• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kamala Picks Nutjob Minn Gov Walz as VP

GUZJdMxa8AEmPv6

Green discusses a 2004 visit from former President George W. Bush to Gov. Walz’s hometown, in which a protesting Walz (who was still serving in the military) told the reporter about him supposedly demanding to speak to the then commander in chief.
“Walz thought for a moment and asked the Bush staffers if they really wanted to arrest a command sergeant major who'd just returned from fighting the war on terrorism,” Green writes.

Yeah, but Waltz can point to his service in Iraq in 2005 when his unit ... wait, what, he bailed on his post and was never out of the United States during his 24 years with the National Guard, where basically every soldier we had available in 2005 was sent overseas?

So the guy joins the National Guard in 1981. Solid. He does the 2 weeks/one weekend for 23 years. Solid.

His unit is called to active duty to serve in Iraq in 2005, at a time when Waltz has achieved the position of Command Sergeant Major. So far, so good. He is set to lead his troops in Iraq in 2005 when the war is very hot. He tells the troops, with whom he has trained for years, he is going with them to Iraq. Again, solid.

But instead, he retires right before the deployment. Uhh, didn't you serve those prior 24 years and train for thousands of hours to prepare for actual service??

Tim Waltz - true politician. Decades training for a dangerous assignment, but politician enough to duck the assignment because it's dangerous.
As a transitioned veteran I'll weigh in here...

I have multiple overseas tours and 2 combat tours. Nothing to brag about. But I knew "when enough was enough". None of us know what his driving factors were to retire when he did but to assume he did it just to get out of the overseas deployment is grasping at straws IMO.

Just an FYI - more dangerous injuries occur when we're in garrison than while deployed...

Dear President Trump,

The Path to Victory: Stay focused on kitchen table issues, challenge voting records, clearly state your platform policies. Never ever bring up your opponents age, sex, religion, country of ancestral origin, or even mention their name. Tell everyone specifically how America will be made great again. It's really that simple.

Continuing the insults and name calling will guarantee another 4 years of Obamas 12 year term.
I love the insults and name calling. He can still slam them on the issues too.

I have multiple overseas tours and 2 combat tours. Nothing to brag about. But I knew "when enough was enough". None of us know what his driving factors were to retire when he did but to assume he did it just to get out of the overseas deployment is grasping at straws IMO.

Just an FYI - more dangerous injuries occur when we're in garrison than while deployed...
I knew it!

This is kind of where I am. About 6 months into the meat grinder that was RC East (Salerno), I started thinking about retirement. Too many years away, too much time lost. Plus, with the rules of engagement tying our hands, the whole war on terror was making less and less sense to me. Talked to the wife and decided it was time. Dropped my packet and the rest is history I guess.

That’s why I said we don’t know enough. One retired CSM is claiming he abandoned his unit. Maybe he did, but maybe he’d just had enough. It’s odd how and when you reach that point. I’m certain I would have made CSM, but it would have cost me another 5 to 7 years, and that was too much. I wasn’t willing to stagnate at first sergeant, so I cut sling. It has worked out ok I think.

No argument on my end but one point: You and Sarge decided enough was enough after spending a lot of time in dangerous territory. Walz pulled the plug right when he first faced combat duty, and when his troops needed him the most.

No argument on my end but one point: You and Sarge decided enough was enough after spending a lot of time in dangerous territory. Walz pulled the plug right when he first faced combat duty, and when his troops needed him the most.
That's the thing, the timing was kinda suspect.

When did you transition? Berm what did the wife say?