• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Dobbs proving,.... even if it's just better than Rudolf.

Betcha the Brownies are wishing they never let him go right now
They traded him for a fifth round pick.. that likely will be the top pick in the fifth round…

They could have sent their lower fifth to Arizona at the deadline to get him back and still made out significantly, especially after walker showed he was a bum and DTR needed time to develop

Tgey are foolish

Yea, because we ALL know Kenny hasn't been playing great and you really have to be Nostradamus to see it. I mean, you have to be the greatest prognosticator in the history of the world to see Kenny is playing like crap. No one else could be able to see that sneaky of a trend. I mean, you have to be pure genius to realize Kenny's 28th ranking and 36 QBR points is near the bottom of all NFL QBs. Only the true oracle can determine that. :D
Because early out of the gates is an indicator how they will look in their third, etc. season starting.

😁

I've been sick of the mentioning of him being a rocket scientist and that being proof of how "smart" he is for about, oh, since the 1st few months after they've been saying it, 7 years ago. They STILL make mention of him being a "rocket scientist" when doing his highlights, like enough already, we get it: He went to school for rocket science. How many times are you gonna have to repeat it? And just so everyone gets it, going to school for "rocket science" means jack sh-t to those trying to make QB in the NFL, OK?

Nothing against you, Iron City. But they were STILL bringing it up last week. I got it.

I hear yaz Greg Lloyd, we all have our limits / breaking points. Mine was meant in jest, but i hear yaz .

Don’t lose sight that Dobbs, might have been a better keeper than Mason. Just looking back in time.

Salute the nation

I hear yaz Greg Lloyd, we all have our limits / breaking points. Mine was meant in jest, but i hear yaz .

Don’t lose sight that Dobbs, might have been a better keeper than Mason. Just looking back in time.

Salute the nation
Definitely better than that red nosed third stringer.

Yea, I hear yea Iron City. It seems Dobbs could be better than both our backups, not disputing that, just lost it a tad with all the endless mention of rocket scientist stuff, my personal problem I guess. :LOL:

I'm basing it on recent play; he really hasn't improved all season long to be honest.
True. Which has been talked about religiously on this site and all over the web. Which is why I made that comment ,not really directed at you.

But as I preach over and over again this here and now isn't indicative of the future. It might be it ..might not be. For our teams sake we better hope it isn't.

He has a stretch that we are going to learn a lot more up and coming. Next season as well. A lengthy time for some but it is what it is..a wait and see.

I've been sick of the mentioning of him being a rocket scientist and that being proof of how "smart" he is for about, oh, since the 1st few months after they've been saying it, 7 years ago. They STILL make mention of him being a "rocket scientist" when doing his highlights, like enough already, we get it: He went to school for rocket science. How many times are you gonna have to repeat it? And just so everyone gets it, going to school for "rocket science" means jack sh-t to those trying to make QB in the NFL, OK?

Nothing against you, Iron City. But they were STILL bringing it up last week. I got it.
Maybe they should be mentioning Kyler Murray's major in "human relations," or Derek Carr's in "recreation administration" instead.

Dobbs rocket ship is struggling to stay in orbit tonight
Nobody is comparing Kenny to Dobbs this week.( or any other QB) Imagine that. Like Dobbs the person. The QB.. still surprised he is playing let alone still in the NFL.

Nobody is comparing Kenny to Dobbs this week.( or any other QB) Imagine that. Like Dobbs the person. The QB.. still surprised he is playing let alone still in the NFL.
I like Dobbs. He is going to be a really good offensive coach one day.
I think trading him and keeping Rudolph was the right decision at the time.. but they could have kept him…

I think he is a low end starter or good backup guy… and those are valuable

Looks like the clock is striking midnight for Dobbs

Looks like the clock is striking midnight for Dobbs
I mean that last pick was what we call a “positive pick”

On 4th down, you never just throw the ball away… you absolutely force passes..

In the best case, you convert… worse case the other team knocks it down and they get the ball at the los… but a medium result is that they pick it off and lose yardage

To be fair, Chicago is man handling the Vikes OL, and the Vikes receivers are doing nothing to help Dobbs out at all.

This is horrible football.

Is Matt Canada calling the plays for both teams?

So defenses adjusted to the wide open offenses over the past three years and few people have noticed..

If this Bears Vikings game finishes with both teams under 16 … then 13 teams scored LESS than 16 points this week… the Steelers scored 16 and the Titans and raiders scored 17

So half the teams scored 17 or less…

I will never understand why teams over utilize zone in critical situations… these qbs drill themselves into beating it, and unless the oline is utter crap… they will get the time to find the open guy