew off his coaches.

I see Manziel going down that road. He will make some highlight plays, be a good fantasy QB but lose games in real life.

I agree with what youre saying. But Vick was a muuuch better prospect with a stronger arm and twice the speed.

Manziel appears to have a touch more accuracy, but even Vick wasnt this big of a headache before even taking ONE snap. Johnny would be lucky to achieve Vick's numbers, quite honestly.

I agree with what youre saying. But Vick was a muuuch better prospect with a stronger arm and twice the speed.

Manziel appears to have a touch more accuracy, but even Vick wasnt this big of a headache before even taking ONE snap. Johnny would be lucky to achieve Vick's numbers, quite honestly.

That's what i'm saying. Vick was a much better prospect and even with his talents, he couldn't just get by on raw ability.

The Browns are a good team with no QB. If they had one, they'd be dangerous. I was rooting for them to take Manziel. Pettine fell into that trap of going for the running QB who is hard to defend.

One of the most overlooked traits in the draft is consistency. Splash plays get all the attention, but consistency is what wins in the NFL. The Steelers proved that last year. Plenty of big plays both positive and negative but lack of consistency means you lose to the Raiders.