• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Josh Dobbs proving,.... even if it's just better than Rudolf.

Dobbs was terrible tonight and those 4 INT's killed the Vikings tonight. If that was Kenny Pickett who performed like that Steelers fans would be calling for him to be benched!

i mean, did everyone really think dobbs' ascent was going to keep shooting up like it had been, the last couple of weeks? he's coming back down to Earth now, there's a reason he's been nothing more than a journeyman backup (nothing wrong with that, that's just the ceiling for most guys at the position) during his time in the NFL.

i mean, did everyone really think dobbs' ascent was going to keep shooting up like it had been, the last couple of weeks? he's coming back down to Earth now, there's a reason he's been nothing more than a journeyman backup (nothing wrong with that, that's just the ceiling for most guys at the position) during his time in the NFL.
There are plenty of guys that don’t really find their footing until they are 27 or 28, but I mean he has jumped so many teams this year alone… he probably does deserve a legit shot with a training camp, but he most likely is just a high end backup type… capable of giving you some great relief games in a pinch, but not sustainable lol..

Honestly he was a front page ESPN story today and was probably forcing things a bit more than usual because of that

His accuracy was terrible here, can he improve that with experience?

It can happen to some more than others as once the tape gets made and reviewed, defense has better tendencies to cover/react.

Guys like BEN ROETHLISBERGER over came those shortfalls, guys like Dobbs tend to get held in check a little more.

Dobbs has a great story and I wish him the best moving forward, unless we face them.

Salute the nation

Dobbs was terrible tonight and those 4 INT's killed the Vikings tonight. If that was Kenny Pickett who performed like that Steelers fans would be calling for him to be benched!
With much reservations considering who our backups are.

So defenses adjusted to the wide open offenses over the past three years and few people have noticed..

If this Bears Vikings game finishes with both teams under 16 … then 13 teams scored LESS than 16 points this week… the Steelers scored 16 and the Titans and raiders scored 17

So half the teams scored 17 or less…
Personally---I love it!

Defense ---defense ---defense...

Steeler fans started that chant ya know back in the mid 70's....

I like Dobbs. He is going to be a really good offensive coach one day.
I think trading him and keeping Rudolph was the right decision at the time.. but they could have kept him…

I think he is a low end starter or good backup guy… and those are valuable
The only thing that is more annoying of the mention od Dobbs and the rocket science......is people saying he will be a real good coach one day.🤪

Dobbs is the same guy he's always been. He's the modern day Ryan Fitzpatrick. He'll have a few good/great games, then recede back to why he's a backup.

Personally---I love it!

Defense ---defense ---defense...

Steeler fans started that chant ya know back in the mid 70's....
Defenses are not playing defense of old.....football in general just looks lousy. From top to bottom.

Your being very kind this morning Supe...
eh, I like Dobbs. I've liked him since he started for my Vols. I'm just aware of his limitations, even if he's the smartest guy on the field.

Defenses are not playing defense of old.....football in general just looks lousy. From top to bottom.
well, the defense is being fined for hits and tackles, so to protect their checkbook...

well, the defense is being fined for hits and tackles, so to protect their checkbook...
Part of my point. The nfl today is ugly.

The rocket ship has landed back on earth. Seriously, I really like this young man. What’s not to like about him.,.,.Very intelligent with a great career ahead of him outside of football but he’s strictly a backup in the NFL and as Supe mentioned, he’s like Fitzpatrick, some good games but not consistently.
He’ll get some more starts this year and hopefully he can rebound but imo I think he’s strictly a backup which isn’t really a bad thing. They get paid too.

I think announcers can still refer to Dobbs as a Rocket Scientist not just because of his degree, but because he continues to intern at NASA in the offseason.

The only thing that is more annoying of the mention od Dobbs and the rocket science......is people saying he will be a real good coach one day.🤪
Tgere is a real good reason Ben loved him as a backup. He noted things from the sidelines and relayed them to Ben.

Often guys who are able to see all the angles on the field in their head aren’t physically able to take advantage on the field… those guys make good coaches…

Ben would talk with the rocket scientist frequently when on the sidelines. I don't see Kenny, Mitch or Mason talking.....or even playing grab @ss!

I remember when he was here and played in preseason games if his first read wasn’t open in two seconds then he’d take off running. Experience and better coaching can help with that but I was not impressed.

Also he would be far better of going into coaching after his career ends. Entry level rocket scientist make the same as entry level coaches… average salary of a rocket scientist is about 127 k a year… a good nfl assistant can easily top that… and top end rocket scientist still make under 200k… top end head coaches and coordinators can make millions

I think there is a lot of players if put in right situation can flourish. It's only the guys who have been to three four teams and still suck are really busts.