• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kamala Picks Nutjob Minn Gov Walz as VP

From what i gathered on Walz and his service was that he wanted the rank of Command Sergeant. This was a position meant to lead troops in battle. He went to special training to get it. Then after his unit was notified they were being sent to Iraq, only then did he decide to retire. This led to him not being given the rank of Command Sergeant although he still claimed he had that rank.

Walz also claimed he had only signed up for 4 more years which would have ended just after the Iraq deployment, implying that his time was up. But the fact is he signed for 6 years.

Also, he notes the reason he retired was to run for congress. So, it's not like he retired to take over the family business or care for a sick relative.

From what i gathered on Walz and his service was that he wanted the rank of Command Sergeant. This was a position meant to lead troops in battle. He went to special training to get it. Then after his unit was notified they were being sent to Iraq, only then did he decide to retire. This led to him not being given the rank of Command Sergeant although he still claimed he had that rank.

Walz also claimed he had only signed up for 4 more years which would have ended just after the Iraq deployment, implying that his time was up. But the fact is he signed for 6 years.

Also, he notes the reason he retired was to run for congress. So, it's not like he retired to take over the family business or care for a sick relative.

All he had to do was tell the truth, but he couldn't. He could have said, "Yes, I rose to Command Sergeant and trained to lead my guys into combat but I believed the Iraq war was based on a lie and retired rather than risk getting killed for a fight that never should have been started." If he says that, nothing to criticize him about.

Instead, he claims he retired a command sergeant when apparently he was demoted from that rank due to the retirement, and claimed to have served in Iraq when that is a lie, a lie he told to help his political prospects.

The Democrat Party, like the media, doesn't even try to hide their agenda any longer. I suppose they do this because they believe they have the support behind them, and perhaps they do. It's evident by all the gushing being displayed by the general public, truly believing the Harris/Walz ticket is the greatest thing that's ever happened to this country.

They might just as well change their name to the Marxist Party, and they could probably get away with it. All I have is a single vote to prove them wrong, which maybe for naught when we have a media unwilling to discuss issues, instead pandering to and running cover for that party. The indoctrination is close to complete.

Hope I'm wrong.

Being a veteran myself there are things that piss me off more than anything.....one is stolen valor like claiming to be a combat veteran when you have not seen any combat in your entire military career like he is claiming. ( To me that is an insult to all military personnel that have been in combat. If I wasn't already voting for Trump this would push me to vote for him.

Last edited:
No argument on my end but one point: You and Sarge decided enough was enough after spending a lot of time in dangerous territory. Walz pulled the plug right when he first faced combat duty, and when his troops needed him the most.
Again, we don't know the context of his decision-making.

I'll share 'the straw that broke my back' story:

My wife and I found out that we were pregnant with our second daughter and had an idea when she was projected to be born after several visits with the OBGYN. expected delivery early 1999 - January or February...

3 weeks after that doctors visit - I got orders to South Korea. So I went to my 1SG and let him know my upcoming situation and we both went to my CO. She had never been deployed and was a raging ***** every day because she had an axe to grind. She flat out told me "no" and I was forced to go. Oh! These orders would have had me leave and be in country about a month before my daughter would have been born.

I didn't settle or stop there. I, as some of you know, have an uncle, who was a RA in the Navy and the highest ranking chaplain in the military. Made the call and explained my situation - he got my orders amended so that I could leave 60 days after she was born. Thanks, Unc!

You see, if I had to play a card like that just to see my daughter born - what would I have to do later in life if I ran into other life changing situations???

That was the final nail and I knew it was time to call it. Like Sarge said, I know I made the right decision.

Walz appeared with Kamala on stage yesterday. His antics ( hand clapping, fake smile, fake enthusiasm) reminded me of a trained circus monkey.

The whole thing was staged. Even when a heckler ( strategically planted) spoke out. They had Kamala say something so she sounded above it all. Staged .

I'm out of town for work. Turned on the TV this am. First five channels were how KH and what's his name are having huge rallies, etc. The deck is stacked.

Democrats. "Whether you decide to cut your baby's head off in the womb, or cut their genitals off after we groom, we're the Party for you!"

They're a bunch of sick,twisted,perverted and morally bankrupt people,who will murder children right up until the day they're born.

If they are born,they'll use them for their own selfish needs and desires.

The purest thing closest to god you will ever find on this earth is a child and they'll destroy that with glee. That defines pure evil.

And to top that off, they're liars and deceivers. They openly do it. We have to somehow break completely away from these people or we are doomed.

The Democrat Party, like the media, doesn't even try to hide their agenda any longer. I suppose they do this because they believe they have the support behind them, and perhaps they do. It's evident by all the gushing being displayed by the general public, truly believing the Harris/Walz ticket is the greatest thing that's ever happened to this country.

They might just as well change their name to the Marxist Party, and they could probably get away with it. All I have is a single vote to prove them wrong, which maybe for naught when we have a media unwilling to discuss issues, instead pandering to and running cover for that party. The indoctrination is close to complete.

