• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Dobbs proving,.... even if it's just better than Rudolf.

Tgere is a real good reason Ben loved him as a backup. He noted things from the sidelines and relayed them to Ben.

Often guys who are able to see all the angles on the field in their head aren’t physically able to take advantage on the field… those guys make good coaches…
I’ve seen Mitch and Mason talking to Kenny after series. Sometimes it’s after he’s done talking with Sullivan or sometimes it’s 2 or 3 of them.

eh, I like Dobbs. I've liked him since he started for my Vols. I'm just aware of his limitations, even if he's the smartest guy on the field.

You’re right, O’Canada was never actually on the field………. (No diss to Dobbs)

Salute the nation

I’ve seen Mitch and Mason talking to Kenny after series. Sometimes it’s after he’s done talking with Sullivan or sometimes it’s 2 or 3 of them.

Me too, and not a movement…….. unless early mornings.

Salute the nation

Dobbs is the same guy he's always been. He's the modern day Ryan Fitzpatrick. He'll have a few good/great games, then recede back to why he's a backup.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a better player, but that is a good comparison. Both are smart and athletic. Both can help a team win here and there. Neither is going to be a consistently good starter.

Fitzpatrick made one of the craziest throws i have seen. His head was getting twisted sideways, falling back, and he hit someone perfect on the sideline. I want to say it was 3rd or 4th down as well. I think Minshew and Fitzpatrick are pretty comparable, but i would not put Dobbs on par with them yet. I think Dobbs got too confident and started getting careless. I still think he can be a decent QB, but needs more experience and needs to play within himself. Here is the throw. It happens around the 1:20 mark. It was on first down