• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Dobbs proving,.... even if it's just better than Rudolf.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dobbs is panning out for Minnesota, even though it is ONLY a short body of work. Yesterday's game showed he can do things even our beloved RED nose doesn't seem to do.

Hijnd sight is 20 / 20 but if I could go back, Rudy would have been MIA and Dobbs would be here constructing rockets.

Salute the nation

Dobbs is panning out for Minnesota, even though it is ONLY a short body of work. Yesterday's game showed he can do things even our beloved RED nose doesn't seem to do.

Hijnd sight is 20 / 20 but if I could go back, Rudy would have been MIA and Dobbs would be here constructing rockets.

Salute the nation
**** at this point I might move Dobbs up over Mitch too.

The Tomlin Fan Club on social media is losing their collective shizzle.

So it took Josh Dobbs till he was 28 to be thought of as a potential starter at QB… he has been in the league for five years now and has pretty meh stats before his Minnesota starts … of course everywhere he has been have had some pretty miserable systems for QBs until now…

So it took Josh Dobbs till he was 28 to be thought of as a potential starter at QB… he has been in the league for five years now and has pretty meh stats before his Minnesota starts … of course everywhere he has been have had some pretty miserable systems for QBs until now…
I hope we don't have to wait 5 yrs. for Pickett to come around.

It's the coaching and scheme here. Dobbs has been around for 5 years and he's a smart cookie. I'm sure he's a real student of the game. He's got some real offensive talent in Minnesota on offense, that helps a lot.

I hope he continues to do well.

It's the coaching and scheme here. Dobbs has been around for 5 years and he's a smart cookie. I'm sure he's a real student of the game. He's got some real offensive talent in Minnesota on offense, that helps a lot.

I hope he continues to do well.
As long as we don't ship MT and Canaduh to Minnesota I think he will be just fine.

been watching Dobbs since he had his first game with the Vols.
he's been up and down, never stellar. Maybe it finally all clicked together for him.

been watching Dobbs since he had his first game with the Vols.
he's been up and down, never stellar. Maybe it finally all clicked together for him.

I know it's a small sample size, but I do hope he continues to do well for them. Hell, even causing a QB controversy would be nice to see in his case.

Salute the nation

I know it's a small sample size, but I do hope he continues to do well for them. Hell, even causing a QB controversy would be nice to see in his case.

Salute the nation
I think Cousins is their go to. But if he would leave....m

We don't have the system to develop NFL quarterbacks. Stints in CLE and ARI prepared Dobbs for MIN. He wasn't event getting training camp reps.

At this moment, he is playing better than any QB on our roster, by far.
Put him back in the scheme and I bet that would change. Not that obviously that is going to happen.

KP Regular Season

Josh Dobbs

Regular Season

Now let's examine that by far comment.

Doing a 1 game look wouldn't be fair so let's look at his whole body of work this season.

You can see that by far isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Dobbs would suck in the Canada offense too. Throw short outs and roll left so you have to throw back against your body.

Craziest thing ever, both KP8 and Mitch were doing that so it’s by design………. Another O’Canada moment.

Salute the nation

He was shackled by Tomlin to begin his career if we’re being fair evaluating him

Salute the nation
No controversy this year -- Cousins is out for the season. But I think Dobbs adds something to the Minnesota offense that always has been lacking with Cousins...mobility at the QB position. He is looking really solid with hardly any reps. Wait until he gets Jefferson back. The Vikings just seem like a proper fit for Dobbs, and those fans really get behind a quarterback who is playing good football. I wish him well, too.

I've been sick of the mentioning of him being a rocket scientist and that being proof of how "smart" he is for about, oh, since the 1st few months after they've been saying it, 7 years ago. They STILL make mention of him being a "rocket scientist" when doing his highlights, like enough already, we get it: He went to school for rocket science. How many times are you gonna have to repeat it? And just so everyone gets it, going to school for "rocket science" means jack sh-t to those trying to make QB in the NFL, OK?

Nothing against you, Iron City. But they were STILL bringing it up last week. I got it.

I've been sick of the mentioning of him being a rocket scientist and that being proof of how "smart" he is for about, oh, since the 1st few months after they've been saying it, 7 years ago. They STILL make mention of him being a "rocket scientist" when doing his highlights, like enough already, we get it: He went to school for rocket science. How many times are you gonna have to repeat it? And just so everyone gets it, going to school for "rocket science" means jack sh-t to those trying to make QB in the NFL, OK?

Nothing against you, Iron City. But they were STILL bringing it up last week. I got it.
No more annoying than the posters habitually down talking Kenny like the are Nostradamus.

Nothing against you Greg.😉

Everyone knows what Dobbs is.
Maybe. I seen late bloomers at the position surprise many. Wouldn't be the first one in the history of the game

No more annoying than the posters habitually down talking Kenny like the are Nostradamus.

Nothing against you Greg.😉
Yea, because we ALL know Kenny hasn't been playing great and you really have to be Nostradamus to see it. I mean, you have to be the greatest prognosticator in the history of the world to see Kenny is playing like crap. No one else could be able to see that sneaky of a trend. I mean, you have to be pure genius to realize Kenny's 28th ranking and 36 QBR points is near the bottom of all NFL QBs. Only the true oracle can determine that. :D