Hope I'm wrong.

And it's something that you can't vote your way out of when it's fully installed. The voting system will be completely for show. See any totalitarian government in the world for reference. Venezuela is the most recent iron hand.

All they really need is to remove the Electoral College and dozens of states voices will go silent. Getting the 20 million illegal aliens voting will ensure they stay in power.

It's a domino effect after that when it comes to laws. The first and second ammendment are the biggest target. When they fall,it all goes.

Welcome to the fundamental changed promised to us by our first Marxist mentored president, Obama.

"Elections have consequences!"

funny how that doesn't extend to a Nativity sceme.
Churches aren’t allowed to have nativity scenes? Funny, I’ve seen them and I’ve also heard Christian church bells ring. Almost like it’s allowed or something.

I'm out of town for work. Turned on the TV this am. First five channels were how KH and what's his name are having huge rallies, etc. The deck is stacked.
oh, she's done won. they're already counting ballots.

they're calling him Tim AWOLz on Twitter/X

My wife and I found out that we were pregnant with our second daughter and had an idea when she was projected to be born after several visits with the OBGYN. expected delivery early 1999 - January or February...

3 weeks after that doctors visit - I got orders to South Korea. So I went to my 1SG and let him know my upcoming situation and we both went to my CO. She had never been deployed and was a raging ***** every day because she had an axe to grind. She flat out told me "no" and I was forced to go. Oh! These orders would have had me leave and be in country about a month before my daughter would have been born.

I didn't settle or stop there. I, as some of you know, have an uncle, who was a RA in the Navy and the highest ranking chaplain in the military. Made the call and explained my situation - he got my orders amended so that I could leave 60 days after she was born. Thanks, Unc!

You see, if I had to play a card like that just to see my daughter born - what would I have to do later in life if I ran into other life changing situations???

That was the final nail and I knew it was time to call it. Like Sarge said, I know I made the right decision.
The difference Berm, is that yours was a personal decision to be there for your wife and birth of your child, and only resulted in a delay in your deployment.
With Walz, he went directly in to politics.

This is too insane to be true, or is it? Honestly, nothing would surprise me.

454586383_842149254592572_1295220205015611379_n.jpg

Walz has had 19 years to explain his decision and has offered nothing remotely as detailed as what you just wrote on a football forum, Berm. I wager he has no compelling explanation, as otherwise we certainly would have heard it by now. I mean the dude's a politician - you think he would hide a reasoned, convincing explanation for his decision?

I'm also reserving judgement until I know more. He's still a brother even if our political beliefs are way off.

My story is similar to yours. Wife was 8 months pregnant with our first and I get recalled in the middle of the night to find out it wasn't an exercise. We were briefed that the LZ was hot and we'd have to fight our way into position. That's when my priorities changed. I was going to be a lifer and retire, but the thought of orphaning my baby changed my mind instantly. I deployed many times before and I was able to tuck my wife away as soon as she was out of sight. This, this was different.

I had my First Shirt call me into the main Comms room and he tried to force me to re-enlist 3 months before my separation date. He quite literally threatened me, and I refused. He made good on his threat and gave me orders to Korea 6 weeks from my separation date. I had to refuse orders which put a DE code on my DD-214 which impacted my ability to join the guard or reserves later.

I hope he died in a fire. I had many negative interactions with Chief, he was a dick on a power trip and I loathe him to this day.

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! who else is ready for Kamalaflation?!?!?

The media really do select and install Presidents these days outside of the 2016 lightning strike. I remember back when GHWB had an unprecedented 90+% approval rating after the NWO Gulf War. I remember thinking, "he can't lose reelection." (Had the same feeling after Trump's rousing SOTU before Covid and then immediate ominous feeling when Pelosi tore up the speech as signaling and said "Trump won't be President.") Remember the infamous "looking at his watch during the debate with Clinton as if disinterested" low moment for HW? David Rockefeller had ran an op-ed in the NYT days before endorsing Bill Clinton as the younger, more vibrant candidate the country needed and it was said that "Bush knew...the jig was up."

The media are similarly transforming been around the block Kamala into the fresh, uniter, Magic Negro 2.0 who will bring the country together around oxymoronoic progressive ideals and move us on from the stale ideas and politics of the past.

It seems crazy that people are buying it in this economy, but with 47-50% of the country not paying taxes and no real stake in the fortunes of enterprise or else in gated communities?

Trump needs to be very careful about the debate and negotiate carefully the size of the gloves, the ring, etc because even Fox News cannot be trusted going back to Election Night and refusing to call FL and other states for DT. They were part of generating the "put the brakes on" effect for the stall and swerve ending that followed. The media are very eager to pull a 1960 and present Kamala as young and fresh on TV and DT as the dirty old curmudgeony Tricky Dick Richard Nixon who used to be their arch-villian of choice.

Last edited: